COVID-19 (Aka China Virus)

Orbit

59 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Interesting that DOD doesn’t require mask wear for those who are unvaccinated but Fort Knox does.

I’ve seen you say this multiple times. What’s your source on that? Isn’t it just a federal agency policy to wear mask if unvaccinated?

8 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

I’ve seen you say this multiple times. What’s your source on that? Isn’t it just a federal agency policy to wear mask if unvaccinated?

Last DoD memo I saw mandated mask wear if you were unvaccinated. 

Muscle beat me to it. Yes the Sec Def in latest guidance said should. So unless there is other policy made, current guidance isn’t will or must but should. If Fort Knox didn’t make a more stringent policy and make it mandatory then I could see that causing issues.

2 hours ago, pawnman said:

Last DoD memo I saw mandated mask wear if you were unvaccinated. 

Last Marine Corps MARADMIN stated all E-5 or higher ranks must have recent (within one year) promotion pictures on file even though those images could not be used for promotion boards.

Just because there is a memo or mandate doesn't mean it is right or even makes sense. 

It's gonna get mondo uglier in the near future if that bug changes shape enough to evade the present vaccine.....global misery at best.  The vaccine refusenicks will either have the genetics to survive or die.  I was talking to my sawbones this AM and we predict back to total masking within a few short weeks.   And that is just the re-start...I truly hope we are wrong.  Ma Nature swings a mean bat.

Edited by Alpharatz
punctuation

20 hours ago, Alpharatz said:

I was talking to my sawbones this AM and we predict back to total masking within a few short weeks.   

That was an easy call in May of last year when we crested five weeks into “two weeks to flatten the curve”.

This was at its essence, a $30T behavior modification exercise.  And it has been successful beyond anyone’s wildest imagination.

Expect all of our learned vocabulary and behaviors to be trotted out on a regular basis.  I was expecting “a particularly bad flu season 😳😰😱”, but COVID19-2 is also a reliable plot device.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pawnman said:

It does if everyone gets it.  

Why on earth would you believe that?

This far into the pandemic no amount of capitulation to public health demands has resulted in decreased demands.  And since “everyone” includes immunocompromised and day old infants who can’t get the shot, your new demand is impossible.  

• Like 1

Jesus people. The Trump administration, for all of its faults, knew that the way to get back to something approaching “normal” was heard immunity, and that the fastest way to get there is through vaccination. Hence ‘Operation Warp Speed’ which, to give credit where credit is due, was an unqualified success. No, not “everyone” needs to get vaccinated. Seventy percent or so will do. When you have half of a population unvaccinated it leaves plenty of room for a virus to mutate. Hence Delta and probably Echo and Foxtrot and so on until we have heard immunity. We can wait a few years for that to happen naturally or we can all get a shot and watch this thing disappear within a few months. It’s not a fucking difficult concept to grasp. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Prozac said:

Jesus people. The Trump administration, for all of its faults, knew that the way to get back to something approaching “normal” was heard immunity, and that the fastest way to get there is through vaccination. Hence ‘Operation Warp Speed’ which, to give credit where credit is due, was an unqualified success. No, not “everyone” needs to get vaccinated. Seventy percent or so will do. When you have half of a population unvaccinated it leaves plenty of room for a virus to mutate. Hence Delta and probably Echo and Foxtrot and so on until we have heard immunity. We can wait a few years for that to happen naturally or we can all get a shot and watch this thing disappear within a few months. It’s not a fucking difficult concept to grasp. 

Amazing how many Trump supporters want to shit on what was probably his greatest achievement as a president.  Operation Warp Speed is a triumph of modern scientific research and biomedical engineering, funded and supported by Trump...and it's mostly Trump supporters who won't take it because "I don't trust Fauci" and "I don't trust Biden".

I wonder how many of those Trumpers would be vaccinated if Trump had been re-elected then tweeted non-stop about how awesome Warp Speed turned out to be and what a genius he was for finding the "cure to Covid".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I’m pro getting the Covid vax, but I’m still not convinced these shenanigans end just because we hit the targeted vaccine milestone. 

LA County is the reason why I believe that. LA County has 70% of residents with at least one dose and 62% fully vaccinated, one of the highest rates in the nation. Cases have risen though in the past few weeks and the county leadership immediately shit its pants and reinstated a mask mandate for both vax’d and unvax’d, even though the overwhelming majority of cases are among the unvaccinated. Also, when asked what they would do if cases kept rising, the county responded that all options were on the table, including lockdown again. 

So no, I’m not convinced that hitting a vaccine milestone will cause this bullshit to stop. There is always going to be another crisis for the nanny state to step in and try and manage, and we have certainly given lots of power to the nanny state in the last year and a half. I would honestly not even be shocked if places like LA County mandate masks during flu seasons in the future. 

• Upvote 2

I don't have the computer/math chops..but it would be interesting to run some numbers on what would happen if you could simulate a mass refusal of the Polio and Smallpox vaccines many years ago..but figure in the modern mass communication system...Since it appears that humans are suckers for just about anything that is presented with the skills of ?   well...THAT is yet another study...Oh to be young..the PhD's will be flyin....and I ain't lyin...