F1 Thread

N730

10 hours ago, billy pilgrim said:

Season 3 is out on Netflix of their formula one show..

yeah I need to go watch it.  Binging Better Call Saul right now, lol

I still can't believe Grosjean is alive.

I think Red Bull is going to win the first race for sure.  It would not surprise me if Merc doesn't finish in the top three.

I hope Seb blows Stroll outta the water.  He's needs a good season after the last few.

5 hours ago, stract said:

yeah I need to go watch it.  Binging Better Call Saul right now, lol

I still can't believe Grosjean is alive.

I think Red Bull is going to win the first race for sure.  It would not surprise me if Merc doesn't finish in the top three.

I hope Seb blows Stroll outta the water.  He's needs a good season after the last few.

Grosjean walking away nonetheless...no big deal!  Crazy! 

Baby Michael Schumacher begins his run this weekend.

21 hours ago, N730 said:

Now that Mazepin has made a fool of himself 2 days in a row, can we get this punk out of there? Too bad Comrade Gene Hass needs the money he's gstting from his Mazepin's dad.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

I know some parents buy their kid a car, but Jeeezuz...

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, brickhistory said:

I know some parents buy their kid a car, but Jeeezuz...

I thought his name was Marzipan?  (I know, lots of nicknames for him already)

His losing control is awfully embarrassing.  Are the UK bookies offering odds on whether this will happen again?

On 3/29/2021 at 1:38 PM, GrndPndr said:

I thought his name was Marzipan?  (I know, lots of nicknames for him already)

His losing control is awfully embarrassing.  Are the UK bookies offering odds on whether this will happen again?

Schumacher did the exact same thing on the exact same corner a lap or two later, he just got lucky and didn't crash into the wall.

Williams must love the feeling of not being last all the time!

I was disappointed a bit in Season 3 from Netflix.  Felt disjointed and they spent 5 seconds on Grosjean's crash.  They had an opportunity to talk about mental resiliency, and air some of the Grosjean interview where he talked about getting his mental health squared away, but dropped the ball. And the last episode spending 5 seconds talking about race also felt like an afterthought.

3 hours ago, stract said:

Schumacher did the exact same thing on the exact same corner a lap or two later, he just got lucky and didn't crash into the wall.

I was disappointed a bit in Season 3 from Netflix.  Felt disjointed and they spent 5 seconds on Grosjean's crash.  They had an opportunity to talk about mental resiliency, and air some of the Grosjean interview where he talked about getting his mental health squared away, but dropped the ball. And the last episode spending 5 seconds talking about race also felt like an afterthought.

They also barely spent any time with discussing Russell's Merc run during the 2nd Bahrain race. They spent way too much time on pre-season testing and COVID drama (okay, I get it) and Lance Strolls multi billionare dad who is obviously a narcissist. Then when they realized they spent too much time on that - they didn't have enough time to go into detail on the rest of the season. Add to the fact that it was a short off-season so post-production must have been rushed too. I agree with you - It had way more potential - but I still enjoyed it overall!  I'm also on my second whiskey of the night so maybe I'm over analyzing.

This first race was exciting as hell, best I've seen in a long time.  Pumped for the season to play out!!

Agree with the great race sentiment. Really wanted Verstappen to pass Hamilton those last few laps. Have to hand it to Lewis though. As “boring” as it is to have the same guy win all the time, the man is a machine. That was a masterful piece of defensive driving. 

• Upvote 3

Difference is Marzipan did it literally twice in like 5 corners.

His last lap of Q1, he passes 5 cars on the outlap (poor form to begin with) and spins, ruining their qualifying laps. Then lap one of the race he makes it 3-4 corners and spins again.

The guy shouldn't be in F1. The guy punched another driver twice for getting in his way on a Free Practice 2 lap. He doesn't deserve the seat. Strolls dad might have paid is way, but at least he has pace and isn't a punk.

• Like 1

Difference is Marzipan did it literally twice in like 5 corners.

His last lap of Q1, he passes 5 cars on the outlap (poor form to begin with) and spins, ruining their qualifying laps. Then lap one of the race he makes it 3-4 corners and spins again.

The guy shouldn't be in F1. The guy punched another driver twice for getting in his way on a Free Practice 2 lap. He doesn't deserve the seat. Strolls dad might have paid is way, but at least he has pace and isn't a punk.

Exactly. Spun in every round of practice, quali, and then the race itself. Passed people on an outlap he had no chance of outpacing on the quali laps. Just a real gem. Too bad they don’t air the GPDA meetings.
  • Like 1

I came to this conclusion during season 1 of the show, but seasons 2 and 3 reinforced it for me: Christian Horner is a bit of a douchebag.

I agree that Mazepin has no business in F1.  Are we taking any bets on him being replaced at the mid-point of the season?  I feel like Gene Haas isn't going to tolerate him too long.  Would Albon consider that seat just to get back on the track this year?

I came to this conclusion during season 1 of the show, but seasons 2 and 3 reinforced it for me: Christian Horner is a bit of a douchebag.

He is, but that clever cockiness really fits with the brand RB is going for it seems. If they were the perennially dominant team, I think it would be unbearable.

I think Toto has a bit of an arrogant ego, too, but it’s usually hidden behind ze German understated front.

And for Haas...if the driver goes so does your major sponsor, so it’s a tight spot.

57 minutes ago, SurelySerious said:

And for Haas...if the driver goes so does your major sponsor, so it’s a tight spot.

This.

I am guessing that the flow of rubles into the team is also stifling Steiner's style to unfcuking Marzipan's attitude.

Hard to rip someone a new one when A) a phone call to Dad = no job as team principal and B) the two giant bald guys in dark suits, sunglasses, and suspicious lumps under their jackets are always present when kiddo is around...

• Like 1

This.
I am guessing that the flow of rubles into the team is also stifling Steiner's style to unfcuking Marzipan's attitude.
Hard to rip someone a new one when A) a phone call to Dad = no job as team principal and B) the two giant bald guys in dark suits, sunglasses, and suspicious lumps under their jackets are always present when kiddo is around...

I’m still wondering how they have managed to avoid getting penalized for flying the Russian flag.