F1 Thread

N730

16 hours ago, brickhistory said:

<snip>

Then the race turned back into cars on parade.

Well done to Hamilton for the win and congratulations on reaching the record.  Hard to argue with stats.

I'm at the point where if Lewis is in the lead with no one near him - I naively pretend he's just not in the race.  As one can tell, I'm not a huge Hamilton fan.

Having said that, the moments with his dad, who drove him to all of his cart races with the equipment, was heartening.  It does remind me that he's not all BLM, or must say good things about the team in interviews - he's a human being.  (Jeeze, it sounds like I'm crying, not my intention).

• Upvote 1

My vague distaste for Hamilton is probably more for Mercedes absolute dominance for the past several years.  Can't blame 'em, beat the competition then keep 'em down is a good strategy.

But makes for unexciting racing.

But Hamilton's story is exactly what I want in a driver, one who advances on ability, not a big sponsor/daddy's checking account.  So, I can't have it both ways.  Good on him for earning his Mercedes seat and using it ruthlessly to achieve his success.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SurelySerious said:

The irony is the insane amount of farm land and irrigation requirements that ethanol requires far outweighs its status as an alternative fuel. 

Of course, you're right, makes one wonder exactly what this means (from the story), "...pushing the boundaries with sustainable fuels..."  Glad they didn't use the phrase 'Alternative energies.'

At least it sounds like these cars will have six pistons, exhaust systems and human drivers.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, GrndPndr said:

Of course, you're right, makes one wonder exactly what this means (from the story), "...pushing the boundaries with sustainable fuels..."  Glad they didn't use the phrase 'Alternative energies.'

At least it sounds like these cars will have six pistons, exhaust systems and human drivers.

Can’t wait for autonomous F1...

• Haha 3

Lewis just became the 7 time champ! Happy for him to cement his status as GOAT. He's a great driver and even more amazing human being and role model for my kid to look up to!

2020 has been an incredible year for sports, despite all the challenges.

Yep, happy to see Seb get on podium again as well.  Race was way too early for me, so I just caught the highlights.
Same issue, so I just finished it on demand. So happy for Seb. Have to love the irony of Seb doing so well the week Binotto isn't there.

Binotto is toxic. I'd be surprised if they ever compete for a championship under his leadership.

Edit: Not only the best result for Seb, but also the best result for Ferrari. Top scoring team of the day.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
I’d say he was well on the side of leaning on luck vs engineering there. Considering he went through the Armco, he could’ve just as easily been pinned under it while on fire.
I don't know man, without the engineering, the impact would have killed him regardless of the fire.

I mean look at the halo after the crash. That right there is a big part of what saved him. His car was in 3 pieces, but the survival cell stayed in tact and let him walk away from the incident with minor injuries after a 56G crash.Screenshot_20201129-124439_BaconReader.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

• Upvote 2

How the fuck did Grosejean survive?!?!?  Holy hell.  The footage of him struggling to exit engulfed in the fireball was craaazy, even though I already knew the outcome by then.