Max age of 32 for Flight School

alwyn2d

I believe the AF SUPT max age without a waiver is still 30. As of last month the Navy increased their age for pilots and NFOs training to the age of 32. For those AF SUPT applicants that were turned down for age consideration, the Navy may be an option. No word on USMC age changes. Remember in going Naval Air, approximately 50% are assigned helos as an initial assignment. But they do have P-8 (737s) waiting in the wings for all you future airline pilot hopefuls.

P-8, very good choice and most likely with the 737 type rating to boot. Whats not to like as a great transition to the airline community as the most successful platform ever produced (sales). 10,000th delivered as of last year I believe. 

Had a tour on a P-8 and it was impressive. Very nice, but definitely still too tight of a tin can to be loitering around on/with long legs (both meanings). Great for many, but interstate hopping would be miserable as well for my fat @ss. My buds flying the Airbus A320s seem to have a much more enjoyable/spacious/ergonomic experience.

Good advice alwyn2d, get that lite twin rating for future prospects.

As of right now, the P-8 =/= 737 type rating as far as the FAA is concerned.  The Navy did some backdoor deal where it's not the same type, even though it's the same airplane.  I know guys that have gotten letters from the FAA rescinding their type rating.  Shady shit really.