COVID-19 (Aka China Virus)

Orbit

2 hours ago, Sim said:

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html

Oh, look. PCR test can't differentiate between C19 and flu. 🤡

What's it like to read scientific literature, and only understand a small chunk of it? Is it like hearing someone speak Spanish and being able to pick out a few words here and there? Your clown emoji is fitting. 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, ViperMan said:

Fine. But are YOU ok with those things I've listed, and if so, why? If not, why not? What is your opinion?

Yes I am. I’ve always been in favor of a measured response that takes a wholistic look at how society will be affected by any mitigation measures. I have never been in favor of hard lockdowns or other draconian measures. However, if there are easy things we can do while keeping society running (Note: I realize my definition of “easy” may be different from yours), then I’m generally for them.

Wearing a mask on an airplane for instance. While I may find it slightly annoying, the real and yes, perceived, effects of wearing one are a small inconvenience if it means the airline industry can remain whole. Even if you believe it’s mostly theater, potting a piece of cloth over your face for a couple hours is a pretty “easy” measure. I’m almost positive you’ll disagree with my next statement, but I basically feel the same way about vaccination. Even at a “low” effectiveness rate (let’s say 40% effective at preventing disease), in a large group setting, that is orders of magnitude less spread. And while the prophylactic effect of the vaccines may be considered disappointing by some, they still do an excellent job at preventing severe illness and keeping people out of the hospital. Personally, I consider the trade off (sore arm, a day of fatigue) to be well worth the payoff for me personally and society as a whole. 

I do not support such severe measures as hard lockdowns, school closures, severely limiting seating in restaurants, forced small business closures, or shuttering public transportation to name a few. Fortunately we haven’t seen those kinds of measures in the United States for some time now. Some parts of the world, namely many Asian countries, appear to have lost their collective minds indefinitely. Overall, I believe the current mitigation measures in the United States are reasonable and effective given the need to balance public health and allow society to continue to run. 

6 minutes ago, Waingro said:

What's it like to read scientific literature, and only understand a small chunk of it? Is it like hearing someone speak Spanish and being able to pick out a few words here and there? Your clown emoji is fitting. 

No. Most people listening to a foreign language are capable of realizing they don’t understand most of it. What’s going on here is more akin to a non flying civilian perusing your dash 1 for an hour & then promptly declaring himself an expert in your weapons system. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Prozac said:

Yes I am. I’ve always been in favor of a measured response that takes a wholistic look at how society will be affected by any mitigation measures. I have never been in favor of hard lockdowns or other draconian measures. However, if there are easy things we can do while keeping society running (Note: I realize my definition of “easy” may be different from yours), then I’m generally for them.

Wearing a mask on an airplane for instance. While I may find it slightly annoying, the real and yes, perceived, effects of wearing one are a small inconvenience if it means the airline industry can remain whole. Even if you believe it’s mostly theater, potting a piece of cloth over your face for a couple hours is a pretty “easy” measure. I’m almost positive you’ll disagree with my next statement, but I basically feel the same way about vaccination. Even at a “low” effectiveness rate (let’s say 40% effective at preventing disease), in a large group setting, that is orders of magnitude less spread. And while the prophylactic effect of the vaccines may be considered disappointing by some, they still do an excellent job at preventing severe illness and keeping people out of the hospital. Personally, I consider the trade off (sore arm, a day of fatigue) to be well worth the payoff for me personally and society as a whole. 

I do not support such severe measures as hard lockdowns, school closures, severely limiting seating in restaurants, forced small business closures, or shuttering public transportation to name a few. Fortunately we haven’t seen those kinds of measures in the United States for some time now. Some parts of the world, namely many Asian countries, appear to have lost their collective minds indefinitely. Overall, I believe the current mitigation measures in the United States are reasonable and effective given the need to balance public health and allow society to continue to run. 

The problem with theatre-based policy is that eventually the people you are seeking to control/pacify/motivate/etc become acclimated to theatre and expect it over facts and evidence. Unfortunately, anyone can enter the stage with their own, more interesting theatre, and you lose control of the situation. 

Donald Trump is a great example of this phenomenon, both in his rise and fall. The deterioration of race relations in America is another. 

Good intentions are never enough to overcome the long term damage of lying. It may be fun to watch Fauci flounder under the weight of his bullshit, but we are all worse off for it. 

23 hours ago, Prosuper said:

I wonder if moral waivers were being issued then.

cann waiver.jpg

Ah, yes, the consumption memorandum!  Some traditions are still alive. New Buff crew dogs are still being spoofed on their generations with this!

Edited by 08Dawg
Words

Pretty easy? Dude it’s theater. That’s it and that’s all. If you disagree you’re a cuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

23 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Good intentions are never enough to overcome the long term damage of lying.

Quoted for posterity and emphasis.  This statement nails dead on the problem with our public policy decision making these past two years...and probably farther back then that.  America has been lied to for too long for us to naturally trust anything that comes from a politician or federal agency.

Well, I swore I wouldn't get it on a weekend and instead get free days off work...but here I am.

2x Moderna (no booster, been too busy to be DNIF 2 days) and I wear a surgical most of the time but still go out to bars, restaurants, and have a social life.

Everyone enjoy their NYE! I'm gonna save a bunch of money and calories by staying in I guess. 😷

Symptoms: cold, achy bones. Otherwise nothing significantly worse than the flu at this time.

Edited by StoleIt
symptoms

42 minutes ago, StoleIt said:

Well, I swore I wouldn't get it on a weekend and instead get free days off work...but here I am.

2x Moderna (no booster, been too busy to be DNIF 2 days) and I wear a surgical most of the time but still go out to bars, restaurants, and have a social life.

Everyone enjoy their NYE! I'm gonna save a bunch of money and calories by staying in I guess. 😷

Symptoms: cold, achy bones. Otherwise nothing significantly worse than the flu at this time.

Sounds like you should have waited till the 3rd to get tested. Better luck next time 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

new joe rogan is out with Dr Robert Malone. VERY interesting

Dr. Robert Malone is the inventor of the nine original mRNA vaccine patents, which were originally filed in 1989 (including both the idea of mRNA vaccines and the original proof of principle experiments) and RNA transfection. Dr. Malone, has close to 100 peer-reviewed publications which have been cited over 12,000 times. Since January 2020, Dr. Malone has been leading a large team focused on clinical research design, drug development, computer modeling and mechanisms of action of repurposed drugs for the treatment of COVID-19. Dr. Malone is the Medical Director of The Unity Project, a group of 300 organizations across the US standing against mandated COVID vaccines for children. He is also the President of the Global Covid Summit, an organization of over 16,000 doctors and scientists committed to speaking truth to power about COVID pandemic research and treatment.

https://podtail.com/podcast/the-joe-rogan-experience/-1757-dr-robert-malone-md/

• Like 1

Amici are 47 United States Senators and 136 Members of the United States House of Representatives concerned with the executive overreach seen in the current administration’s response to the COVID19 pandemic. Congressional members have an interest in the powers they delegate to agencies not being abused—the legislative authority vested in the federal government belongs to Congress, not the Executive branch. In this case, the promulgation by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) of a sweeping, nationwide vaccine mandate on businesses intrudes into an area of legislative concern far beyond the authority of the agency.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/21/21A244/207079/20211230171756458_MOC Amicus FINAL.pdf

4 hours ago, StoleIt said:

I’m in the same boat.  I’ve had both shots.  Same for my wife and daughter.  All three of us are positive.  I’m definitely on the mend.  Fatigue is the only lasting issue.  

I am curious if you have engaged your med group.  My med group is saying I have to have a EKG and some sort of a stress test to get off DNIF.  

36 minutes ago, lloyd christmas said:

I’m in the same boat.  I’ve had both shots.  Same for my wife and daughter.  All three of us are positive.  I’m definitely on the mend.  Fatigue is the only lasting issue.  

I am curious if you have engaged your med group.  My med group is saying I have to have a EKG and some sort of a stress test to get off DNIF.  

Standard post Covid RTFS. Expect an EKG and a 60 second sit - stand exercise with a Pulse O2 sensor on. It basically can’t drop more than like 5 percent from baseline during the 60 second exercise.

There was also a smell test, made me close my eyes and tell them what they had in their hand 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, FT11 said:

There was also a smell test, made me close my eyes and tell them what they had in their hand 

WTF? Is this “process” standardized at all? This was back in Jan, but when I had the covids I never even went DNIF. I showed up to work after symptoms plus 10 days and threw the JFS switch. 

Smell took months to come back. If they’d have put a peppermint candle in one hand and BQZip’s mom in the other, I’d have never passed the test. Is the smell test a required part of getting off DNIF?!?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ViperStud said:

Smell took months to come back. If they’d have put a peppermint candle in one hand and BQZip’s mom in the other, I’d have never passed the test. Is the smell test a required part of getting off DNIF?!?

Yeah hey agreed…fortunately for me mine was only out about 96hrs, and she held coffee under my nose…

They claimed at my base that it was to know that you could smell “smoke or fumes” or whatever in the cockpit. 

This was about a year ago, so things may be different now FWIW

On 12/30/2021 at 12:59 PM, Waingro said:

On 12/30/2021 at 1:09 PM, Prozac said:

No. Most people listening to a foreign language are capable of realizing they don’t understand most of it. What’s going on here is more akin to a non flying civilian perusing your dash 1 for an hour & then promptly declaring himself an expert in your weapons system. 

Can you explain why the CDC is changing this? Why is the test being revoked? This is not a gotcha— like I legitimately do not understand why the change is occurring. The website does not make it apparent or clear...