Finally done in Afghanistan?

FourFans

234136885_4228736880575468_1418465762612256602_n.jpg.208cda20fe470635f8be545ebd003c22.jpg

I’m sure it’s written down somewhere…

Anybody wanna guess at the amount of cost and effort expended to build secure compounds in a hurry on Kabul… Vice using the airfield you’ve had for decades with dozens of literal compounds on it.

The North ECP was even “proof tested” in December of 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

After the Taliban said they would not accept an extension of the August 31 Deadline, President Biden announced he will not extend our presence beyond Aug 31.  Even Pentagon Spokesman Baghdad Kirby stated it will take days (72 hours), to extract all U.S. forces.  Realistically that means this thing starts to get even more ugly in 2-3 days.

AND....The Taliban have now said it is no longer safe for Afghans to leave the country, they need the engineers and professionals to help rebuild the country.  Let the massacre ensue.

FINALLY...there is an intelligence paper with credible sources that says the Taliban and Al Qaeda plan to launch an attack on the Kabul airport.

This should bring down the administration.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Sure is a good thing we had to put pulling out on hold because of the election/transfer of power.  It really helped to wait until the fighting season when were up against a tight deadline.  Listen up young pups, remember this shit next time politicians are playing fucky games with your lives and make your life decisions appropriately.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Being serious for a minute: we need to file an FOIA request on the performance evaluations of every GO tied to CENTCOM and the draw down next year. 

Because I swear to go if I see some bull shit like "Hacho'd largest strat airlift op since Berlin--Saved 70K US Cit" I'm going to fucking throw a fit. 

Not a single person above the rank of Lt Col should be considering this operation a success. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

On 8/23/2021 at 9:03 AM, FLEA said:

Found out most ANSOF are staying to fight even though many have been offered visas. Panjshir isnt far from Bagram. I'm wondering if any consideration is given to helping ANSOF retake Bagram before we say final peace if the Aug 31 deadline isn't extended. This would give the US a usable airfield to continue evacuation from as long as people can get out of Kabul. Would also seriously threaten the Taliban's long term capability to control Kabul. They may need to withdrawal to Kandahar. 

I've seen a few of your posts saying things like this.  Not sure where you're getting your info, but it's completely wrong.  The entire AFG military folded without a fight when the enemy hit Kabul. 

Remember the 4 instruments of national power, DIME, diplomacy, information, military, and economy?

Afghanistan is 'weeks to months' from economic collapse, experts say (msn.com)

The first three haven't worked so well lately but the Taliban are getting ready to get a reminder in economic pain. The world economy just isn't what it was in the 90s especially in regards to cash flow. No stimulus checks for you.

Remember the 4 instruments of national power, DIME, diplomacy, information, military, and economy?
The first three haven't worked so well lately but the Taliban are getting ready to get a reminder in economic pain. The world economy just isn't what it was in the 90s especially in regards to cash flow. No stimulus checks for you.

Well, their entire economy is based on opium, so they might be ok unless the chinese have undermined that whole thing too.

25 minutes ago, fire4effect said:

I have a feeling that "economy" is low on the list of Taliban priorities.

2 hours ago, RedEye1911 said:

Hell, OPRs should be public records. Anyone should be able to see the bullshit that is put on them.

Wonder if I my bullet "Saved the government xxx,xxx dollars by cancelling >XX pointless sorties where we weren't allowed to do shit anyway," will make it through the wickets? :flag_waving:

• Haha 1

Apparently Taliban starting to fly captured US Blackhawk

Uh. that's not really flying...

Light grey and Raptor guys somewhere… fuming at the idea that Super Hornets might get another air to air kill before they do…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Lawman said:

Light grey and Raptor guys somewhere… fuming at the idea that Super Hornets might get another air to air kill before they do…

Call the F-15Cs. They are experienced at shooting down American Blackhawks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

5 hours ago, FLEA said:

Being serious for a minute: we need to file an FOIA request on the performance evaluations of every GO tied to CENTCOM and the draw down next year. 

Because I swear to go if I see some bull shit like "Hacho'd largest strat airlift op since Berlin--Saved 70K US Cit" I'm going to fucking throw a fit. 

Not a single person above the rank of Lt Col should be considering this operation a success. 

Agreed. “We must be very careful not to assign to this deliverance the attributes of a victory. Wars are not won by evacuations.”

As far as the economic troubles of the Taliban go, it's not just a question of paying the bills. You don't have cities of four million people in a country where subsistence agriculture is the primary occupation. Famine by the end of next year absent the Taliban making a deal to continue food aid... Which may not be a bad thing from the Taliban's perspective, since Kabul's population is likely to be the one least friendly to them. 

On 8/24/2021 at 1:04 PM, ClearedHot said:

This should bring down the administration.

I think that’s a pipe dream for republicans. But…..2024 isn’t that far away. I count myself as a moderate Democrat who isn’t necessarily opposed to voting R. So who’s gonna run? Trump? Sorry, but that’s as much a no-go for the left as Hillary was for the right. Desantis? Same shit, slightly diluted. Put up a sane, rational, non-octogenarian and you might find a lot of Americans are game. 

• Like 3