COVID-19 (Aka China Virus)

Orbit

1 hour ago, GrndPndr said:

Outdoors?  WSJ article, sheds some light (maybe).

Should You Wear a Mask When Exercising Outdoors?

So the conclusion is “we don’t really know because there are too many variables” leaning heavily toward “the massive volume of air and flow in the outdoors is probably going to disperse it to a negligible level if you stay away from other people” with a side of “don’t run directly behind someone.”

11 hours ago, brabus said:

That is a nice, little invalid analogy I’ve seen going around. Cloth masks do not remotely stop spread as compared to jeans stopping piss.

Makes sense, to the point or not, perfect - nothing really is, but something is better than nothing. Our state is slowly coming alive as well as others so whatever it takes. Useful, not useful, doesn’t really matter right now - folks need to get back to work and be responsible if that’s what it takes, plenty slackers as always. We’ll see just how many return to work quickly vs having an unemployment check worth more than what they were previously earning despite bailouts. Are unemployment checks time limited...? Maybe if previous employment or better is proven to be available? Definitely too detailed to chase down, just another rabbit hole.

Overall, discussions on virus infection rates, fatality rates, masks/gloves effective or not are past productions of wisdom. Just do what the hero health workers (working, Hello) and actual essential personnel are mostly doing and get the work churn going. Definitely easier said then done, totally get that. Lazy out, reborn enthusiasm in. Time for Merica to get back working responsibility and effectively. If the “Safety is Paramount” slogan was believed in any line of work, no one would do it!

Edited by AirGuardianC141747

20 hours ago, SurelySerious said:

So the conclusion is “we don’t really know because there are too many variables” leaning heavily toward “the massive volume of air and flow in the outdoors is probably going to disperse it to a negligible level if you stay away from other people” with a side of “don’t run directly behind someone.”

My conclusion is that I will not worry at all when I am outdoors.

Please stop the madness (outdoor madness).

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, kaputt said:

Oshkosh airshow cancelled. Sucks. 

Was going to be flying in for the first time this year. 

Dang. Was tossing the idea of flying there myself. 

4 hours ago, jrizzell said:

Let's just hope this over course correction does not expand to military members. Can you imagine needing a flight waiver because you had COVID?

Yeah I think this falls into somebody sensationalizing the report when reality is “we don’t have a memo/frago for it.... yet.”

In 72 hours we had procedures for masks service wide though so somebody please stop worrying about refining that crap and do some real work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's just hope this over course correction does not expand to military members. Can you imagine needing a flight waiver because you had COVID?

While it isn’t a waiver the RTFS process for post-COVID is not good or easy.

25 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

Hate speech if you say “Chinese virus” in San Antonio. 

Wow.

So can we all agree the nation has gone full retard embracing tyranny?  Or are some of us still pretending the lockdowns and suspension of rights are “necessary?”

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just read a description describing the petty bureaucratic imps trying to increase the scope of their powers at the expense of the Constitution due to Kung flu:

The Karenwaffe.

I'm probably late to the party in knowing of this one, but I laughed out loud just now reading it.

• Haha 3

Texas, Florida and a few other states are a few weeks into “opening things up” and so far so good.  The sky isn’t falling and the death rate has peaked.  Far stretch from the doom and gloom we heard about from certain people.  If someone has a problem with it then they are welcome to stay at home. 

Michigan on the other hand? The ‘queen’ there is asking for a rebellion. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

On 5/23/2020 at 10:50 AM, dream big said:

Texas, Florida and a few other states are a few weeks into “opening things up” and so far so good.  The sky isn’t falling and the death rate has peaked.  Far stretch from the doom and gloom we heard about from certain people.  If someone has a problem with it then they are welcome to stay at home. 

Michigan on the other hand? The ‘queen’ there is asking for a rebellion. 

Me and my friends up here are just ignoring the bitch and enjoying our lives. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

On 5/23/2020 at 6:10 PM, kaputt said:

Great article.  Hopefully next time a great panic comes knocking we’ll delay tossing out freedoms at least until we have real data, not merely projections by self described experts.  Speaking of which, now that data has disproven the experts, can we cease calling them experts?

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

Great article.  Hopefully next time a great panic comes knocking we’ll delay tossing out freedoms at least until we have real data, not merely projections by self described experts.  Speaking of which, now that data has disproven the experts, can we cease calling them experts?

I respect you man but this type of thinking is so disappointing.

“Self-described experts?” People like Dr. Fauci are experts in their field, full stop. World-class expertise. Top 0.01% level expertise. Lots of other doctors and scientists and public health experts are working hard to try to beat this thing so we can stop people from dying and all get back to living our lives as normally as possible.

The problem is that science is hard and uncertain and this virus is novel and translating scientific data and observations into public policy is also hard and gets filtered through 50 different governors and the entire federal executive branch.

I’m totally fine blaming public policy leaders for failures (I certainly do right now!), but to let public policy failures lead you to throw out the entire concept of expertise is really unfortunate.

You are an expert in your line of work; would you want some random guy off the street to completely discredit and mistrust you if there was a mishap or CIVCAS incident? I think not. I mean, they will and they do, but it’s not the right stance to take.

The article The Death of Expertise is really relevant here, check it out if you can. The book with the same title was fine but the OP article is really all you need.

Edited by nsplayr
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4