COVID-19 (Aka China Virus)

Orbit

Cool, they should also charge an extra $200 for anyone with a BMI > 25, to keep it equitable. And if they were truly genuine, they should probably charge $400 for BMI > 30, which probably accounts for 50% of their workforce

Edited by brabus
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, brabus said:

Cool, they should also charge an extra $200 for anyone with a BMI > 25, to keep it equitable. And if they were truly genuine, they should probably charge $400 for BMI > 30, which probably accounts for 50% of their workforce

...like those COVID19 pre-existing conditions or other-health-factors worsening COVID19's impact...

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-with-medical-conditions.html

...discrimination lawsuit waiting to happen, who will be the primary plaintiff? Any wagers on if a class action will be filed? A hearty 'you-were-right' 😒 is brewing 😏

• Like 1

Guest LumberjackAxe
On 8/31/2021 at 8:36 AM, dogfish78 said:

But for example, Reuters news has a Pfizer executive sitting on their board. Yet *mysteriously* Reuters doesn’t write bad about the Pfizer injection.

This took one minute to find on reuters.com:

New Zealand reports first death linked to Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine (https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/new-zealand-reports-death-woman-after-pfizer-covid-vaccine-2021-08-30/)

Moderna may be superior to Pfizer against Delta; breakthrough odds rise with time (https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/moderna-may-be-superior-pfizer-against-delta-breakthrough-odds-rise-with-time-2021-08-09/)

The ex-Pfizer scientist who became an anti-vax hero (https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/health-coronavirus-vaccines-skeptic/)

Israel examining heart inflammation cases in people who received Pfizer COVID shot (https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-examining-heart-inflammation-cases-people-who-received-pfizer-covid-shot-2021-04-25/)

I think you may need to chill, bro.

From this morning’s email from the US Department of Veterans Affairs. LOL, so ridiculous considering the leading comorbidities form “Covid deaths” are heart disease, obesity, and diabetes.

B27B5F08-772F-4422-ACCD-BEB29962CE2B.thumb.jpeg.c51d3dbca29a07fdb2a785b6d4cdc79d.jpeg

Edited by torqued

I, too, was ordered by my commander to get the shot on the 17th. He asked if I was going to fight it or ask for a religious exemption. He said he did not know what the penalties were for refusing. I was not wearing a mask while he was telling me this. He was not wearing a mask while telling me this. We both know this is a complete joke. He said he hated that he had to tell me this.
Does anyone know what the penalties are?
Would it be silly to request a written order?
I said I would only do it if I was directly ordered.
Penalty for refusing a direct order? Ummmm.... Article 15 and dishonorable discharge? Not sure if there would be jail time involved, but I am sure the sky is the limit to the insanity.
  • Upvote 1

Well, it sounds like you were directly ordered, so according to what you said "I said I would only do it if I was directly ordered.", it's now time to get the shot. If you're worried about the efficacy of the relatively new type of vaccine technology you could get the Jansen/J&J (old school vaccine).

• Like 1

Well, it sounds like you were directly ordered, so according to what you said "I said I would only do it if I was directly ordered.", it's now time to get the shot. If you're worried about the efficacy of the relatively new type of vaccine technology you could get the Jansen/J&J (old school vaccine).
And there lies the out to a lot of peoples concerns about the mRNA vaccines. Do a search for pharmacies in your area that carry the J&J around you and get one of those. Supposedly not as effective, but definitely more effective than no vaccine at all.

4 hours ago, BrightNeptune said:

I, too, was ordered by my commander to get the shot on the 17th. He asked if I was going to fight it or ask for a religious exemption. He said he did not know what the penalties were for refusing. I was not wearing a mask while he was telling me this. He was not wearing a mask while telling me this. We both know this is a complete joke. He said he hated that he had to tell me this.

Does anyone know what the penalties are?

Would it be silly to request a written order?

I said I would only do it if I was directly ordered.

The fact that you and your commander think this COVID vaccination order is a complete joke is irrelevant.  You've already been given a direct, lawful order by the SECDEF (MFR which was in writing) that all DoD personnel will get the COVID vaccination.  Asking for a written order from your direct CC will not alter the above fact.  Your choices are:

1. Get the vaccine.

2. Refuse a direct order and open yourself up to NJP in the form of I'd guess at least an LOR or Article 15, eventually leading to a discharge from the service.

3. Claim a religious exemption (honestly don't know the process for this or how it works) and see if it's approved.  If not, you're back to options 1&2.

4. Separate from the military.  Understand that even if this is an option for you and you choose it your commander can and probably will still have to give you NJP while you're in the process of separating.

8 minutes ago, BrightNeptune said:

I was never going to volunteer for it. I'm ordered to do it, so I will do it at the latest date possible. 

As far as I know, I do not get a choice on vaccine type. 

Next up is for the boosters to be mandatory.

You do get a choice. The way the guidance reads is that you are required to have the vaccine because at least one option is FDA approved and that option is available to you. However if you get any other option that's under EUA, then you meet the intent. 

35 minutes ago, BrightNeptune said:

The base is out of shots. New stock comes in in a couple weeks. I was told it was only one type. I am required to get that.

Any reason you can’t get one on the economy? Stationed overseas?

1 hour ago, TheNewGazmo said:
3 hours ago, BrightNeptune said:
The base is out of shots. New stock comes in in a couple weeks. I was told it was only one type. I am required to get that.

Can't go to Walgreens or CVS with your ID card? I did with TRS.

You can here at least.  

What I don't understand is how I've traveled the US at least twice per month, never quarantined or forced to work from home, for the past 18 months during COVID, been exposed to it six times and had seven test (the first time I decided to get tested twice), have been sick twice during the same 18 months with something other than COVID (negative COVID test - thanks kids), my entire family has been tested four times and never had it, yet it's so dangerous to me that I must get the vaccine.

Not being a jerk and I'm not an anti-vaxer, just difficult for someone with my experience to understand how this vaccine is going to protect me or protect anyone else from me.

Edited by Kenny Powers
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

What I don't understand is how I've traveled the US at least twice per month, never quarantined or forced to work from home, for the past 18 months during COVID, been exposed to it six times and had seven test (the first time I decided to get tested twice), have been sick twice during the same 18 months with something other than COVID (negative COVID test - thanks kids), my entire family has been tested four times and never had it, yet it's so dangerous.
Not being a jerk and I'm not an anti-vaxer, just difficult for someone with my experience to understand how this vaccine is going to protect me or protect anyone else from me.

Have you recently gotten your MMR2 series (last 8-9 years)?

7 minutes ago, TheNewGazmo said:
36 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:
What I don't understand is how I've traveled the US at least twice per month, never quarantined or forced to work from home, for the past 18 months during COVID, been exposed to it six times and had seven test (the first time I decided to get tested twice), have been sick twice during the same 18 months with something other than COVID (negative COVID test - thanks kids), my entire family has been tested four times and never had it, yet it's so dangerous.

Have you recently gotten your MMR2 series (last 8-9 years)?

Answering a question with a question, good tactic.

US CDC Study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association last night:

83.3% of the US population had protection from SARS-CoV-2 by way of injection and natural exposure antibodies.

IN MAY 2021.

Unbelievable. Our response is more about leverage than threat.

Link to the study:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2784013

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9952555/CDC-study-estimates-80-Americans-protected-COVID-19.html

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 7.28.13 AM.png

Edited by torqued

@BrightNeptune Another option, if you have COVID antibodies from a previous infection, is request a vaccine exemption IAW AFI 48-110 (look at section 2.6). There’s also a current lawsuit against DOD for mandating vaccines for people with natural immunity. No idea if either of those will be successful, but it’s another avenue to at least try…if you’ve been previously infected. 

• Upvote 2

Pfizer CEO doubling down:

Vaccinations and Boosters aren't good enough.

Non-hospitalized low risk adults also need Pfizer's new and improved oral medication.

What more does it take for people to understand what is obviously happening? Snap out of it, FFS.

The Press Release: https://t.co/su5VtfbWPX?amp=1

The CEO:

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 8.18.06 AM.png

Edited by torqued
  • Upvote 1