COVID-19 (Aka China Virus)

Orbit

10 hours ago, Pooter said:

That's a pretty pathetic sentiment. We are the most adaptable species on earth and you're saying we're going to be irreparably damaged by putting some cloth on our faces. You know our ancestors actually used to not have any cloth anywhere on their bodies?! But then we started wearing pants and shirts at some point. I wonder if the cavemen lamented the collective damaging of our psyches when that was implemented. 

It is a small nuisance. So much so that multiple Asian cultures (specifically Japan and Korea) have been diligently masking for decades without grave social damage. And guess what, it helped them be more prepared for this pandemic where they have had significantly lower case and death rates than the western world. 

And Pooter, yes it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that masking is harmful to people. Doesn’t take a fucking rocket scientist to figure that maybe kids need to see facial expressions. It’s definitely possible that masking is very harmful to peoples psyche. 

8ABA34C2-C6DC-4BDF-A674-2AE248B2F868.jpeg

Edited by BashiChuni
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BashiChuni said:

And Pooter, yes it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that masking is harmful to people. Doesn’t take a fucking rocket scientist to figure that maybe kids need to see facial expressions. It’s definitely possibly that masking is very harmful to peoples psyche. 

8ABA34C2-C6DC-4BDF-A674-2AE248B2F868.jpeg

Bashi, do you need a weighted blanket and a nap?  Not that I don't agree with some of your points, but damn son...impressive rant.

Personally, my own kids (elementary to college senior) have shown vast improvements with a) getting back to in-person school, and b) getting past the mandatory masking.  It's the little things that make them more receptive to education.

It's my opinion, so YMMV.

Also, thought that kid was expressing himself appropriately...had to do a doubletake.

Edited by GKinnear

13 hours ago, Pooter said:

You know our ancestors actually used to not have any cloth anywhere on their bodies?! But then we started wearing pants and shirts at some point. I wonder if the cavemen lamented the collective damaging of our psyches when that was implemented. 

Remember when our ancestors breathed from their bodies? Those were good times. 

Social cues and communication derived from bodies are largely unhindered by the wearing of clothes— the same cannot be said about masks. 

Theater! The show must go on 🤡

How many people are truly unvaccinated (no natural immunity)?  

The fact that natural immunity from previous infection is not in the discussion just shows the level of intellectual dishonesty from the politicians.

I had two shots last year.  I just recovered from the mild cold known as covid last week.  I am considered unvaccinated due to lack of booster.  Why?  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DirkDiggler said:

paul-rudd-take-it-easy-champ.gif

He’s just saying how most common sense people feel out loud. Initial outbreak so everyone quarantine? Fine.  Get the initial vaccine and wear masks? Fine.  Social distance and be smart? Fine.

Delta, Omicron, masks on masks off masks on masks off now on, the Biden admin and their thug Faucii’s fear tactics and ineptitude, vaccine mandates, said ineptitude bleeding into the military by bullying and ostracizing people to get the vaccine (now booster), “we will tell you whether you can see your family for Christmas,” half the workforce too lazy to work now because of Covid entitlements?! Yeah most of us are tired of this bullshit. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Pooter said:

you're saying we're going to be irreparably damaged by putting some cloth on our faces.

The problem isn't the simple act of wearing a mask.  The problem is the implicit messages, day-by-day being cemented in people's heads.  

Implicit message #1:  Uncovered face = scary and unsafe. 

You (and everyone else) must wear a mask for "safety" or "health." 

Many, many people now instinctively think anyone with an uncovered face is:  a) gross/disgusting b) germ-spreading, c) dangerous, d) all of the above.  

Implicit message #2:  No mask = rude, selfish, uncaring, asshole, etc. 

You can make character and personality judgements based on mask status.  (At least half the population, and virtually all businesses with mask requirements, are donning the bullshit rag for that reason alone, and you know it.)

Overall implicit message:  "Health" is mask wearing and getting shots, and other humans are dangerous. 

The true horror will present itself in 10-15 years, when this generation of kids (who are being conditioned to believe all of the above) become adults. 

My kids watch movies filmed before 2020 and anytime there's a crowd, they frantically ask "where are their masks?!?!"  "Dad, how can they fly on an airliner without a mask???"  It makes me want to vomit. 

We have lived life as normally as possible throughout this whole thing, .... sports, travel, seeing friends and family.... all unmasked to the absolute max extent.  But the fact is, most of their time is spent in school, where the lunatic branch Covidians have them masked and distanced and afraid.  And shamed because they're not vaccinated, or because they were seen unmasked at baseball practice (ohh, the horror).  It's despicable. 

Imagine how f'd in the head they'd be if we were idiot Covidian parents at home as well.  Well, that's reality for many kids - they're having this bullshit irrational fear pumped into their heads FULL time, at home and school.  You are flat out crazy if you think the implicit messages I listed above won't cause irreparable damage over time.

Edited by SpeedOfHeat
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

In separate but related events for this vaccine that does not prevent the illness it was designed to prevent:

Judge orders release of FDA/Pfizer Covid documents

and

Vaccinated women experience longer menstrual cycles  

I love this line:  

"We haven't seen anything that's concerning regarding fertility or pregnancy in terms of vaccination," Edelman told NPR.

Helluva way to do your real-time research...

15 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

And Pooter, yes it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that masking is harmful to people. Doesn’t take a fucking rocket scientist to figure that maybe kids need to see facial expressions. It’s definitely possible that masking is very harmful to peoples psyche.

Not to inflame the mental break you experienced there, but the irony of decrying "liberal mask pussies" while simultaneously condemning a piece of cloth for destroying your entire life is rich.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

The dude that helped invented MRNA Vaccine technology or at least had a lot to do with it), explains the lunacy of what has happened.  Big Tech is the devil and there is some serious bullshit taking place with our "masters".

https://rumble.com/vrtdku-joe-rogan-jre-1757-robert-malone-covid.html?fbclid=IwAR1uDDwIB0fxwOTjmTDmevf2vYWK2r9KXaChtkQaclnK9JLl26z1g8CpcpA

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SpeedOfHeat said:

The problem isn't the simple act of wearing a mask.  The problem is the implicit messages, day-by-day being cemented in people's heads.  

Implicit message #1:  Uncovered face = scary and unsafe. 

You (and everyone else) must wear a mask for "safety" or "health." 

Many, many people now instinctively think anyone with an uncovered face is:  a) gross/disgusting b) germ-spreading, c) dangerous, d) all of the above.  

Implicit message #2:  No mask = rude, selfish, uncaring, asshole, etc. 

You can make character and personality judgements based on mask status.  (At least half the population, and virtually all businesses with mask requirements, are donning the bullshit rag for that reason alone, and you know it.)

Overall implicit message:  "Health" is mask wearing and getting shots, and other humans are dangerous. 

The true horror will present itself in 10-15 years, when this generation of kids (who are being conditioned to believe all of the above) become adults. 

My kids watch movies filmed before 2020 and anytime there's a crowd, they frantically ask "where are their masks?!?!"  "Dad, how can they fly on an airliner without a mask???"  It makes me want to vomit. 

We have lived life as normally as possible throughout this whole thing, .... sports, travel, seeing friends and family.... all unmasked to the absolute max extent.  But the fact is, most of their time is spent in school, where the lunatic branch Covidians have them masked and distanced and afraid.  And shamed because they're not vaccinated, or because they were seen unmasked at baseball practice (ohh, the horror).  It's despicable. 

Imagine how f'd in the head they'd be if we were idiot Covidian parents at home as well.  Well, that's reality for many kids - they're having this bullshit irrational fear pumped into their heads FULL time, at home and school.  You are flat out crazy if you think the implicit messages I listed above won't cause irreparable damage over time.

Depends on where you are… blue country, everything you said. Red country, if you wear a mask you are obviously a freedom hating libtard. No one lets you just do what you want without judgement.

Edited by MCO
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Guardian said:

If everyone got the VAX and wore their masks Covid 19 would cease to exist.

Change my mind.

The science does not support such an assertion.

Do you mean KN95 masks and face shields—after all, viral particles can enter the body through tear ducts as has been noted earlier. Also, with rampant spread in animal populations, there are now virus refugia where the virus can “hide,” mutate, and potentially re-enter the human population at some point in the future. 

This coronavirus, like many others that preceded it, will likely be endemic despite efforts to “control” it. 

COVID in deer populations

Omicron may have mutated in mice

Edited by Muscle2002

4 hours ago, Guardian said:

Change my mind.

If no one drove cars and everyone just rode bicycles everywhere or horse driven wagons there would be no car accidents.  

Edited by dream big

4 hours ago, Guardian said:

Change my mind.

Everyone MOPP4, vaxed, taxed, and boosti-vaxed, and a few million crews like this cleansing the planet.  There, done.  Just watch out for that passive carrier that can zombify the world.

(Courtesy of 28 Weeks Later)

ce00d617f6fb98f418c12759e49700ac9752b92b

On 1/8/2022 at 8:32 PM, disgruntledemployee said:

That guy sounds like, suppose the Wright Bros told everyone to never fly on an airplane.  I understand he came up with the idea, but it took a huge number of people to develop the idea into a product.  Now he just sounds like a qwack.

He only sounds like a quack because the media makes him out to be one....and all the sheep jump on board and shame him and his thoughts

• Upvote 2

On 1/9/2022 at 6:10 AM, Guardian said:

Change my mind.

No.. but based on all available stats there'd be fewer hospitalizations and deaths. And most likely a reduction in cases resulting in better hospital staffing, fewer airline cancellations etc..

Break/break 

Man, didn't expect that mask comment to set you guys off so severely.  It's really all or nothing with some of you.  What I've learned so far:

-Precautions are horseshit and not worth doing unless they're 100% effective

-Any amount of adherence to public health guidance sets you on an apocalyptic dystopian slippery slope a la 28 days later

-Pieces of cloth on our faces are the pre-eminent threat to both our freedom and mental health.

-Once they seize control they'll never give it back (except for that time the CDC lifted mask guidance based on data at the time)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Pooter said:

Man, didn't expect that mask comment to set you guys off so severely.  It's really all or nothing with some of you.  What I've learned so far:

-Precautions are horseshit and not worth doing unless they're 100% effective

Strawman. And there's a certain irony because your stance is all-or-nothing. If it helps at all, we do it, right? That's pretty inflexible.

In reality, how much does it help, and what is the required threshold for mandating something? What are the metrics for taking away individual decision making, and what are the metrics for returning it?

A lot of this is just ignorance. Most people are never involved in a process that determines the value of a life, or multiple lives. Funnily enough the military does it all the time with collateral damage. And insurance companies have life valued down to the dollar. But every time you get in a car you put other lives at risk. Is it the same risk level as COVID? No. But where's the line between driving and COVID? Isn't it strange that we don't know it, after two years? Who gets to decide? And if it's not up to the individual, does the individual at least have a right to view the process, the metrics, and the data?

Most also don't realize how many people die every day. So you get absurd metrics like "1% of everyone over 65 has died of COVID-19." Yup. But over 4% of everyone over 65 dies each year. So what's the point?

How many developmentally disabled kids who are *barely* able to comprehend human interactions will be irreparably stunted by the masking and isolation? 1? 100? 1000? How many old lives is that worth? How many fat lives? How many cancer survivors? If parents don't get to make that decision, what are the metrics being used by those who do? What are the government's estimates for childhood developmental damage, and what is their limit for saving the elderly?

In the next pandemic, when we have an actually-scary disease, was it worth creating the division and distrust in expertise that we've created with this pandemic? 

How is it that two years in, the government is only now distinguishing between "died of COVID-19" and "died with COVID?" Do you really think they forgot? No one at the CDC thought that would be relevant until now?

There's so much more to this than just "masks do something." 

You keep throwing the idea of tyranny back at conservatives as though they are making an argument for some sort of Machiavellian takeover of American society. Tyranny most often comes from the idiots and fools, so wildly underqualified for their positions, and deeply aware of it, that they will say or do anything to distract from their nearly-perfect track record of failure. Data and thresholds are the enemy, because they tie a politician to something that can be measured, scored, and held against them at the next election.

I'm not concerned about Barack Obama secretly running the Democratic Illuminati from his basement. I'm worried about well-meaning Americans taking the fear mongering and scare tactics of politicians at face value, and sacrificing their Liberty and free will for a threat that is being almost entirely exaggerated and fabricated by politicians. I think I'm wrong? How is it that some of the loudest politicians on the left have been caught violating every safety measure they espouse? Newsome at the French laundry, AOC in Miami. The mayor of Austin going to a wedding. Pelosi going to the hair salon. These are not the actions of people who believe what they are saying.

It would be one thing, and still bad, for us to give up our freedom based on the whims of politicians who do not have the data or the thresholds to present us with, but at least believe in their hysteria enough to submit to their own edicts. 

But we don't. Who are you going to believe? Them, or your own two eyes?

Edited by Lord Ratner
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Strawman.

Where's the strawman exactly? A straw man requires that I fabricated the argument to then argue against.  

the comment I quoted is literally a sarcastic jab at covid precautions specifically because they don't eradicate covid completely.

"If everyone got the VAX and wore their masks Covid 19 would cease to exist.

Change my mind."

Alternatively, reference the 28 weeks later flamethrower post from @disgruntledemployee

The mask alarmism in this thread is very real and very dramatic.