2021 Active Duty Flying Training Board

5 hours ago, takingamessage said:

Sorry to hear it man. Do you think you'll take it? 

To be honest, I don't know.  Might look into some reserve options.  The shitty part about this for me is that I have to find a new career field because I declined joining the Space Force (joke away).  Air Force is disabling my 13S career field in a year.  The options are get out, find a new career field in a year other than RPA, or RPA.  

7 hours ago, UPT21_Hopeful said:

To be honest, I don't know.  Might look into some reserve options.  The shitty part about this for me is that I have to find a new career field because I declined joining the Space Force (joke away).  Air Force is disabling my 13S career field in a year.  The options are get out, find a new career field in a year other than RPA, or RPA.  

Go guard/reserves. I was hired at the first one I applied to with scores similar to yours. Ask a series of AD pilots that you know and they will likely push you this direction anyways.

7 hours ago, UPT21_Hopeful said:

I'll be honest - my ADSC is up in a year and I've gotten a lot of weird looks when I tell people I'm trying to go back to flying AD. I'd say all of my bros (and female bros) across the board are urging me to just start rushing now so I can make a seamless transition. 

On the other hand, if being AD is your dream and pilot second, I'd say consider giving RPAs a go. Their role in the fight is big now and only getting bigger. I'd give it more consideration if I weren't satisfied enough with my career field as is. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, takingamessage said:
Anyone at one of the closed bases getting their results?
And on that note, does anyone with access to the list care to share... You can even send it to my commander if it makes you feel better. 

Ditto, though I’m not sure if the whole list was released or just those names associated with the base. My MPF is open and operational, just notoriously slow stating that they will “get to it when they get to it.” Seems to be the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Edited by Kunzcl

13 minutes ago, takingamessage said:

And on that note, does anyone with access to the list care to share... You can even send it to my commander if it makes you feel better. 

I’m in the same boat. Base is closed and unfortunately my CC is deployed so he’s on the opposite time zone as us basically....I might be waiting a bit. Not sure which one is the real reason I haven’t heard though

Edited by Jdmuehle

17 minutes ago, takingamessage said:

Nope mine is still closed & I still haven’t heard anything. I text my CC and he hasn’t seen anything. 

If my base opens tomorrow I’ll be flying so I won’t hear tomorrow either. 😅

Edited by AFZ06

14 minutes ago, Kunzcl said:

Ditto, though I’m not sure if the whole list was released or just those names associated with the base. My MPF is open and operational, just notoriously slow stating that they will “get to it when they eat to it.” Seems to be the norm.

I’m not sure by what RPA2021 said he gave the numbers of how many selects so that makes me think they see the entire list. 

15 minutes ago, Kunzcl said:

Ditto, though I’m not sure if the whole list was released or just those names associated with the base. My MPF is open and operational, just notoriously slow stating that they will “get to it when they eat to it.” Seems to be the norm.

On a prior PSDM I was on, they gave the commander the full PSDM for commander's release - saw it with my own eyes. 

So the whole thing is out there, not just individual names. 

12 minutes ago, AFZ06 said:

I’m not sure by what RPA2021 said he gave the numbers of how many selects so that makes me think they see the entire list. 

Yeah, I think you all are correct.  Looking at the previous years' PSDMs, and the document dates, it seems that they get the full up list and are directed to review the list for their wings.  Then that same list is posted publically a week later.

Edited by Kunzcl
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, AW91 said:

Had a sit down with my CC and he didn’t see a PSDM in his inbox/myPers, would that mean non-selection or that MPF hasn’t sent him the PSDM?

Could mean either one if you were a non-select he wouldn’t get the PSDM. However they could’ve just not sent it. 

4 minutes ago, AW91 said:

Had a sit down with my CC and he didn’t see a PSDM in his inbox/myPers, would that mean non-selection or that MPF hasn’t sent him the PSDM?

the PSDM goes from MPF to your Wg/CC. i would ask your CC to reach out and up the chain. you can always call MPF and ask the flight commander if the PSDM has made it to wing leadership yet. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, beef16 said:

the PSDM goes from MPF to your Wg/CC. i would ask your CC to reach out and up the chain. you can always call MPF and ask the flight commander if the PSDM has made it to wing leadership yet. 

This. Just had the same Convo with my squadron commander, he said the wing will be reaching out.

26 minutes ago, Weav said:

This. Just had the same Convo with my squadron commander, he said the wing will be reaching out.

I wish I understood the process more. Talking to some CGOs at my base, they're saying commanders were already notified, but my sq cc says he hasn't seen anything and the wg cc didn't have anything. I assume wg CCs know even non selects? 

Oh well.. Just a few more days until it's public I guess... 

Or if someone forwarded it directly to my sq cc I wouldn't tell 👀

Congrats to those who found out so far! I don’t plan to accept my CSO slot, but will start working packages for Guard units.

Side note to everyone, I suggest networking with your fellow CGOs on base! It came in handy for me with our base closure. I asked around for our MPF commander, then asked him to check for me. He was able to check from home and forwarded the results to the wing. Then I asked the group exec to reach out to the wing and expedited the process. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have found out until probably next week. 

• Upvote 1

If anyone has access to the list and wouldn’t mind seeing if I’m on there shoot me a PM please. 

Base is now closed until Friday and who knows when they’re gonna send the list out. 

Edited by AFZ06
  • Upvote 2

Well looks like I’m a non-select.

FWIW I’m a current E-3 FTU Nav 1,000+ hours, 96 pilot, 91 PCSM w/ppl #2 WG strat. 

AD can get bent. Time to start rushing Reserve/Guard units. 

Edited by AFZ06
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1