COVID-19 (Aka China Virus)

Orbit

If it turns out Chinese negligence is responsible for COVID-19, I’d love to see all the consequences listed above and then some levied against them. I doubt any of that is realistic though. Lots of Chinese trading partners with a lot to lose. IMO, the Chinese have already lost a lot of face and there is a significant backlash already going on regarding Chinese soft and hard power. I don’t think the Italians are nearly as keen on belt and road as they were two years ago. As unsatisfying as it is, that may be all the repercussion China faces. I suspect it’ll at least be a while until Chinese tourists are welcomed as warmly as they (and their money) were pre-pandemic. 

• Upvote 1

Interesting video - got me going down the rabbit hole a good bit.

Here are some interesting tidbits from one paper (published in May '20) in particular that really stood out to me. In short, when we first noticed SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) it was already highly adapted to humans. This pattern is divergent from that of our earlier experience with SARS-CoV, wherein that virus underwent rapid and dramatic evolutionary change in the early (~3 month) phase of that outbreak. This is important because in the early stages of an outbreak a novel disease has very high "evolutionary pressure" to adapt to a new host, which results in rapid genetic change.

"Our observations suggest that by the time SARS-CoV-2 was first detected in late 2019, it was already pre-adapted to human transmission to an extent similar to late epidemic SARS-CoV."

"There is no evidence of a more virulent strain of SARS-CoV-2 emerging despite passage through more than 3 million human hosts by the time of this analysis."

"In comparison to the SARS-CoV epidemic, the SARS-CoV-2 epidemic appears to be missing an early phase during which the virus would be expected to accumulate adaptive mutations for human transmission. However, if this were the origin story of SARS-CoV-2, there is a surprising absence of precursors or branches emerging from a less recent, less adapted common ancestor among humans and animals. In the case of SARS-CoV, the less human-adapted SARS-CoV progenated multiple branches of evolution in both humans and animals (Figure 1, Figure 5). In contrast, SARS-CoV-2 appeared without peer in late 2019, suggesting that there was a single introduction of the human-adapted form of the virus into the human population. This has important implications regarding the risk of SARS-CoV-2 re-emergence in the near future and the severity of its consequences."

Figure 1.

No other "progenitors" of SARS-CoV-2 have been found, nor have their been large populations of Chinese found in Wuhan that have antibodies against such a virus that would indicate a previously undetected outbreak that could represent the missing phase of the outbreak.

"To look for clues regarding intermediate hosts, we analyze recent key findings relating to how SARS-CoV-2 could have evolved and adapted for human transmission, and examine the environmental samples from the Wuhan Huanan seafood market. Importantly, the market samples are genetically identical to human SARS-CoV-2 isolates and were therefore most likely from human sources."

What probably happened? China collected samples of Bat CoV viruses in the wild back in 2012 and were conducting research on them to understand their danger to humans. This virus (or viruses) adapted to humanized mice during testing and somehow escaped into the wild. Blaming it on the wet market was a convenient cover for the CCP while they tried to control it and stop the spread.

Note, also, that the WIV deleted a database of genomic data that contained ~8 other genomes for CoVs. My money is on the notion that the genome for SARS-CoV-2 is in that database which is why it was taken down and is why it's not being shared.

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.01.073262v1.full.pdf

It's also totally possible that the early part of the outbreak was just missed, and that a new CoV just happened to coincidentally infect the major city where CoV research is conducted.

So now that the possibility of China releasing this thing upon the world, intentionally or unintentionally, can be discussed without the black helicopters of the NIH/CDC/WHO and MSM/social media giants descending and disappearing the transgressor, what does the US and/or the world do if it's found to be the case?

Is it a "ok, mistakes happen.  Try to do better?" 

Is it a world opinion suing CCP and in what venue?

Is it an act of war?

My hunch is the world, and the US, will pick the first option.  We suck up the dead, the losses to our economy and national psyche, and the rest.  After all, we did manage to pick up some more government control over a lot of things so that's probably worth it.

9 minutes ago, slc said:

Can local base medical "ask" you to send them a copy of your vax record (if received off base) for wing "tracking" purposes?  

Unknown about the specific ask, but they will use the card to update MyIMRS which already contains your vaccination record. 

Dod mandatory Vax in the next 1-3 months is rumint from the leadership.

Nellis says take your vax card with you because you will be asked for it.

And several places looking to make mask wearing for non vaccinated mandatory. Which is above and beyond dod secdef “should” policy.

• Upvote 1

Can local base medical "ask" you to send them a copy of your vax record (if received off base) for wing "tracking" purposes?  
Yes, just like they can ask you for documentation for any other off base medical care (which you are responsible for providing to them in the first place), and use medical info in aggregate to brief medical readiness of a unit. (Like number of people on profile/quarters, etc)
  • Upvote 1

Yes. That’s normal. Otherwise they have no proof and will show you as not having it in the system.

This line of questioning from you makes me think there are people out there going to try and say they have had it and get away with that. Highly caution against that. Then they will have you on two things. Not vax’ing and lying. Not saying that’s what you are doing. Just made me think.

So the mil can make a non-FDA approved vax mandatory? This’ll go smoothly…

Mil could always do that.

The issue was after the massive F’up with the force wide mandatory Anthrax Vax nobody wants to touch that.

Getting the force vaccinated has nothing to do with protecting us and everything to do with one less hoop to jump through with strategic level issues like “can we rapidly deploy troops through country X on the way to Country Y.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Yeah. The potential still exists however to have an anthrax or greater level event. Because a lot of people absolutely don’t want these vaxes. For whatever reason. So as an outcome the DOD is risking losing a lot of people, or kicking a bunch out, and having a lot of lawsuits. To a higher degree than when it happened with anthrax. So something that has a survival rate in the high 90’s for most people in our military.

Yeah. The potential still exists however to have an anthrax or greater level event. Because a lot of people absolutely don’t want these vaxes. For whatever reason. So as an outcome the DOD is risking losing a lot of people, or kicking a bunch out, and having a lot of lawsuits. To a higher degree than when it happened with anthrax. So something that has a survival rate in the high 90’s for most people in our military.

I want to believe that somehow somebody in a room is pointing out the possibility of a massive impact to manpower and personnel losses.

Like, “Col/Gen we forecast a loss of 6-9% from our Active duty component which will take 3-4 years to full recover due to increased workload on the remainder driving higher rates of ETS/UQR…”

But after watching them F away so many other personnel problems with the standard, “nobody wants to leave except quitters and they’ll all be homeless! Reenlist!” zeal, I don’t think anyone at that level actual anticipates this is a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Actually the risk for an anthrax event is near 0. Anthrax is nearly impossible to weaponize. In fact, the largest anthrax attack in the US, which only caused 5 casualties, took the expertise of the virologist who INVENTED the Anthrax vaccine for the DoD to actually contain it to a form that was harmful. Weaponized anthrax is one of the most obscure and overstated bio warfare arguments out there. 

By the way, the dude mentioned above, the one responsible for the 2001 mail attacks, did them because he was bitter that he didn't get enough credit for his work and was bitter the DoD didn't mandate the vaccine. After the attacks, sure enough, the DoD mandated anthrax vaccines. Good thing we let him win on that one. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Edwards_Ivins

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Guardian said:

Yes. That’s normal. Otherwise they have no proof and will show you as not having it in the system.

This line of questioning from you makes me think there are people out there going to try and say they have had it and get away with that. Highly caution against that. Then they will have you on two things. Not vax’ing and lying. Not saying that’s what you are doing. Just made me think.

Nah, I'm vaxed, just curious as to the legality of "asking" for the vax record.  

Certainly no one would lie about being vaccinated to, say, avoid wearing a mask, right?

• Haha 1

Just like all the people who left during anthrax vaccines?  Or all the people who left after DADT was repealed?

People talk a big game about getting out...but anyone who gets out over the Covid vaccine already had one foot out the door.  Not to mention, retention levels are at an all-time high and with the war in Afghanistan winding down, we'll probably be downsizing a bit anyway.  Anyone who leaves is one less person that will be forced out via RIF.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, pawnman said:

Just like all the people who left during anthrax vaccines?  Or all the people who left after DADT was repealed?

People talk a big game about getting out...but anyone who gets out over the Covid vaccine already had one foot out the door.  Not to mention, retention levels are at an all-time high and with the war in Afghanistan winding down, we'll probably be downsizing a bit anyway.  Anyone who leaves is one less person that will be forced out via RIF.

From a reputable 3 star retention has declined to pre COVID levels as of the last quarter. Not that this has any bearing but just an FYI for everyone. 

7 hours ago, Guardian said:

Oh well. You don’t think that doesn’t happen in the civilian world? Ask all the medical folks who lost their jobs due not getting the vaccination. Sue the Feds? Good luck, hope you have monetary means to do so.

Go ahead and leave. I think a lot of people have a humbling experience when they leave the military because their delusions of grandeur of their “worth” isn’t as high to potential employers as they thought. 

Edited by Sua Sponte
  • Upvote 1

I think it happens in the civilian world. Never said I was suing anyone. Just pointing to what’s ahead when dod forces an unproven and fails to meet the cdc/fda’s own rna/dna modification standards for approval. So let’s just rush it through as a vaccine only standard to meet.

Should be interesting to see what happens. Don’t disagree. The government always wins under a leftist regime. Not the people.

8 hours ago, FLEA said:

From a reputable 3 star retention has declined to pre COVID levels as of the last quarter. Not that this has any bearing but just an FYI for everyone. 

You don’t say... 😂😂

I’d much rather just make the damn vaccine mandatory instead of this passive aggressive shit I see a bunch of Commanders doing. Since it’s not mandatory, STFU!

I was recently asked why I didn’t want the vaccine and I produced several pages of my vaccine history from all those deployments and asked if they would want another shot for something with the pK of a fly swatter. One man’s opinion.

• Like 3

ridiculous. masks have been proven to not be effective. you've got 16 months of data that shows this.

they're only good for people to "think" the government is doing "SOMETHING" about the pandemic.

looking back in 5-10 years once reason returns will bear this out.