2020 Air Force Active Duty UPT Board

The way my prsnl buddy explained it to me is that it would be the FSS at wherever your senior rater is based. They will likely send the list to your wing exec orgbox... However, anyone with AFPC secure access can get the list. I'm in the same boat, my wing is at Moody so I will be pinging the Moody FSS. 

• Upvote 1

So I might be stretching here but Im hoping to get as much info as possible and hoping someone here might be able to answer some questions I had. First a little back story. When I applied for this board, I did so with the intention of accepting only a CSO slot and potentially a RPA slot. Recently I found out I was medically disqualified from CSO so I am trying to find out as much info as possible about RPA. All my questions are involving the pipeline. I know the it involves IFT (2 months), then 4.5 months at Randolph, and then 5 months at Holloman. However, AFPC is telling me these are all TDYs now and they are no longer PCSing families. Is the Air Force really separating all RPA candidates from there families for 11.5 months to go through the pipeline? It seems outrageous to me, even if they are allowing a couple weeks in between to go back to your previous station. 

Also any ideas on how many people generally deny RPA slots? Hoping one opens up for me now that I cannot get CSO.

Edited by Lynchs13

22 hours ago, Lynchs13 said:

So I might be stretching here but Im hoping to get as much info as possible and hoping someone here might be able to answer some questions I had. First a little back story. When I applied for this board, I did so with the intention of accepting only a CSO slot and potentially a RPA slot. Recently I found out I was medically disqualified from CSO so I am trying to find out as much info as possible about RPA. All my questions are involving the pipeline. I know the it involves IFT (2 months), then 4.5 months at Randolph, and then 5 months at Holloman. However, AFPC is telling me these are all TDYs now and they are no longer PCSing families. Is the Air Force really separating all RPA candidates from there families for 11.5 months to go through the pipeline? It seems outrageous to me, even if they are allowing a couple weeks in between to go back to your previous station. 

Also any ideas on how many people generally deny RPA slots? Hoping one opens up for me now that I cannot get CSO.

TDYs seem like a win to me -- more $$ in your pocket.  Can you not take your family with you?  I have always taken my fam along for the ride, on TDYs ranging from 3 weeks up to 4 months.  Just use your MI&E per diem to offset a larger living accommodation.  Heck, go for a furnished place to save you the hassle of moving furniture over.  Take the essentials and leave everything else in storage back at your PDS.

No ideas on how many people turn down RPAs; however, I feel that it is more competitive to obtain than over a CSO slot.  Just my two cents though. 

Edited by dkatuziens

On 11/1/2019 at 12:08 PM, UFTApplicant2020 said:

So I received a call back from AFPC! 

- ~300 applicants with ~ 200 total slots

- 50/50 split between Pilot/RPA & CSO/ABM

- “Most everyone who received a slot got their first or second choice” (that’s the line that caught my attention)

- No emails will be sent from the APFC side to those who didn’t get picked up, so we’ll all have to wait

-Commander Notification will come out via AFPC Secure to FSS’s first thing Thursday Morning. It’s on the FSS to check 

Not sure if this is new or useful to any of y’all but just wanted to put it out there. 

Here’s to next Thursday! 

So we think that means 50 pilot slots?

11 minutes ago, dkatuziens said:

Nah man, nothing yet.  Nothing on the loss roster.  I am beginning to think my personnelist friend didn't know what he was talking about when he gave me that info. 

I think this may still be the case.  Got word that commanders would have it for sure by Friday from one of the board facilitators.  I was really hoping your Thursday gouge was good though! 

I am also hoping to be notified tomorrow.  I know our Wing had only three applicants, so there are a lot of high-level eyes on the results of this board.  Here's to hoping our leadership doesn't hose us tomorrow and hold the results until Friday...or worse, until Tuesday after the long holiday weekend 😶.

Edited by dkatuziens

1 hour ago, Flyingmonkey said:

So we think that means 50 pilot slots?

Probs not looking at previous years stats. Last year it was 90 pilot, 20 RPA. The most its been in the last 5 boards was 31. If I was a betting man, Im saying 75 pilot, 25 RPA. Thats also based on one of the rated assignments guys telling me pilot slots are “slightly down.”

16 minutes ago, Bob Uecker said:

Probs not looking at previous years stats. Last year it was 90 pilot, 20 RPA. The most its been in the last 5 boards was 31. If I was a betting man, Im saying 75 pilot, 25 RPA. Thats also based on one of the rated assignments guys telling me pilot slots are “slightly down.”

I agree. At the same time, however, it means a dramatic uptick in CSO/ABM slots compared to previous boards with almost 100 between the two.

I guess they realized they can have a larger pool of maybe decent candidates next year. Even then, ETP’s were give this year for people that had declined previously (i think somewhere on this thread it was talked about).

Last year there was 150 slots total (90Pilot, 20 RPA, 10 CSO, 30 ABM). Up until this year, it is the most combined CSO/ABM slots in the last 5 boards.

11 hours ago, CCT beat me once said:

I see last year the list was published on the 7th but assignments didn’t come out until the 19th.  Think that’ll be the same this year? 

Hope so.  My wife is more curious about when and where we're going. I'm just hoping if haha.  I think the PSDM says something about 7 business days for assignment notifications.

14 hours ago, dkatuziens said:

TDYs seem like a win to me -- more $$ in your pocket.  Can you not take your family with you?  I have always taken my fam along for the ride, on TDYs ranging from 3 weeks up to 4 months.  Just use your MI&E per diem to offset a larger living accommodation.  Heck, go for a furnished place to save you the hassle of moving furniture over.  Take the essentials and leave everything else in storage back at your PDS.

No ideas on how many people turn down RPAs; however, I feel that it is more competitive to obtain than over a CSO slot.  Just my two cents though. 

I appreciate the response. It is hard to bring family along when kids are all school age unfortunately...

From the UFT Board page on the Portal:

"The list will be on sent to FSS's via AFPC Secure tonight, 6 Nov, and the notification of the results will be in their daily email that gets sent at 0230 central time each night. Specific timing will vary by base and how quickly the FSS's get the info to the Commanders."

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, beef16 said:

From the UFT Board page on the Portal:

"The list will be on sent to FSS's via AFPC Secure tonight, 6 Nov, and the notification of the results will be in their daily email that gets sent at 0230 central time each night. Specific timing will vary by base and how quickly the FSS's get the info to the Commanders."

I can confirm that the list is out there.  Now it’s up to your leadership! Good luck! 

5 minutes ago, Intubate&Sedate said:

Who are you guys going to for results? The Sq/Gp/Wing CC? I'm deployed and before I send my flight commander at home station asking, it'd be nice to give him the correct answer.hah

Our Group Chief just happened to walk through and he's asking the Vice Wing right now.  Just so happens our Wing CC is out this week.

I think Wing CC get the notification, but anyone on their staff can pull it, or should be able to.  That's how it was explained to me.

Edit: you work in the medical field? Nice name lol

Edited by WannaFly2019