COVID-19 (Aka China Virus)

Orbit

I think doctors should be able to refuse care for individuals who are injured by not wearing a seatbelt while driving, or are intoxicated and cause an accident. Hey they knew the risk, and chose to not “protect” themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Big sign at the front entrance for the people that didn’t use a condom.

*Unwanted pregnancies out back*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Pooter said:

Because you can't spread motorcycle accidents by not wearing a helmet. 

But that isn't even what we're talking about. I've repeatedly said I'm opposed to civilian mask and vaccine mandates.  I'm opposed to almost all government nanny state interventions. The question was about risk and what I will accept in my own life.  

I’m pretty sure that the more injured a motorcyclist becomes after an accident the more likely they are to require more hospital care if the initial impact is not fatal.  This means that the person requiring hospital care (that might be in short supply) is putting an undue strain on our medical system…unless this argument only goes towards the unvaccinated?  

If you’re going to use the argument that my actions wrt not wearing a mask/not getting a shot can affect the well being of others (ie taking up a hospital bed after getting covid) then the same argument can be used for not taking proper care when riding a motorcycle…or hell, even riding one at all considering how less safe they are compared to automobiles.

I appreciate that you’re not for mandates, but to your point, everything we do in life comes down to risk vs rewards, and you can make the argument that many of our decisions can have a negative impact on someone else.  So where’s the line? 

Just think, if all those who want others to get a shot/wear a mask (and insult those who don’t)…if those same original people felt that strongly about people having unprotected sex.  The odds of you contracting a disease or having an unwanted pregnancy would be near zero.  I mean, is it too much to ask others to utilize a condom during intercourse? 

Good talk.

Probably somewhere between onesie twosie motorcycle accidents and an entire segment of the population (~30-40%) refusing basic covid mitigation measures.

Considering the number of air medevac flights that respond to motorcycle accidents per capita of motor vehicle accidents in general, I’d say your point is F’ing ridiculous.

Every highway motorcycle accident I can recall responding too involved calling out life flight.

That’s a pretty significant commitment of a very Low density high demanded cost intensive resource for the medical system to simply absorb without issue.

Seems the safest thing to do to protect that critical capability for the collective rest of us is simply ban the damn things…..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, Pooter said:

Probably somewhere between onesie twosie motorcycle accidents and an entire segment of the population (~30-40%) refusing basic covid mitigation measures.

Fair enough…so you pick and choose what’s acceptable when it comes to others and their personal risk decisions when those decisions could result in people requiring hospitalization or death, when those decisions effect other people directly or indirectly, drive up medical costs, etc.

Just think…if no one did drugs or had unprotected sex (if not attempting to procreate), we could probably come close to eradicating all STDs, especially HIV, not to mention all the welfare costs associated with those unwanted children, or the medical costs associated with abortions.  I also wonder how much medical resources could be redirected after HIV is no longer a problem.

Condoms…people who don’t wear one (or have consensual sex with a partner not wearing one) are so selfish.

• Upvote 1

the risk factors of covid are highly correlated to age group and co-morbitities.

if you are young and healthy your risk is statistically proven to be VERY low. let people accept that and move on with their lives.

if you're a high risk demographic...get the vax, and stay home. easy.

none of the "mitigation" factors have done anything to "stop the spread". that has been proven. Good intentions (maybe), but now the gig is up.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

9 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

none of the "mitigation" factors have done anything to "stop the spread". that has been proven. Good intentions (maybe), but now the gig is up.

This is the relevant point. There were only a few select justifications for mandates (masks, school closures, vaccination, boosting).

1. Stop the spread. That's dead. None of the mandated actions *meaningfully* stop the spread. Alpha didn't look like it was responding, Delta killed that idea for sure, and omicron is just making a mockery of it. The vaccine turned out to be the fever-dream of libertarians. Instead of working like the measles vax, which absolutely stops the spread of measles, this vaccine only protects the individual who takes it. Fascinating. Sure, we didn't know that a year ago, but we know it for sure now yet some at the highest levels of government are still clinging to mandates. And if you think these people are up there begging to save the lives of their political opposition, you have a much more optimistic view of politics than I do. This is a case study in our ability to cling to a decision as humans despite changes around us.

2. Don't overwhelm the hospitals. This one was fascinating, because the average person had no idea how overwhelmed most hospitals are on any normal day. Do you really think nurses started using cocaine to get through the day because of the coronavirus? They are businesses, and like any other well-run business, operating near capacity is usually the most profitable path. But this was also confused with "don't burden the hospitals." There's a big difference between overwhelming and burdening. As the last few posts point out, we allow all manner of personal decision making that burdens hospitals. It's just another cost of freedom that is grossly outweighed by the cost of authoritarianism. You think the hospitals are filled now... Go check out the authoritative states.

3. Save the children. This one has been disgusting from the start. Perhaps the best thing about this pandemic is that it doesn't affect children. There's not a single factual analysis that implies children are at risk from this disease. Yet the teachers unions in the most radicalized cities in America have used it as a cudgel, and politicians have jumped on board. Granted, I don't expect the average American to understand the immensity of facial expressions on childhood development, but I do expect experts in the field of childhood development to be honest about it, and they haven't been. 

The most profound effect of the pandemic is not going to be a few more old people dying a few years earlier (and yes, compared to the rates of death that have been posted here numerous times, this pandemic did not change the game for old people. They died of a lot of things, now there's one more on the list. As those most susceptible to the coronavirus pass, the rates will return to where they were. It sucks. But it wasn't the only factor and we treated it that way).

Rather the biggest effect will be the millions of children, overwhelmingly those from low-income and single-parent households, who missed out on two years of desperately needed, in person education. Most of the people here have their shit together, and therefore their kids have their shit together. They have no idea the abject misery that children live in, in places like inner city chicago, new york, memphis, St louis, baltimore, Los angeles, or any number of liberal-run catastrophes across the country. 

They had jobs that let them stay at home and watch their kids, many of whom already had a firm basis in academics and could handle the transition to Zoom for a couple years. That's not the case for the kids whose parents didn't make it through a year of high school themselves, and spend their days either judiciously working at shitty jobs to pay for food for their kids, or wasting their lives away in a self-indulgent drug fantasy world, where the effect on their children is the same. Unmonitored, uneducated, and mostly just alone. For a lot of those kids, the teacher was the only person who interacted with them in a meaningful way on a daily basis.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 2

https://www.govexec.com/workforce/2022/01/govexec-daily-vaccine-mandates-after-supreme-court-osha-decision/360986/

federal court in Texas has issued an injunction against President Biden’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate for the federal workforce, pausing implementation of a requirement for more than 2 million civilian servants. 

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/21183444-judge-jeffrey-brown-injunction-against-fed-employee-vaccine-mandate

Edited by Sim
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

This is the relevant point. There were only a few select justifications for mandates (masks, school closures, vaccination, boosting).

1. Stop the spread. That's dead. None of the mandated actions *meaningfully* stop the spread. Alpha didn't look like it was responding, Delta killed that idea for sure, and omicron is just making a mockery of it. The vaccine turned out to be the fever-dream of libertarians. Instead of working like the measles vax, which absolutely stops the spread of measles, this vaccine only protects the individual who takes it. Fascinating. Sure, we didn't know that a year ago, but we know it for sure now yet some at the highest levels of government are still clinging to mandates. And if you think these people are up there begging to save the lives of their political opposition, you have a much more optimistic view of politics than I do. This is a case study in our ability to cling to a decision as humans despite changes around us.

2. Don't overwhelm the hospitals. This one was fascinating, because the average person had no idea how overwhelmed most hospitals are on any normal day. Do you really think nurses started using cocaine to get through the day because of the coronavirus? They are businesses, and like any other well-run business, operating near capacity is usually the most profitable path. But this was also confused with "don't burden the hospitals." There's a big difference between overwhelming and burdening. As the last few posts point out, we allow all manner of personal decision making that burdens hospitals. It's just another cost of freedom that is grossly outweighed by the cost of authoritarianism. You think the hospitals are filled now... Go check out the authoritative states.

3. Save the children. This one has been disgusting from the start. Perhaps the best thing about this pandemic is that it doesn't affect children. There's not a single factual analysis that implies children are at risk from this disease. Yet the teachers unions in the most radicalized cities in America have used it as a cudgel, and politicians have jumped on board. Granted, I don't expect the average American to understand the immensity of facial expressions on childhood development, but I do expect experts in the field of childhood development to be honest about it, and they haven't been. 

The most profound effect of the pandemic is not going to be a few more old people dying a few years earlier (and yes, compared to the rates of death that have been posted here numerous times, this pandemic did not change the game for old people. They died of a lot of things, now there's one more on the list. As those most susceptible to the coronavirus pass, the rates will return to where they were. It sucks. But it wasn't the only factor and we treated it that way).

Rather the biggest effect will be the millions of children, overwhelmingly those from low-income and single-parent households, who missed out on two years of desperately needed, in person education. Most of the people here have their shit together, and therefore their kids have their shit together. They have no idea the abject misery that children live in, in places like inner city chicago, new york, memphis, St louis, baltimore, Los angeles, or any number of liberal-run catastrophes across the country. 

They had jobs that let them stay at home and watch their kids, many of whom already had a firm basis in academics and could handle the transition to Zoom for a couple years. That's not the case for the kids whose parents didn't make it through a year of high school themselves, and spend their days either judiciously working at shitty jobs to pay for food for their kids, or wasting their lives away in a self-indulgent drug fantasy world, where the effect on their children is the same. Unmonitored, uneducated, and mostly just alone. For a lot of those kids, the teacher was the only person who interacted with them in a meaningful way on a daily basis.

You know this raises a good point I haven't thought of. In all of these states where governors are sending in the National Guard to augment hospitals.... are those patients still being billed? The insurance? Etc... Hopefully the hospitals  are required to cap profits if they are receiving said augmentation.....

On 1/21/2022 at 10:25 AM, Lord Ratner said:

Remember, hospitals were "overwhelmed" in 2018 during the flu endemic.  So much so, they were treating people in tents in certain cities.  Very few knew about it and the ones that did didn't care.  There were no flu shot or mask mandates.  Why not?  Hospitals don't mind being overwhelmed when they are overwhelmed by people with illnesses that are more profitable - cancers, diabetes, cardiovascular and obesity related illnesses all make Big Pharma BILLIONS upon BILLIONS of dollars per year.  For hospitals, elective surgeries are what make them lots of money and they've lost 10's of billions of dollars delaying these surgeries due to COVID.

• Upvote 1

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2022/01/24/very-concerning-attorney-testifies-to-compiled-adverse-vaccine-reaction-statistics-provided-by-whistleblowers/

Mr. Renz outlined data of adverse reaction to the vaccinations including a rate of miscarriages that increased 300% over the five-year average, a rate of increased cancer over 300%, and an increase in neurological issues over 1,000 percent (from 82,000 yearly average to now 863,000 in one year with the vaccines)

https://rumble.com/embed/vqlh63/?pub=264yz

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, Sim said:

I'd be really interested to see literally any amplifying data on these claims.  

Also I have a few tiny questions before we just take "the conservative treehouse" (very reputable news organization I'm sure) at face value.

-What was the sample size

-What were the sample demographics

-Which vaccine are we talking about

-What constitutes a "neurological issue" and if the military is approximately 2 million people are we saying almost half of them now have a neurological issue?

-What is the base rate of increase in these categories for unvaccinated people

• Upvote 2

A few more:

If there's a conspiracy to cover up adverse effects why was J&J temporarily pulled out of an abundance of caution for blood clotting issues?

Are other countries seeing ten-fold increases in "neurological issues?" or 300% increases in cancer?

What kind of cancer?

These are some pretty basic questions I would expect anyone attempting to do their due diligence to ask. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, not a 2.5 minute video utterly devoid of context or supporting data. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Pooter said:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

“The experimental vaccines are safe and effective” is an extraordinary claim that you accepted at face value.   It’s so insane that your default is to believe big pharma.  We’ll see how well that ages.  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

“The experimental vaccines are safe and effective” is an extraordinary claim that you accepted at face value.   It’s so insane that your default is to believe big pharma.  We’ll see how well that ages.  

Well come on now.  Who wouldn't want to believe Big Pharma?

• Like 2

Well come on now.  Who wouldn't want to believe Big Pharma?

I think they’ve got a good track record of being open and honest about the side effects of a drug which they’ve made billions off. I mean OxyContin “non-addictive” release was along time ago in 1996, I’m sure Big Pharma has changed since then…
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

I don't accept that claim at face value. I do accept the controlled trials with tens of thousands of participants, the robust adverse effects reporting system, the CDC, the international community who aren't beholden to American pharma companies, and the billions of doses administered in the last year which all point to the vaccine being safe and effective. 

But maybe the 120 second video of rando lawyer claiming stats that don't even make sense while showing precisely zero causality is more legit. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jrizzell said:

I think they’ve got a good track record of being open and honest about the side effects of a drug which they’ve made billions off. I mean OxyContin “non-addictive” release was along time ago in 1996, I’m sure Big Pharma has changed since then…

Again, happy to check out literally any amplifying data on these supposed 800,000 neurological problems.  Until then I'll probably default to the stats VAERS, the CDC, and the worldwide medical community are reporting. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Again, happy to check out literally any amplifying data on these supposed 800,000 neurological problems.  Until then I'll probably default to the stats VAERS, the CDC, and the worldwide medical community are reporting. 

I’m not arguing any of those issues. I’m pointing out that we have mNRA “vaccines” that are not even a year into usage, and has morphed from a two shot series, into three, or four required. All the while, the Pharma companies, have legal immunity over injuries related to the administration or use of their products to treat or protect against Covid, until 2024. We have ZERO data on the long term affects of these treatments. You might trust Pfizer and Moderna, I don’t.

1 hour ago, jrizzell said:

I’m not arguing any of those issues. I’m pointing out that we have mNRA “vaccines” that are not even a year into usage, and has morphed from a two shot series, into three, or four required. All the while, the Pharma companies, have legal immunity over injuries related to the administration or use of their products to treat or protect against Covid, until 2024. We have ZERO data on the long term affects of these treatments. You might trust Pfizer and Moderna, I don’t.

You're right to have a healthy level of distrust because the pharma companies definitely abused it in the past. But despite legal protections from the EUA, it's still in their financial interest to make a safe vaccine that works. I might not trust them but I trust the financial incentive.

There are multiple vaccine options on the market and if one is significantly less effective or safe than the others, word will get out and people will opt for a different shot or none at all. 

This government-pharma conspiracy to brush adverse effects under the rug simply isn't materializing in the real world. J&J literally had that problem, and it was pulled from the market (some even argued prematurely) while they investigated the blood clot issue. 

4 hours ago, Pooter said:

I don't accept that claim at face value. I do accept the controlled trials with tens of thousands of participants, the robust adverse effects reporting system, the CDC, the international community who aren't beholden to American pharma companies, and the billions of doses administered in the last year which all point to the vaccine being safe and effective. 

1. Have you actually seen the results of those trials or are we still waiting 75 years for the data to be released?

2. VAERS makes you more confident?  Just because I’m dumb and I need help from young people with the Internet, could you please reassure me about the safety of these vaccines by comparing the number of C19 adverse reaction reports to vaccines of the past? I’m sure the numbers are extremely low and this vaccine tests favorably so if you could help me out with that I’d really appreciate it.

3. You trust the CDC, I assume because their guidance has been so consistent throughout this pandemic.except….

4. The CDC is recommending masks but the UK (what I believe is part of your vaunted international community) just abolished mask mandates. The entities you report as trustworthy are in conflict with each other, which means you hold conflicting ideas simultaneously.  “Double think” is the official parlance for the phenomenon you are experiencing.  By the way Africa doesn’t give a fuck about the vaccine and seems to be doing about as well as anyone.  

5. of note on those billions of “safe and effective” doses: in less than a year the definition of “effective” changed from preventing acquisition of Covid to maybe, hopefully lessening the symptoms of Covid (although even that claim is an article of faith) and doing nothing to stop the spread.  Whatever your current definition of “safe,” be prepared for that to change.

look I get it man, you are a believer. More power to you for being honest about your total indoctrination. However, the official narrative is crumbling whether you see it or not, so I wrote the above for those other people who might be lurkers wondering if the anecdotes they’ve seen are isolated incidents.  To them I would say, believe your own experiences. This lie is falling apart, don’t give into the pressure of calling false things real and real things false.  

We all went along with the “experts” 1-2 years ago partly because we had to and partly because our default setting was trust the experts.  But suddenly gathering in crowds was OK as long as you were protesting for BLM but not OK to attend church.  Then the lab leak conspiracy grew into the most likely origin, and the people who seemed surprised by Covid and certain the origins were natural turned out to have illegally funded experimentation in a communist Chinese military hospital.  Then you got the vaccine, and got Covid afterwards like I did and wondered what the hell?  Then you saw healthy young people getting heart attacks and thought that seems weird but you were assured it had nothing to do with anything and is totally anomalous. Then we took our masks off for a few months then we put them back on and it made zero difference in terms of the trajectory of the virus.  Now they are telling you to get a booster or a second booster and plan to get boosters forever and plan to wear masks forever and you probably don’t like this world of vaccine passports and stewardesses shouting at you and do not see how the actions we have taken have made things better but everything is quantifiably worse.  When you speak up or mention it people shout you down, call you a Trumper or a science denier and you feel like something about this entire thing just isn’t right.  If this is you, don’t worry bro, the tide is turning.

Edited by tac airlifter
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1