Is there a new reg for walking and talking on the phone?

KPPV1

I was walking across the parking lot at NAS Fort Worth JRB and "got pulled over" by what passes for security and informed of the new rule saying no walking and talking on my phone.  If there ever was a clue that there were too many people making rules without real jobs that enhanced our mission to kill people and break their stuff, this was it.

• Like 1

Lol funny enough, any time we have AD inspectors on our base, they send out a base-wide message asking us to not talk on our phones while driving on base.  They want to avoid having to explain it to every inspector after the first few complained .  Guard bases are actually State property thus we're allowed to talk on our phones while driving on base.    

51 minutes ago, SocialD said:

Lol funny enough, any time we have AD inspectors on our base, they send out a base-wide message asking us to not talk on our phones while driving on base.  They want to avoid having to explain it to every inspector after the first few complained .  Guard bases are actually State property thus we're allowed to talk on our phones while driving on base.    

That would depend on the state. Washington State considers talking on the phone without a hands free connection a “E-DUI.” First offense is $136. Second offense, if within five years of the first offense, is $234.

On 2/27/2019 at 12:51 PM, KPPV1 said:

I'm sure this has been out for a while but I keep seeing peeps on their phones walking and talking in uniform. I can't seem to find the reg, anyone actually know the reg?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Baseops Network mobile app

IAW 36-2903 6.3.3.2 all of those people were executing official notifications or experiencing an emergency (like lunch). Show some respect for these professionals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3