F-16 Was Used By Pakistan, IAF Displays AMRAAM Missile Part As Proof

waveshaper

The rumor is one IAF MIG-21 was shot down and one PAF F-16 was shot down in this little air-to-air engagement?

F-16 Was Used By Pakistan, IAF Displays AMRAAM Missile Part As Proof; All About The Evidence Presented by India (See Photos And Video):

https://www.latestly.com/india/news/f-16-was-used-by-pakistan-iaf-displays-missile-part-as-proof-all-about-the-evidence-presented-by-india-see-photos-and-video-669605.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darth said:

Why don't they have F-16 parts?  Just thinking out loud....

It's possible that the F-16 crash site is on Paki controlled turf and some of the AIM-120 missile debris landed on India controlled turf (That's if a PAF F-16 was actually shot down by a IAF MIG-21, "I have my doubts"). Also, there very well could've been numerous AIM-120 missiles fired in this little fight (TBD). This engagement happened near the Line of Control (on both sides of the LoC) that separates Paki controlled Kashmir (Azad Kashmir) from India controlled Kashmir (Jammu Kashmir). The IAF MIG-21 was shot down (ground air defense weapons or air-to-air weapons, TBD) on the Paki side of the LoC, the pilot (IAF Wing Commander) ejected over Paki controlled territory and is currently a POW.

3 hours ago, waveshaper said:

It's possible that the F-16 crash site is on Paki controlled turf and some of the AIM-120 missile debris landed on India controlled turf (That's if a PAF F-16 was actually shot down by a IAF MIG-21, "I have my doubts"). Also, there very well could've been numerous AIM-120 missiles fired in this little fight (TBD). This engagement happened near the Line of Control (on both sides of the LoC) that separates Paki controlled Kashmir (Azad Kashmir) from India controlled Kashmir (Jammu Kashmir). The IAF MIG-21 was shot down (ground air defense weapons or air-to-air weapons, TBD) on the Paki side of the LoC, the pilot (IAF Wing Commander) ejected over Paki controlled territory and is currently a POW.

Hopefully the IAF wing commander returns home safely.  That’s incredible that the wing commander led the charge on the mission.  Most of our wing commanders would be more concerned with everyone being green dot complete prior to the mission.  

Hopefully the IAF wing commander returns home safely.  That’s incredible that the wing commander led the charge on the mission.  Most of our wing commanders would be more concerned with everyone being green dot complete prior to the mission.  
In India (and other countries using the RAF rank structure) the "wing commander" title is their O-5 rank, O-6 is "group captain" (flipped compared to our ranks). +1 on getting him home and the situation deescalated though.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Steve Davies said:

Word is that, hungry for a kill, the Bison pilot chased the PAF Viper into Pakistan in order to get him into an R-73 WEZ. 

If the info below is true, the PAF F-16 pilot was also a "Wing Commander" (0-5/RAF Rank Structure in the PAF ).

Pilot of downed Pakistan Air Force F-16 Shahaz-ud-Din mistaken for Indian airman, lynched by mob;

https://www.firstpost.com/india/pilot-of-downed-pakistan-air-force-f-16-shahaz-ud-din-lynched-by-nowshera-mob-that-mistook-him-for-indian-airman-6180091.html

Edited by waveshaper

13 minutes ago, bennynova said:

India (our allies in this case) has Migs and Pakistan Has F-16s?

We have not always treated India as an ally.  Starting from the beginning of the Cold War and exacerbated by Nixon/Kissinger, we tended to side with Pakistan instead of India.  India then cozied up to USSR, hence why they have MiGs.

Trump is probably the first US president to flip this viewpoint, but it has largely been rhetoric. It will be interesting if this shift in foreign policy manifests itself now. 

54 minutes ago, bennynova said:

India (our allies in this case) has Migs and Pakistan Has F-16s?

Our Paki “friends” have old A model F-16s and brand new Block 52s, with AMRAAMs.  Did I mention they were friendly with the Chinese?

Sputnik (grain of salt) is reporting the Pakistani F-16 was shot down by a pair of MiG-21s

https://sputniknews.com/asia/201902281072828764-india-pakistan-air-strike/

More articles:

Indian Navy aircraft carrier sortied with AIS off...

Surgical Strike in Pakistan a Botched Operation?

Edited by Clark Griswold
Added articles

8 hours ago, waveshaper said:

Here's the latest info (IAF MIG-21 pilots version of events/Source - RT/grain of salt - caution applicable).

Splits & barrel rolls: Media lays out minute-by-minute account of India & Pakistan’s aerial dogfight;

https://www.rt.com/news/452973-india-pakistan-dogfight-report/

I've always thought worldwide media is hilarious when they discuss civilian aviation events.  This brings it to a whole new level.  Some of my favorite quotes:

penetrated Indian airspace in a “swarm merge attack formation.” -  Wow.  I wonder which they decide to do first?  Kinda sounds like a mid-air waiting to happen.

The opposing forces met at 10:01am. ..... while the last US-made fighter stayed on its path. It flew nearly 3km deep into Indian airspace, - Again - Wow.  3 whole km?  So, I guess that occurred around 10:01 and .....say...... 10 seconds?

The lone Pakistani jet was trailed by a MiG-21 Bison, piloted by Varthaman, and a Sukhoi plane. The Indian fighters performed a dogfight maneuver known as a ‘defensive split,’ effectively sandwiching the F-16, with the MiG flying ahead and the Sukhoi behind the PAF plane. - Uhhh.... so the Indians started with both their aircraft offensive, decided to fly a defensive maneuver and things finished up with the MiG-21 out front. :thumbsup:

The outlet noted that the Indian pilot could have turned around at that point and flown back home, but he decided to attack the escaping F-16 anyway. At 10:08am, Varthaman shot down the Pakistani fighter with an R-73 short-range missile. - So... once he was defensive, that would be the best time to "turn around...and fly back home"?  Yet, somehow he decided to stick around and engage the F-16...that was behind him?  Or I suppose the F-16 pulled his own defensive maneuver from the offensive position and got himself back out front. 🙄

I'm kind of picturing the SU-30 crew hawking the fight laughing - like watching a couple of drunks in a street fight for the sheer entertainment value.   Or more likely, the media has no idea WTF they're reporting on.  Either way - very funny.

Edited by JeremiahWeed
  • Upvote 3

On 3/1/2019 at 9:40 AM, waveshaper said:

If the info below is true, the PAF F-16 pilot was also a "Wing Commander" (0-5/RAF Rank Structure in the PAF ).

Pilot of downed Pakistan Air Force F-16 Shahaz-ud-Din mistaken for Indian airman, lynched by mob;

https://www.firstpost.com/india/pilot-of-downed-pakistan-air-force-f-16-shahaz-ud-din-lynched-by-nowshera-mob-that-mistook-him-for-indian-airman-6180091.html

Lots of WW2 USAAF /RAF bomber crews who bailed out over Germany got the same treatment from the locals before the Luftwaffe got to them. Probably the same with Japan, fire bombing pisses people off.

On 3/1/2019 at 2:17 PM, matmacwc said:

Our Paki “friends” have old A model F-16s and brand new Block 52s, with AMRAAMs.  Did I mention they were friendly with the Chinese?

according to this article, all their remaining Block 15s are MLU (except for the Jordanian once they recently acquired).  http://www.f-16.net/f-16_users_article14.html