Finally done in Afghanistan?

FourFans

2 hours ago, ViperMan said:

Yep. We need to very narrowly define victory and then effing stick to it. Cheaper, and more effective militarily and strategically. Since when has the US military been an armed version of habitat for humanity???

Anytime we engaged in United Nations debauchery so habitat for humanity has been going for along time under the guise of nation building as well. Smoke and mirrors everywhere… just me.

Sounds like the Tucanos were rendered inoperable on the way out.

Other tweets from this account indicate that other aircraft in Kabul were destroyed by us as we left. There are mentions of some still operational, and pilots being available to fly them from Kabul to Khandahar. A few videos of a rebuilt Blackhawk flying over Khandahar celebrated as the Islamic Emirate Air Force .

There are also some interesting comments regarding China.

Also: Chinooks https://twitter.com/ejwi9ws9/status/1432478761468022784?s=20

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 7.51.00 AM.png

Edited by torqued

11 hours ago, DirkDiggler said:

For anyone looking for solid books on our Afghanistan experience, I'd recommend the following:

Directorate S by Steve Coll

Steve Coll is a fantastic author! He wrote another great book called Ghost Wars; about the CIA's involvement in the covert wars in Afghanistan that fueled Islamic militancy and gave rise to bin Laden's al Qaeda.

I'll definitely check out Directorate S.

• Upvote 1

On 8/29/2021 at 8:54 PM, JBueno said:

Shack.

Very likely that “Scheller rambling in the abandoned bus” becomes synonymous with Washington crossing the Delaware.

Again, you pus*ies attack the man instead of his message. Put up an argument instead of displaying weak behavior. What you said is exactly the type of comment the Crown loyalists would’ve said in 1770 unknowing that a few years later they’d have a musketball flying through their skull.

56 minutes ago, Lockjaw said:

I believe the "Chinooks" are the DOS Air Wing CH-46s.

Word was they were "rendered inoperable" prior to being abandoned.

I would sure like to render more Sh!t inoperable preferably with Haqqani and his Badri 313 clowns close by. If anybody thinks these savages aren't going house to house killing people they're not seeing reality. We as a country need to make a statement. I would imagine regular Afghans are trying to avoid close proximity to the Taliban for obvious reasons. We have plenty of golfers in the military that already know how to aim for the little white flag

Edited by fire4effect
  • Upvote 1

Looks like every airshow I've ever worked.  Are you sure this wasn't taken at Oshkosh?   I bet the guy in the right seat started crying when mom said he had to get up so the next group of nice people could sit in the pilot's seat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/29/2021 at 7:07 PM, Waingro said:

For 19+ years the Taliban have claimed civilian casualties for virtually every strike. Interesting to see that their propaganda arm now has Americans doing it for them. 

Eagerly awaiting the real life Grand Theft Auto videos that will undoubtedly ensue as these guys try to teach themselves to operate all their new toys. 

33 minutes ago, Prozac said:

Eagerly awaiting the real life Grand Theft Auto videos that will undoubtedly ensue as these guys try to teach themselves to operate all their new toys. 

They aren't going to teach themselves. They will ask another country to come in an assist them. We are not the only country with a capability like the 6 SOS. 

1 minute ago, FLEA said:

They aren't going to teach themselves. They will ask another country to come in an assist them. We are not the only country with a capability like the 6 SOS. 

Yeah, almost every third world country with an Air Force has herks, they are one of the cheapest yet versatile airplanes on the planet.  I know for a fact Pakistan has them and would train them; they aren’t very good though .  They were not allowed to Airdrop at Mobility Guardian after they dropped off the range (not just the DZ) the first day. 

6 hours ago, fire4effect said:

I would sure like to render more Sh!t inoperable preferably with Haqqani and his Badri 313 clowns close by.

No argument there dude! Hell, I think there should have been a target list and resupply drops to the Afghans still fighting the minute the last C-17 went wheels up.

But that would also probably screw our "couple hundred" of AMCITs and "thousands" of green card holders that we left. Along with the SIV holders/applicants

One of whom...happens to have launched with a QRF to secure Biden after an Army 60 PLd in 08.

Awwwwkwaardddd

1 hour ago, Lockjaw said:

No argument there dude! Hell, I think there should have been a target list and resupply drops to the Afghans still fighting the minute the last C-17 went wheels up.

But that would also probably screw our "couple hundred" of AMCITs and "thousands" of green card holders that we left. Along with the SIV holders/applicants

One of whom...happens to have launched with a QRF to secure Biden after an Army 60 PLd in 08.

Awwwwkwaardddd

Yep there's the rub. If they're already going around hunting our allies  though then when and how do we smack the Taliban PP? I get it as satisfying as it would be now to go all Linebacker on them we need to be proportionate. Always let the bad guys know there's still a lot for them to lose. I would pick one HVT (I vote Haqqani obviously almost like Solemani in Iraq)  just to show them the threat is always in the background. Like we've discussed they're out in the open now trying to run a country which is an order of magnitude harder than what they were doing. We also have a carrot in the billions in aid we control and the big stick is the military.

Edited by fire4effect
Gramur

This should get interesting.

"On Tuesday, The Washington Post reported that Rep. Markwayne Mullin (R-OK) has gone rogue to travel to Taliban-controlled Afghanistan on a rescue mission, in the face of multiple warnings not to do so from the Pentagon and State Department — and that nobody knows where he is."

https://www.rawstory.com/markwayne-mullin-afghanistan/

And Biden is probably done. He knew, and he wanted people to lie about it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9945031/Biden-told-Afghan-President-needed-change-perception-Talibans-rapid-advance.html

Edited by torqued

9 hours ago, dogfish78 said:

Again, you pus*ies attack the man instead of his message. Put up an argument instead of displaying weak behavior. What you said is exactly the type of comment the Crown loyalists would’ve said in 1770 unknowing that a few years later they’d have a musketball flying through their skull.

Attack the man instead of his message? While you call us p*ssies. Brilliant. You must be real fun to go on the road with.

I went to public school but it seems his message was, “I’m gonna bring the whole f*cking system down.” So yeah, the ball’s in his court to really flush that plan out a little more.

Edited by JBueno
  • Upvote 2

Maybe the Taliban can ask this administration to go back to Little Rock where we first started training (2013) the Afghans on the C-130Hs… Since then several tried/may have disappeared on our soil and quite a few pilots within their “AAF” have been assassinated well before this debacle. Now the threats to them and their families will be carried out after they get what they want…. It’s inevitable. Doubtful if they were ever on any evac lists.

33 minutes ago, JBueno said:

Attack the man instead of his message? While you call us p*ssies. Brilliant. You must be real fun to go on the road with.

I went to public school but it seems his message was, “I’m gonna bring the whole f*cking system down.” So yeah, the ball’s in his court to really flush that plan out a little more.

Yes and? The posters in this thread sling words and attack everything but the argument of what Lieutenant Colonel Scheller has said. The posters will get the same treatment right back at them. Give it some time, you'll see what Scheller, and millions of patriotic citizens have in store.

Why did you remove your response about the metaphor of Crown loyalists?

Edited by dogfish78

1 hour ago, torqued said:

This should get interesting.

"On Tuesday, The Washington Post reported that Rep. Markwayne Mullin (R-OK) has gone rogue to travel to Taliban-controlled Afghanistan on a rescue mission, in the face of multiple warnings not to do so from the Pentagon and State Department — and that nobody knows where he is."

https://www.rawstory.com/markwayne-mullin-afghanistan/

And Biden is probably done. He knew, and he wanted people to lie about it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9945031/Biden-told-Afghan-President-needed-change-perception-Talibans-rapid-advance.html

Interesting how?  Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, if he gets rolled up trying some delusional one man Hollywood style "rescue mission" (without any military background whatsoever, according to the article) then I'm of the opinion that we shouldn't risk any of our guys' lives to get him back.  All decisions have consequences.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, dogfish78 said:

Yes and? The posters in this thread sling words and attack everything but the argument of what Lieutenant Colonel Scheller has said. The posters will get the same treatment right back at them. Give it some time, you'll see what Scheller, and millions of patriotic citizens have in store.

Why did you remove your response about the metaphor of Crown loyalists?

So you’re saying those of us who don’t agree with Scheller or don’t resign from the military will get a bullet to the head, like crown loyalists?

Edit to add: What exactly do they have in store?

Edited by JBueno