2021 Active Duty Flying Training Board

1 hour ago, AFZ06 said:

I’m in a rated field and a non-select I thought that would be the case for me but nope. I emailed Chris this morning and I was simply not selected. Just outside the cut he said. 

Which is mind boggling judging by the amount of non-rated people chosen. It just doesn’t make sense they’d take someone with 0 airmanship and military flight time over someone that’s already proven & capable. I just don’t get it. 

My stats are E-3 FTU I-Nav, 1K+ hours, 96P/91PCSM, PPL, 3 deployments and they chose a non rate over me. 🥴

Yo, this is def BS.  Based on that score alone you should have gotten UPT.  Did you have a GO sign your package?  I hear it helps make a difference too. 

21 hours ago, takingamessage said:

Whatever the magic sauce was, guess I left it out. 

My experience is pretty dated at this point, but I knew folks who went up for the Active Duty Flying Training Board ~15 years ago.

At the time, it seemed like there was a tendency to pick people up right at the end of their eligibility (i.e. they were hitting the age or years of commissioned service limits).  No guarantees, of course.

On 2/16/2021 at 6:23 PM, Yodes said:

UPT select! Pilot: 95 PCSM: 90 w/PPL

On 2/17/2021 at 12:22 PM, Yodes said:

Well, my leadership messed up i got a CSO slot not a upt slot

Congrats on the CSO slot.

That's some varsity-level ineptitude on the part of your leadership. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Blue said:

Congrats on the CSO slot.

That's some varsity-level ineptitude on the part of your leadership. 

i was on cloud 9 for about 12 hours. I think i’m gonna turn it down and try again. Hopefully i’ll make someone else’s day

1 hour ago, URTselect-UPTwanted said:

Yo, this is def BS.  Based on that score alone you should have gotten UPT.  Did you have a GO sign your package?  I hear it helps make a difference too. 

Not a GO I don’t know any just our Wing/CC which is an O-6. 

And yeah I don’t want to sound salty but I def feel like I got shafted. Alas there is nothing I can do and it is what it is. 

I’ll apply again for a third time next year and start looking into ANG/AFR. Honestly pretty salty about the whole deal and want to give AD the big ‘ol middle finger. I’ve been in 13 years total with my E time and I’d just like them to throw me a bone. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/16/2021 at 3:32 PM, RPA2021 said:

Hey all I have been lurking for months but had issues making an account. My wife is the MPF Commander and I can confirm the list has dropped!!! I am a RPA select!

Top of her head quotas were

Pilot:45, RPA:51, CSO:10, ABM:20

Best of luck all!

What surprises me is that I have confirmed with my wing exec that there were 45 Pilot slots and so far I believe we have only seen one. Maybe they said 4 to 5 🤫

😆

Edited by Yodes
  • Upvote 1

On 2/18/2021 at 2:53 PM, Yodes said:

i was on cloud 9 for about 12 hours. I think i’m gonna turn it down and try again. Hopefully i’ll make someone else’s day

Good luck! I feel like the chances might be better next year.  This year was tough... I got CSO my first try and got RPA my second.  With my AFSC shutting down, I literally have no choice to go RPA if I want that 20 year retirement.  

Also, that really was some dumb a** shi* pulled by your leadership.  All they had to do was read lines and names properly.  

On 2/18/2021 at 2:58 PM, AFZ06 said:

Not a GO I don’t know any just our Wing/CC which is an O-6. 

And yeah I don’t want to sound salty but I def feel like I got shafted. Alas there is nothing I can do and it is what it is. 

I’ll apply again for a third time next year and start looking into ANG/AFR. Honestly pretty salty about the whole deal and want to give AD the big ‘ol middle finger. I’ve been in 13 years total with my E time and I’d just like them to throw me a bone. 

I feel you man.  To me, it always felt like the same people got what they wanted and I always got shafted.  7 more years to that retirement tho.  If you can get AGR, that would be pretty sweet.  I got some contacts with recruiters in California (KC-10, C-17, KC-135, C5).  PM me your usaf email if you are interested.

16 hours ago, Jdmuehle said:

UPT select. Second time applying.

91 pilot/92 PCSM/ 80+ hours & PPL

Prior rated CSO

I’m confused how you got selected over me my scores are better and I’m also a CSO second time applying. 

What was your airframe? Strat? LOR? Age?

Just trying to piece together why I didn’t get selected. 

38 minutes ago, AFZ06 said:

I’m confused how you got selected over me my scores are better and I’m also a CSO second time applying. 

What was your airframe? Strat? LOR? Age?

Just trying to piece together why I didn’t get selected. 

The scores are not all that matter, as evidenced by other people getting picked up with lower scores than both of us. Technically I have a higher PCSM so yours aren’t “better” as you say. #1 strat, GO LOR

7 minutes ago, Jdmuehle said:

The scores are not all that matter, as evidenced by other people getting picked up with lower scores than both of us. Technically I have a higher PCSM so yours aren’t “better” as you say. #1 strat, GO LOR

I’m aware & yeah 1 point on the pcsm my B. But that’s why I asked what your other stats were.

GO LOR prob makes a big difference but I’ll never get one of those I don’t know any GOs. My friend that got selected last year knew a two star that did his and got picked up. 

What airframe are you from? 

Edited by AFZ06

22 minutes ago, Jdmuehle said:

I’m a BUFF WSO

Nice I’m guessing we probably know each other since it’s both are second time applying. Probably graduated UCT around the same time. 

I know a lot of good BUFF dudes though.

Congrats on your selection though man I hope you crush it at UPT. 

Edited by AFZ06

1 minute ago, AFZ06 said:

Nice I’m guessing we probably know each other since it’s both are second time applying. Probably graduated UCT around the same time. 

I know a lot of good BUFF dudes though.

Congrats on your selection though man.  

Thanks man. That’s very possible. I didn’t start out in the buff so I may be a tad older than you think, but that’s neither here nor there. Anyway, I appreciate the love and hope you find that UPT spot in the future!

I’m in a rated field and a non-select I thought that would be the case for me but nope. I emailed Chris this morning and I was simply not selected. Just outside the cut he said. 

Which is mind boggling judging by the amount of non-rated people chosen. It just doesn’t make sense they’d take someone with 0 airmanship and military flight time over someone that’s already proven & capable. I just don’t get it. 
My stats are E-3 FTU I-Nav, 1K+ hours, 96P/91PCSM, PPL, 3 deployments and they chose a non rate over me. 🥴

One of my bros here at Altus 135PIQ was in a similar situation. RC135 Nav +1000 hrs PPL upper 90s scores and with multiple deployments. Got an ETP on age which gave him fake hope. Was pretty much told that AD would never let him move to the front seat. And this was a few years ago when each board gave out 90 plus pilot slots. Ended up getting hired by Tampa 135s. The only hope for y’all is guard/reserves. Good luck and Cast a wide net

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Like 2

On 2/19/2021 at 10:14 PM, URTselect-UPTwanted said:

Good luck! I feel like the chances might be better next year.  This year was tough... I got CSO my first try and got RPA my second.  With my AFSC shutting down, I literally have no choice to go RPA if I want that 20 year retirement.  

Also, that really was some dumb a** shi* pulled by your leadership.  All they had to do was read lines and names properly.  

What did you list CSO as far as your preference goes this year?

5 hours ago, URTHopeful2021 said:

RPA Bros:  Anyone planning to bring family with to the pipeline (RIQ/IQT) Trying to figure out best living arrangement if anyone has suggestions.

I just finished MFS today so depending on training dates I may have my family with me. We are trying to figure everything it out now. 

Any RPA folks receive training dates or an assignment yet?

• Upvote 1