COVID-19 (Aka China Virus)

Orbit

It’s also prudent to consider how the average person is affected by COVID, an that is certainly not it. 

It’s a roll of the dice either way right?

The average person has no ill effects from the vaccine as well.

But how do you know you’re not gonna get the ventilator or the kidney failure? Same way you really don’t know if you’ll get blood clots from the jab.

So you research, use critical thinking, numbers and data. Which risk do you consider to be higher.

I personally think there will likely be long term health problems (lung, heart, neurological, circulatory issues) for those who have been hospitalized with COVID. We are already seeing “long haulers” and folks who survive and are strapped to an O2 tank. I think that the vaccine (as it should) shows your immune system what to expect so you can fight COVID without the potential of being overrun. A sneak preview if you will.

That’s how I ran my ORM sheet. YMMV.

This whole thread reminds me of a time where I was in Moron. We had a -135 and a spare -135 with engines running to meet up with a Coronet moving west. Thunderstorms were moving in, they were outside of 5 miles but all around the field.

The primary taxied out (new AC at the helm) checked the radar, didn’t feel comfortable, called in and said he was a Wx cnx.

The spare (a more seasoned crew) took a sweep with the radar, saw a hole, called and said I think we can go, we see a way to get it done. So they went.

Each crew called upon their knowledge, research of the situation, comfort level and made a decision.

Is there a wrong answer?

Maybe if the jet that went got struck by lightning then yeah. Maybe if it was an OIR mission with troops in contact and they cancelled with no GAR, sure.

Nobody questioned either crew and their decisions were exactly 180 out from each other.

So is there a wrong answer here? Maybe if you throw a blood clot or have some reaction to the jab. Maybe if you are belly up with 80% o2 or on dialysis for the rest of your days or you lose your Class 1 because you have brain fog. Maybe you get the shot and you’re fine. Maybe you get COVID and you’re fine and now you have better antibodies than the shot can provide.

To each their own I guess.
  • Upvote 2

Ah, yes, the argument from anecdote. 
I don't know anyone who's been killed in a car accident. That's why I don't wear my seatbelt. It's just a lie pushed by the NHTSA to control our lives.  Probably in bed with Big Fabric to make the seatbelts.  We actually have more traffic fatalities a year now than before seatbelts were mandatory.

Big Fabric is the devil.

3 hours ago, Standby said:

When you have medical institutions listing cause of death as COVID, when in fact it was the fall and subsequent slide off their motorcycle into a guardrail…ya, I will rely on personal experience over some sensationalized and manipulated data set. 

IMG_1103.thumb.jpeg.74cd6ac73091f968da93655b1523f84b.jpeg

• Haha 11

6 hours ago, TheNewGazmo said:

Stop reading the news and Google medical research articles and case studies.  These are written by people getting paid trying to better the world with their medical research vs getting paid to invoke some sort of reaction out of certain groups or support certain political parties.

Getting paid by whom?

2 hours ago, dogfish78 said:

https://www.upmc.com/media/news/072621-king-mejia-vaccine-hesitancy

“The largest decrease in hesitancy between January and May by education group was in those with a high school education or less. Hesitancy held constant in the most educated group (those with a Ph.D.); by May Ph.D.’s were the most hesitant group.

[Bold text added]

64290A7F-4DA5-4CED-8966-31EC94230666.jpeg

Another statistical story that is all like the rest…. “Let’s paint the picture we want to paint.”

Infers PhDs went up in hesitancy… which is wrong, everyone else went down. PhDs stayed mostly static… which is what you’d expect from those that aren’t swayed by media and did their research from the beginning. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BroncoEN said:

Another statistical story that is all like the rest…. “Let’s paint the picture we want to paint.”

Infers PhDs went up in hesitancy… which is wrong, everyone else went down. PhDs stayed mostly static… which is what you’d expect from those that aren’t swayed by media and did their research from the beginning. 

Yes, that’s exactly why I posted it. We are in agreement.

15 minutes ago, Tank said:

I couldn’t find anything to debunk this article.  Not sure if true or not but if it is true, we’ve got a fight on our hands!!

https://realrawnews.com/2021/08/marines-rebuke-def-sec-no-mandatory-vaccinations-for-my-marines/?fbclid=IwAR2ejYDzk7qfXg3sVXRp-L-BCVHbqknKLUERRcTGG_LURzoTvjhqkaQP-Yw

As a Marine I'd have an incredibly hard time believing the Commandant would say:

“Under no circumstances will Marines be compelled to take a potentially hazardous vaccination that the FDA won’t even fully endorse,” Gen. Berger told Austin. “You are a coward and a traitor, manipulated by people pushing bad policy on the men and women who provide security to our nation. Neither you nor your puppet president has authority to enforce such a policy.”

21 minutes ago, brabus said:

Not very plausible the USMC Commandant would say/write that publicly, even if he personally feels that way. But, it is possible. 

The way I read the article was that it wasn’t stated publicly but behind closed doors on the phone and it was overheard and re-told by a staff member.  
I don’t think the Commandant would ever say anything like that publicly either but I could believe it over the phone and in his office.  

45 minutes ago, Tank said:

I couldn’t find anything to debunk this article.  Not sure if true or not but if it is true, we’ve got a fight on our hands!!

https://realrawnews.com/2021/08/marines-rebuke-def-sec-no-mandatory-vaccinations-for-my-marines/?fbclid=IwAR2ejYDzk7qfXg3sVXRp-L-BCVHbqknKLUERRcTGG_LURzoTvjhqkaQP-Yw

Basic tool in assessing validity of a website: check what else is posted.

That site is full of obviously bogus BS.

• Upvote 2

That makes it even more impressive if true. Dude got the shot but willing to jump on his sword on behalf of the troops he leads.

Except it’s from a bullshit fake news site so there’s that.

The sad thing is that people will read that website and believe every word. It almost trapped Tank.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, VMFA187 said:

As a Marine I'd have an incredibly hard time believing the Commandant would say:

“Under no circumstances will Marines be compelled to take a potentially hazardous vaccination that the FDA won’t even fully endorse,” Gen. Berger told Austin. “You are a coward and a traitor, manipulated by people pushing bad policy on the men and women who provide security to our nation. Neither you nor your puppet president has authority to enforce such a policy.”

I read that in a Jack Nicholson voice

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, VMFA187 said:

I have to believe that if a general said that to SECDEF, the second half of this article would be about their replacement. 

• Upvote 1