Differences in hiring an active duty officer for the UPT board between ANG and AFRES

I am looking for a comparison between the ANG hiring process vs the Air Force reserve UPT hiring process for active duty. Hopefully this will help others who are going to apply from active duty, as I know ADSC and PCS cycles can be really important in this process. Specifically:

1. Are you looking for me to immediately to leave active duty once you hire me, or would I stay on active duty until my UPT dates?

2. I understand the paperwork process is different in the ANG and AF reserves. Is it easier to transition from active duty to the reserves than to the guard, vice versa, or pretty much the same?

3. How much leeway is there in getting hired and officially separating from active duty? (i.e. if I get hired when I have 6 months left on my ADSC, and I get UPT dates for 9 months is it possible just to palace front at that 6 month time frame or would you want a transition as quick as possible?) This is of course assuming all the other boxes have been checked.

Thanks for all the help! This forum has been clutch during this process. 

Edited by Av8