Finally done in Afghanistan?

FourFans

The aircrew will be fine. I hope they will also be fine mentally and remember that they got it done in the craziest conditions possible. They were in an absolutely impossible situation and got the jet home safe along with way more rescued people than anyone could have ever reasonably expected. Pretty sure it isn't aircrews job to establish a security perimeter around the airplane during a literal apocalyptic fall of a country. 

And at the end of it all they will have the craziest airline interview answer for "tell me about a time when you.."

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

RUMINT only at this point but the C-17 crew is not getting DFC's...instead they are getting investigated for the two civilian deaths that fell off the aircraft.

NFW!  I'm as cynical/jaded as anyone out there, but I can't believe this is true.  I'm going to believe that it's just a normal investigation to get the facts of the issue.  If it is true...I hope every pilot/load throws their wings on the bosses desk.  

Edited by SocialD
  • Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, SocialD said:

NFW!  I'm as cynical/jaded as anyone out there, but I can't believe this is true.  I'm going to believe that it's just a normal investigation to get the facts of the issue.  

57 minutes ago, lloyd christmas said:

That’s gonna happen when someone dies.  Hopefully, leadership has the crew’s back and understands their situation as the investigation plays out.  

Valid on both counts.

But it does say something when the worst is believed whenever "investigation" comes up.

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

RUMINT only at this point but the C-17 crew is not getting DFC's...instead they are getting investigated for the two civilian deaths that fell off the aircraft.

It will make for a hell of a story at a airline interview with job offer at the end. 

6 hours ago, dogfish78 said:

The point being, the regime has pushed globohomo worldwide, to include Afghanistan (via "democracy"), and within our own military by paying for/forced acceptance of trannies (mentally ill people who need help); and the regime has now pulled out of Afghanistan pathetically in a demoralization attempt of our people, and NOW it is scrambling to rescue the civilians it left there in the first place. They are toying with us if you cannot tell. Check out the amount of mil. veterans that are leaving work today because they're having breakdowns. China/Globalists have been given the red carpet.

The VFW..Legion and VA are-mailing comprehensive info to try and deal with just the possiblity of badly shaken vets..

2 minutes ago, dudebro said:

Suddenly I have credibility, been saying the HHS/CDC is incompetent with their CV19 strategy. Same goes for economic/border security policy.

Wow @dudebro way to be a domestic terrorist.

161+684+6846584.png

3 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Sad as it is..THAT is exactly what I was telling the wife...Hero to bum in one nightmare mission..If Reservists..there might be pushback if such an investigation occurs..

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Alpharatz said:

The VFW..Legion and VA are-mailing comprehensive info to try and deal with just the possiblity of badly shaken vets..

IT'S REAL. Hahaahhhahah! The federal government is intentionally crumbling before our eyes. Grab your horns and squirting flowers, the circus is here!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 How long until Fort Sumpter 2.0?

14515141.jpg

NFW!  I'm as cynical/jaded as anyone out there, but I can't believe this is true.  I'm going to believe that it's just a normal investigation to get the facts of the issue.  If it is true...I hope every pilot/load throws their wings on the bosses desk.  

I want to believe your line of thinking, but my money is on:

"Mishap pilot failed to adequately complete exterior inspection, enabling personnel to hang onto the exterior of the aircraft during takeoff, resulting in the tragic death of 2 civilians."

Barring external pressure to not punish the crew.

My sq tried to Q3 my loadmaster following a fire on the jet for doing an emergency ramp blow down with the cargo toes installed downrange. Nevermind that the Fire chief said to open the cargo ramp or they're cutting a hole in the jet because they couldn't find the fire in all the smoke, or that there was 6 pallets of ammunition right by where the smoke was coming from, and nothing prohibited leaving cargo toes from being left installed in the first place. The aircraft damage occurred when mx tried to close the ramp, messed up the door/ramp sequencing, and ripped the door seal off. Only reason the LMs didn't Q3 was that the caution about the door seal hadn't been released yet. So yeah, AMC is pretty ridiculous and I wouldn't put it past them to try to be Q3 the crew.

Impounding the jet makes sense though, and not just because of the mishap procedures. Lots of people touching the jet who shouldn't be, worth at least a once over by maintenance to ensure nothing's wrong with the jet.

Just now, Alpharatz said:

Sad as it is..THAT is exactly what I was telling the wife...Hero to bum in one nightmare mission..If Reservists..there might be pushback if such an investigation occurs..

Two dudes fell off of the plane and the mx folks probably found some more up in the wheel wells when it landed.  Its going to be a class A.  Nothing to do with the pilots.  

12 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

Calculating that Form F, if they even did one without massively WAGing it, makes me nervous just thinking about it.

It's not even close to any limit.  I'd put the average weight at 175 max.  670 pax.  Flew a flight into Bastion that was ramp to lav boxes of 40mm grenades.  

Edited by uhhello
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, uhhello said:

It's not even close to any limit.  I'd put the average weight at 175 max.  670 pax.  

And the weight is evenly dispersed for the most part. Just don’t throttle up to quick.

1 hour ago, uhhello said:

Two dudes fell off of the plane and the mx folks probably found some more up in the wheel wells when it landed.  Its going to be a class A.  Nothing to do with the pilots.  

This. Power of the press coverage of this nightmare will take care of the rest.

Chuck

Interesting quote from BBC:

"I have little doubt that it's going to hurt Biden," says Christopher Phelps, an associate professor of American Studies at the University of Nottingham. "It's going to be viewed as a loss, and possibly as a disgrace - it really was his call, fairly or not."

Highlights the political nature of presidency, regardless of what deals (one, two, or three terms before you) were enacted.