Finally done in Afghanistan?

FourFans

Don't want to derail the threat but I felt it's important to remind everyone it's been one month now since we've left and there are still American citizens stranded in Kabul while Taliban go door to door murdering people. I can't understand how that's not getting more press. 

There are also thousands of green card holders and tens of thousands of Terps and SIV qualified vulnerable Afghans. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, FLEA said:

Don't want to derail the threat but I felt it's important to remind everyone it's been one month now since we've left and there are still American citizens stranded in Kabul while Taliban go door to door murdering people. I can't understand how that's not getting more press. 

There are also thousands of green card holders and tens of thousands of Terps and SIV qualified vulnerable Afghans. 

Shhh be quiet. Talking about that information doesn't help The Party™️. Those stranded will be dealt with soon enough. Get out and vote (and help register illegals to vote too!) in 2022.

@DirkDiggler <<<This one STILL thinks because the courts say something means what they say is legal 🤣

57 minutes ago, Blue said:

Lt. Col. Scheller is doing nothing but speaking the truth.  And it seems that military leadership is scared of him, because he's the most serious threat: An intelligent, motivated individual with nothing to lose.

Imagine how scared they are because millions of U.S. citizens have those same qualities as Scheller does right now.

guy who started paying attention.jpg

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Dang.  Reminds me of the Mark Twain quote: "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."

Lt. Col. Scheller is doing nothing but speaking the truth.  And it seems that military leadership is scared of him, because he's the most serious threat: An intelligent, motivated individual with nothing to lose.

Also, at the risk of a tangent, I guess Mattis is gay.  Not surprising, that makes a hell of a lot more sense than all the "Warrior Monk" nonsense.  

"Speaking the truth"...like when he actively calls for a new revolutionary war in America?  

I was kinda with him in the first video, but his subsequent releases have really gone off the deep end.  And clearly his decision-making is impaired if he's incapable of seeing that he's doing more harm than good to his cause.

39 minutes ago, FLEA said:

Well trying to highlight antivaxxers and anti-maskers is a much juicier story ya know....

9 minutes ago, dogfish78 said:

What's everyone's unit's rates of those not subjecting themselves to the covid injections? My unit's at around 78% who are not taking it.

Last I checked, my ANG unit was about 47% unvaccinated at the moment, but leadership has a "plan" to "edumacate" people during Oct/Nov UTA's and then start processing separations in December.

51 minutes ago, FLEA said:

Honest question: Is there any kind of open-source intel on what the Taliban has planned for the next weeks/months?  I know the Taliban aren't likely to just drop everything and rule in peace.  At the same time, are they going to set off on some kind of Khmer Rouge-style genocide, where everyone associated with the West is on a hit-list?

I'd assume the reality is somewhere in between the two.  I know some want to paint the Taliban as a bunch of Neanderthal goat-fuckers, which maybe they are.  But they are a bunch of Neanderthal goat-fuckers who have to run a country, including Kabul, a city of 4+ million people.  They may have all kinds of plans related to theology and women's rights.  But they also have to keep the lights on.  They've already reopened Kabul airport with the help of the Qataris.  And I'd have to think they'd rather ransom an American first before they hang their body in the street. 

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Honest question: Is there any kind of open-source intel on what the Taliban has planned for the next weeks/months?  I know the Taliban aren't likely to just drop everything and rule in peace.  At the same time, are they going to set off on some kind of Khmer Rouge-style genocide, where everyone associated with the West is on a hit-list?

I'd assume the reality is somewhere in between the two.  I know some want to paint the Taliban as a bunch of Neanderthal goat-ers, which maybe they are.  But they are a bunch of Neanderthal goat-ers who have to run a country, including Kabul, a city of 4+ million people.  They may have all kinds of plans related to theology and women's rights.  But they also have to keep the lights on.  They've already reopened Kabul airport with the help of the Qataris.  And I'd have to think they'd rather ransom an American first before they hang their body in the street. 

Yeah, they're going to do that by keeping the right people around working for them as slaves.  The Taliban themselves are not going to do any sort of physical labor or do anything that requires something more than a 2nd grade education.

1 hour ago, TheNewGazmo said:

Well trying to highlight antivaxxers and anti-maskers is a much juicier story ya know....

Last I checked, my ANG unit was about 47% unvaccinated at the moment, but leadership has a "plan" to "edumacate" people during Oct/Nov UTA's and then start processing separations in December.

47% is still a profound percentage of non-compliance. How would your unit even function with 47%, darn say 40%, less people come December? 

13 minutes ago, dogfish78 said:

47% is still a profound percentage of non-compliance. How would your unit even function with 47%, darn say 40%, less people come December? 

They wouldn't.  Ironically, Ops (aircrew) has higher percentages of vaccinated people.  I would venture to guess somewhere north of 75%.

5 hours ago, raimius said:

Ordering someone to cease all social media and group communication sounds exceedingly broad and potentially illegal.

I don't  think you can order someone not to post college football scores on Facebook from their home.

Standard ops for OSI/CID/NCIS is to put a gag/no contact order on the accused. Can't have anything hampering a conviction.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

Is that your certified legal analysis?

I only had one college course on the law, but do seem to remember that all legal orders need to have a valid military purpose.  A gag order relating to X, Y, and Z topics under review/investigation would make sense.  A TOTAL gag order would have some pretty serious 1st Amendment issues.

It is entirely possible that both the LtCol and his command are making poor (and possibly illegal) decisions.

11 hours ago, Blue said:

I'd assume the reality is somewhere in between the two.  I know some want to paint the Taliban as a bunch of Neanderthal goat-fuckers, which maybe they are.  But they are a bunch of Neanderthal goat-fuckers who have to run a country, including Kabul, a city of 4+ million people.  They may have all kinds of plans related to theology and women's rights.  But they also have to keep the lights on.  They've already reopened Kabul airport with the help of the Qataris.  And I'd have to think they'd rather ransom an American first before they hang their body in the street. 

This is the BEST open source Intel product on Afghanistan right now and I applaud the work this guy is doing:

https://afghanwarnews.info/taliban-victory-2021/kabul-neo.htm

I've seen a lot of info come across that there is some major infighting inside the Taliban and Haqqani Network right now. One of the things I specifically remember in studying regime change for my masters was the turbulence when a new regime is instilled. The people that led the revolution are rarely the people that actually take control of the country and new leadership is filtered by the party to the top. Generally they will use 1-2 charismatic leaders for their military leadership but have zero desire to instill them as political heads of state. 

I believe there actually is a moderate sect of the Taliban that seeks international recognition but they are actively being suppressed by the more radical elements. I predict 2 outcomes. 

1.) The moderate elements attain control. The TB realize they are incapable of actually holding Afghanistan as a state and governing on their own. They appeal to their moderate side to broker international treaties with Arab states and Asia to help arm, secure and govern for them. 

2.) The radicals win, they attain power and lock the country down temporarily. However they are completely incapable of militantly holding the country and governing. The country collapses into factional civil war and things get a whole lot worse before they get better. 

Edited by FLEA
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Pooter said:

Lengthy, over-dramatic Facebook rants about bringing the "whole system down"

..telltale sign of a very mentally stable and well-adjusted person

I can't imagine why they wouldn't want him in command. 

17 hours ago, raimius said:

I only had one college course on the law, but do seem to remember that all legal orders need to have a valid military purpose.  A gag order relating to X, Y, and Z topics under review/investigation would make sense.  A TOTAL gag order would have some pretty serious 1st Amendment issues.

It is entirely possible that both the LtCol and his command are making poor (and possibly illegal) decisions.

You don’t think that his command didn’t vetted all their written orders, confinement order, through JAGs before enacting them?

33 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

You don’t think that his command didn’t vetted all their written orders, confinement order, through JAGs before enacting them?

You would certainly think so. Of course we don't know the political pressure from above, JAG opinion be damned. This may be to keep him confined to shut him up in the short term and as a delaying tactic while the case works its way through the system which will take awhile. Even if they find out later it was an illegal order/confinement it's not likely much will happen to those behind it. Of course the whole "prejudicial to good order and discipline" statement is a WIDE open catch all under the UCMJ when leadership wants to hammer someone.

1 hour ago, Sua Sponte said:

Probably...but I've also seen JA argue cases where their own sequence of events didn't make sense.  I also kind of doubt all JAs think about how SCOTUS would review each and every case.

2 hours ago, raimius said:

Probably...but I've also seen JA argue cases where their own sequence of events didn't make sense.  I also kind of doubt all JAs think about how SCOTUS would review each and every case.

The SCOTUS rarely likes to take a military case due to them knowing their holding may affect/change the UCMJ, part of the Executive Branch. It’s a delicate dance. There’s two appellate courts for military in between an appellate and the SCOTUS.

• Upvote 2

On 9/29/2021 at 5:09 PM, Sua Sponte said:

The SCOTUS rarely likes to take a military case due to them knowing their holding may affect/change the UCMJ, part of the Executive Branch. It’s a delicate dance. There’s two appellate courts for military in between an appellate and the SCOTUS.

SCOTUS should do their job and act as a check and balance of the other branches of government (to include the 4th branch; if you know, you know).

Edited by dogfish78

• 2 weeks later...