Going for a Guard/Reserve Pilot Slot - Where do I stand?

On 6/9/2019 at 11:52 PM, Catman said:

That being said, military experience is a surprisingly minor boost

Couldn’t disagree more. I got hired by 3 different units with scores that most likely wouldn’t have even gotten me an interview. Remember the ANG is the whole person concept for a reason. 

See above. I'm returning the attitude thrown at me, I'm not the source. I haven't been an applicant for several years, I've been in the military for several years. Been applying for the last few months. 
Are you guys trolling me?

You haven’t yet earned the right to return the attitude. Thanks for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Inertia17 said:

To the OP, Apologies for the derail, but man...

Your numbers look good. As the others have said the letter and resume are very important. Make sure there are no errors, correct squadron addressed, ask who to address them to etc. Fine tooth comb it. 

Also, if you can get out to a unit for a visit before they interview, it would be a good thing to do. 

Thank you for the response, I appreciate it.  I've visited a couple so far, can definitely see how it's important.  

This is an online forum, not a court martial. I have every right to return attitude. Nobody in here is holier than thou. Exercising the same rights everyone else has. 
Quit derailing this guy's thread, please. 

If, by some miracle, you get into UPT, and quibble there as you have here, you will find yourself on the losing end of a CR. And yes, those of us who have wings are holier than sniveling wannabe pricks like you.

7 minutes ago, Catman said:

This is an online forum, not a court martial. I have every right to return attitude. Nobody in here is holier than thou. Exercising the same rights everyone else has. 

Quit derailing this guy's thread, please. 

Honestly, trying to help here. Consider deleting your account. All you are doing in this thread is hurting your chances. I hope you haven't given enough information to be identified. Just lurking before I started applying or got picked up, I saw two different people hurt or destroy their chances with what they said and did on this forum.

From a PM I’m electing to share.

Spout your nonsense here, not on that applicant's thread. 

Are you one of those personality types that would join infantry just to kill someone?

You derailed the thread, Catman, not me, nor anyone else. Don’t dare insult the infantry either, better men than you have served there.

3 minutes ago, ihtfp06 said:

From a PM I’m electing to share.

You derailed the thread, Catman, not me, nor anyone else. Don’t dare insult the infantry either, better men than you have served there.

Better than most of us.

• Like 1

Troll confirmed. Shame it took me as long as it did. 

Right, the productive member of the board is the troll, as opposed to the newb offering baseless advice.

1 hour ago, Catman said:

Troll confirmed. Shame it took me as long as it did. 

Catman, if you want any chance at being picked up by a unit, you need to stop. Displaying this attitude is not a desirable quality in a squadron mate. This is sincere advice, not trolling. You need to STFU about 6-9 posts ago. 

Edited by Inertia17

On 6/11/2019 at 7:18 PM, Inertia17 said:

Catman, if you want any chance at being picked up by a unit, you need to stop. Displaying this attitude is not a desirable quality in a squadron mate. This is sincere advice, not trolling. You need to STFU about 6-9 posts ago. 

I went through and purged my posts and accidentally deleted my apology along the way.

For the OP: I apologize for what I have said and for venturing out of my lane. What I was trying to say originally is that not having military background is not the end of the world and that trying to rush into an enlistment to boost your chances may not be as valuable as, say, earning your instrument rating. Enlistment takes a long time, and the training pipeline is backed up for a lot of schools. You could end up spinning your wheels for little to no gain, but it is entirely up to you.

For me to challenge your statement, @matmacwc (is that how you tag people?), is way above my metaphorical paygrade. Instead of interpreting your post as a shot at me, I should have taken the high road... especially since I reckon we may not actually disagree on that point after all.

Everything else said was mostly a result of my pride getting ahead of me. The remainder was a bit of misunderstanding the dynamic that this forum has, which is also on me. While I think that some of my comments were misinterpreted, like someone else said, I'm probably the asshole in the room if I think everyone else is being one.

Bottom line: I was wrong. I apologize.

On 6/9/2019 at 11:52 PM, Catman said:

You're solid, just start schmoozin, turn 21, and start boozin.

I second the boozing part. 

Your numbers look solid I don’t think you’ll have issues find a home in the guard or reserves.

if it all fails, go the army helo route. They have an Apache slot with your name on it. 

Cheers 🍻 

Edited by CharlieHotel47