Passing of Matmacwc

ClearedHot

Pyro was a class A dude who made the world a better place. Great attitude right up to the end. What many people don’t know is that he was given the 95% diagnosis of a few months to live almost 5 years ago. Fought like hell. I’ll fondly remember all the jack and cokes at the bar with him. Godspeed Pyro.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

On 12/26/2019 at 4:03 PM, DFRESH said:

Sara posted the following:

In lieu of flowers he would have wanted donations to MD Anderson cancer center or USO. ❤️
https://www.uso.org/donate/donate-in-honor/?sc=WW14IMOIHO

🥃

Is the link supposed to be direct for him? It’s not populating the info fields for “in memory of” or putting his name anywhere on the page that’s coming up for me when I click it. Certainly no issue just donating to the cause, but I’d love to have it go in his memory, if I can. 

Pyro and I were in the same IFF class.  We've been buds since then.  I got to spend some time with him back in April, he knew this day wasn't far off.  He was a hell of a dude, I know Sara and the kids are hurting right now; but boy they had a pretty good last year all things considered.  I'm so glad they took the time these last few years to make some family memories.  Those will pay off for the rest of the kids life.  

RIP Pyro, you are missed broseph!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

If it is who I'm thinking it is, he was one of my UPT instructors at Laughlin. Hell of an IP, and I remember him talking to me about confidence one day after not doing so well in the jet. His words really had an impact on my career. To Pyro!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was out riding around Tucson today and happened to see a four ship that looked like they were setting up for a missing man formation (or maybe it was my imagination) and I thought of this thread and Pyro, even though I never met the man.  That moment had me thinking about this military aviation family, and all the things society fights about that don't mean anything.  It was a sort of Zen moment, I'm grateful for it, and I'm damn lucky to be in this family.  Life is too short to not live it.

Him, Him.

• Like 8