Airshows and COVID-19

HuggyU2

46 minutes ago, herkbum said:

At Altus for KC-135 transition. We just got restricted to drive-thrus or carry out/pick up. Inside restaurants is off limits otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

A number of states have or are about to implement the no-dine in rule for restaurants in general.

33 minutes ago, Desk Jobs Suck said:

My office has a confirmed case of someone who was in the office last week. They still expect us to come in and work business as usual, just because that person is now self quarantined. Ridiculous. 

User name checks out

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Spoo said:

Beale is HPCON B+.

As a part-time contractor, I didn’t get the word from my company.  

I showed up and the base was a ghost town. 

I honestly cannot believe that the Bar Officers were not considered “essential personnel”  and were not there making hot corn. WTF!? 

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Probably belongs in the “what is wrong with the AF” thread; but our base is one of the only AMC bases still flying.  We sit there and get lectured about social distancing and then in the same meeting ask to put out a plan for 24 hour ops, build 20 crews for AMC to task, and continue with non mission essential training. 

2 minutes ago, dream big said:

Probably belongs in the “what is wrong with the AF” thread; but our base is one of the only AMC bases still flying.  We sit there and get lectured about social distancing and then in the same meeting ask to put out a plan for 24 hour ops, build 20 crews for AMC to task, and continue with non mission essential training. 

Not AMC, but Dyess is "normal ops" except for restricting people's leave.

1 hour ago, dream big said:

I can see AMC having a huge readiness requirement in all of this though depending how it plays out. That said, you probably don't need crews carrying the normal training volume. But the military probably needs to continue to sustain the rapid logistics capability if this devolves into a humanitarian crises. 

Well UPT is still chugging along with the only real changes of reduced out and backs and self quarantine if you exhibit the symptoms.

And I don’t think you’re the only ones still flying, my previous ops sq is min-manned in the office, but still flying locals/sims/worldwide missions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, herkbum said:

At Altus for KC-135 transition. We just got restricted to drive-thrus or carry out/pick up. Inside restaurants is off limits otherwise.

How unfortunate.  You'll be missing out on so many extraordinary dining experiences!

Eating Pick-Up Taco in my car while sobbing is how I got through the first 6 months after my PCS to that locale.  

• Haha 2

Listen up. I was the OP on this thread. 

I don’t care about your office. 
I don’t care about your fast-food cravings and how they are affected. 
I don’t even give two shits about UPT since they won’t let me go through the course again, nor let me teach there 

This thread isn’t about things like “terrorism” and “pilot retention” and “military readiness”. 
This thread is about something WAY more important.
This thread is about Airshows.

And bringing the dream of aviation to the masses... especially the young. And keeping America in the forefront of aerospace because of Airshows. And of course, great airshow parties... but I digress. 

So write your Congressman and Senator and DEMAND that... when this crisis is over... they REQUIRE ALL WING COMMANDERS to support the 2021 airshow season. 

Stop threadjacking my thread. 
Stop picking your nose. 
Wash your hands (Hacker!!)

And for crying out loud, learn to use the rudder in the T-38, you pussies!  WTF?!?!

That is all. 

p.s. get off my lawn, Ram. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 4

On 3/17/2020 at 8:01 AM, dream big said:

I was actually referring to the AMC wing at Dyess 

Well, you're not alone.  We went to "telework" yesterday...but no cuts to the flying schedule at all.  So show up to mission plan and fly, but otherwise work from home.

I'm flying today.  I'm not confident I'm going to have a crew bus, because I'm not sure LRS got the memo that they can't telework their bus drivers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1