2021 Active Duty Flying Training Board

@takingamessageclearly I can't read a calendar haha.  What I was going for was Friday ahead of the president's day weekend... Cause y'know I'd like to believe big blue would be nice enough to not keep us hanging on but I won't be surprised at all if it does slide to the 19th as @AW91 said.  So what are we offering the winner of the pool here?  Get out of SRO duty free card?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Weav said:

No changes on the rated assignments page so I'ma go with negatron. Anyone care for a little over-under on public release date?  My theoretical dollar is on the 14th, which would make commander release day this Friday. 

I'll bet :22FEB public, 15FEB commander notification. Why? Because Air Force lol. Hopefully we find out this Friday! I just want to start planning as I am on this upcoming VML for winter.

• Haha 2

Nope... I definitely don't have it up on my work computer and my phone to hit F5 every hour on the hour including right after I got down from my flight just now. Of course not. But if you were (hypothetically) curious it hasn't changed.

• Haha 1

Man I woke up to a few notifications from this post and got excited at the chance we had some selection notifications being made. Back to the waiting game. If we don’t hear anything by the end of this week I’ll call AFPC on Friday to see if there’s an update.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, AW91 said:

Didn't call, just been emailing the POC and he replied a little while ago, he's been feeding me information, but has been keeping things pretty vague. @URTHopeful2021 if you want to call they might give you more specific data over the phone.

I'm in Afghanistan without access to a reliable unclass line -sigh. That is great though. Appreciate the info

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Weav said:

Nope... I definitely don't have it up on my work computer and my phone to hit F5 every hour on the hour including right after I got down from my flight just now. Of course not. But if you were (hypothetically) curious it hasn't changed.

Of course I don't do that myself. I refresh this forum, because I know somebody will beat me to it anyway!

• Haha 3

Saw on the board page that they accepted applications without completed IFCs or ETPs due to COVID.    Curious to see how many people are in that boat and where AFPC put the risk on awarding slots to people without IFCs/ETPs done. 

8 minutes ago, takingamessage said:

@Bean that's definitely curious. I wonder if anyone who wanted pilot as their #1 didn't get it then? Like a situation where someone lost Pilot to someone else who wasn't qualified. Or if all completely qualified candidates received their #1. 

Hopefully no one gets faulted for getting everything done by the deadlines. The biggest thing is number of slots and the training dates. They said they are not giving training dates for anyone picked up without a completed IFC/ETP. So if there are a lot of people that don’t have IFC/ETPs done then I’m guessing that would favor people with the entire package done solely based on getting them to training faster. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Weav said:

@URTHopeful2021 or anyone else with AFPCs number, I'm willing to be that guy to call and check.

@WeavYou’re not the hero we deserved but the one we needed. That being said it is 1245am here and I have no access to get the number so please someone provide this man the number! 

Edited by URTHopeful2021
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, robby8388 said:

AFPC stated the board doesn’t see medical stuff (flying physicals of waivers). People may have been selected without complete physicals as that was not part of the board package 

My understanding of that was it wouldn’t be held against you if you had an approved waiver/ETP. So the board won’t see it because they are looking at known eligible applicants regardless of waiver/ETP etc. So in my mind there would be some mitigation against awarding slots to applicants they are unsure about being qualified. In an extreme case, if everyone was pooled together unknowing of IFCs/ETPs being done then all of the slots could be awarded only to find out none of them have necessary IFC physicals for what they were awarded (differing class physicals matter here). This is why I think there is some sort of risk mitigation favoring people AFPC already knows are qualified. Just my two cents. 

Ok, time to come out of lurking mode I guess.

I'm in the "without FCI" crowd.  I was deployed to Afghanistan for all of CY20 an obviously couldn't have a FCI conducted downrange.  The guidance that was given to me, and outlined briefly by AFPC and  @Bean, is that all training dates will be coordinated after an approved FCI.   Those that are selected with a current FCI will have training dates already established upon the listing of board results, or very soon thereafter.

So while there is a chance an applicant without a FCI could be selected over an applicant that does, the decision was (should be) based off merit, experience, and several other traits.  Not medical.  My assumption is that if a non-FCI select ends up medically disqualified then the next qualified applicant with a FCI will slide up... to include those on the alternates listing. 

If anything, those with a valid FCI get a spot at the front of the line once selected.

Again, just my $0.02 with some very broad assumptions.

Ok, back to lurk mode.  All notifications on, rapidly hitting the refresh button.  Huge thanks to those reaching out to AFPC and getting the gouge for us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Kunzcl is correct. It’s 100% merit based. If a member is selected without their physical or ETP approved they are required to submit the completed documents prior to being assigned training. Everyone already approved will have training dates assigned shortly after selection.

The exact verbiage from Chris is:

"

Short answer, yes, applicants still waiting on a medical clearance will be listed in the PSDM.

Due to challenges with Covid, there were a number of applicants who had delays getting their flying class physicals completed prior to the board. There were also applicants who had delays with their Force Development Exceptions to Policy (FDETP) due to process change during the middle of application window. For those reasons, we made the decision to accept those documents after the board for this board only. Applicants should forward their completed physicals or FDETP to the AFPC/DP2OR Workflow email box at their earliest possible convenience. We will not be able to schedule training until we receive medical clearances. If a physical comes back with a disqualification or a FDETP is not approved, those applicants will be removed from the selection list and remain in their current career field."

Edited by robby8388
  • Like 1

Just tried the PCSM site number no answer, tried the total force service center as well but they don't have any information newer than the original PSDM.  I'll try again tomorrow, any updates will be here soon as I get them. 

• Like 3

Called the number on the PSDM and didn't get through, but I managed to get some info... Barring any catastrophes we should see the CC release on Monday and an official release on the 15th!

Given everything else in 2021 I guess a catastrophe can't be ruled out so we'll have to wait and see. Glad I'm not the only one checking these websites every chance I get 😆

Best of luck everyone, only a few more days!