COVID-19 (Aka China Virus)

Orbit

I think he should argue that he successfully completed the training, and met all the preexisting conditions and standards to be designated an Air Force pilot. It wasn't until after he met those requirements that the vaccine was mandated, and even then, it isn't a condition for being a pilot, just for staying in.
Even still, I'd also be surprised. It's probably a rare situation and the risk of blowback for denying him wings isn't enough for Wing leadership to care about. Unless they're a Gen Milley, they're going to tow the line.

Would you make this argument if said student got RPAs, completed the syllabus, then DOR'd right before graduation?
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, torqued said:

I think he should argue that he successfully completed the training, and met all the preexisting conditions and standards to be designated an Air Force pilot. It wasn't until after he met those requirements that the vaccine was mandated, and even then, it isn't a condition for being a pilot, just for staying in.

Even still, I'd also be surprised. It's probably a rare situation and the risk of blowback for denying him wings isn't enough for Wing leadership to care about. Unless they're a Gen Milley, they're going to tow the line.

You are trying to use way too much common sense here.  They will not wing him.  The pilot shortage is a crisis of the past.  

18 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

Why would they wing someone right before administratively separating them? I'd be surprised.

Don’t know, honestly think it could be Wg/CC and timing dependent but I’m speculating, the email didn’t go into any more specifics.  I also don’t have even close to the full story on this so any guess I make as to 19th/AF and AETC’s actions would be just a guess.
  Personal opinion, if the guy completed the syllabus, was just waiting on graduation and I was wing king I’d let him wing with his class; I wouldn’t see that as being tied to the vaccine refusal.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jazzdude said:

Would you make this argument if said student got RPAs, completed the syllabus, then DOR'd right before graduation?

This case might be different. If someone DOR'd before graduation, they've effectively ended it.

I don't know the details of this one, but the student has finished flying so graduation should be before the official deadline of Nov 2.

If this student were smart, he'd remain passively non-compliant until after he's winged.

1 minute ago, torqued said:

This case might be different. If someone DOR'd before graduation, they've effectively ended it.

I don't know the details of this one, but the student has finished flying so graduation should be before the official deadline of Nov 2.

If this student were smart, he'd remain passively non-compliant until after he's winged.

You know the easy way out to a lot of people's hesitation to the new mRNA-type vaccines would be to just get the J&J jab and be done with it.  It's an adenovirus vaccine.  The technology has been around and been used since the 1970's in many other vaccinations.  Get the J&J, get it in your military medical records as having a COVID shot and be done with it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, TheNewGazmo said:

You know the easy way out to a lot of people's hesitation to the new mRNA-type vaccines would be to just get the J&J jab and be done with it.  It's an adenovirus vaccine.  The technology has been around and been used since the 1970's in many other vaccinations.  Get the J&J, get it in your military medical records as having a COVID shot and be done with it.

That's a compromise I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to make. Is J&J authorized to meet the mandate requirement?

10 minutes ago, torqued said:

That's a compromise I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to make. Is J&J authorized to meet the mandate requirement?

It was 6-8 months ago for us in the Guard.  They told everyone that if they got a COVID vaccine off base at a local pharmacy to make sure it got into our records.  I do know that Walgreens' system talks to ASIMS. Is the DoD mandating the Pfizer shot even for people who've already gotten the J&J?  I know quite a few people in my unit who opted for the J&J last Spring.

My only concern is that when I got the Pfizer through Walgreens, ASIMS flagged me due for a second one.  It just comes up as "COVID-19" so ASIMS may in fact not be smart enough to recognize the difference between the one-shot or the two.

Edited by TheNewGazmo

8 minutes ago, torqued said:

Any of the vaccines meet the mandate requirement; DoD can only force you to take Pfizer since that’s the only FDA approved one.  Got two guys in my class that got the J&J off base and they’re green as far the military is concerned.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ViperMan said:

No way they'll give him wings! Are you high? It doesn't matter that he'll have completed all the pilot training "requirements." He'll not be an officer in good standing, and that's a major, perhaps more fundamental component.

2 hours ago, torqued said:

• Upvote 1

I did the J&J and that son of a gun hurt like all get out going in. I've had tons of shots, but that was by far the most painful jab so far (not knee buckling pain but def uncomfortable).
Interesting. Maybe they hit the bone... didn't even feel my Pfizer. Actually had to look over and see that the dude was done. Then a week later it felt like someone was sticking an ice pick into my arm pit.

I’ve received lots of anthrax shots and most people will say they make your arm the most sore of all the usual mobility shots. The J&J was like a factor of 3-5 more “painful”. I got mine before any of the mandates were published and it’s caught up with IMR and I’m green. Side effects I experienced: splitting headache and general malaise for a day. Sore arm persisted for 3 days. Other possible side effects: I never lose 5G service, women (and men) are suddenly more interested in me, and I’ve discovered hidden treasures buried deep in the ocean. 

Edited by Standby
bad at graham uhr
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

There is a faint glimmer of hope. An FDA advisory panel voted 16-2 against a Pfizer booster for ages 16+ after a meeting with Niki Minaj.

Will the FDA, CDC, and Biden admin ignore it? Probably, but it at least indicates there is some healthy skepticism and courage among scientists doing "science". Hopefully it spreads.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/fda-advisory-group-rejects-covid-boosters-limits-high-risk-groups-rcna2074

1 hour ago, torqued said:

There is a faint glimmer of hope. An FDA advisory panel voted 16-2 against a Pfizer booster for ages 16+ after a meeting with Niki Minaj.

Chalk one up for the good guys!

I post the following with a NSFW tag.  Though, I have a feeling the ACTUAL lyrics were probably far more offensive.

You've been warned...  :beer:

Edited by FUSEPLUG
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sim said:

Whoa. I watched started watching after the timestamp you linked to. It should be mandatory watching for everyone. Even the pro-vaccine doctors are skeptical, and some seem angry about what they're discovering about the vaccine. I wish I had a transcript. The truth is finally finding a way out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, torqued said:

Whoa. I watched started watching after the timestamp you linked to. It should be mandatory watching for everyone. Even the pro-vaccine doctors are skeptical, and some seem angry about what they're discovering about the vaccine. I wish I had a transcript. The truth is finally finding a way out.

Yeah everything from the time stamp to about the next 30 minutes is pretty eye opening. 

13 hours ago, Sim said:

Now that the truth is leaking out, do not for one moment, ANY of you on this forum, forget what all of us skeptics have been saying this entire time. Do not forget everything you were told such as it being 100% safe, the "science is settled", listen to the "experts", and on and on. You're all capable of intelligence, however don't be incapable of having a memory. Never forget how much you've been lied to and what people did the lying.