Federal Judge in Tx Rules Draft Unconstitutional

ThreeHoler

It is/was only a matter of time... I doubt we're ready (as a country) to have this debate properly.

I'm also interested in how the communal bathroom/showers will go in a few years (if sexual orientation is irrelevant, then modesty? is no longer guaranteed/possible).  Either everyone in a single one (a la starship troopers... highly unlikely) or individual stalls/showers/etc.  The eventuality won't be as nearly entertaining as the transition.

Interesting thoughts from 20 years ago: 

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/8b33/c03ad294f32207a5a2ad0deecf1f4a16d8a8.pdf

"If Professor Wasserstrom is correct, then sex-segregated bathrooms provide an order that fosters a heterocentrist society. Why else do bathrooms segregate by biological sex? Trans men and women, homosexuals, and bisexuals confound the purpose of sex-segregated bathrooms. Trans persons introduce the possibility that the anatomy of the "opposite" sex is present in the bathroom; homosexuals and bisexuals introduce the possibility of same-sex sexual attention. If we recognize that we are all truly pansexual, however, then there should be no need for bathrooms segregated only by biological sex. Preserving both the anatomical mystery (as if anatomy is really a mystery in this day and age) and the heterocentrist focus is no longer a priority. We may want to have individual bathroom facilities or private stalls in communal facilities that allow for personal privacy and modesty. Similarly, separate stalls may serve to reduce the incidence of violence against women in bathrooms, but our current system of sex-segregated bathrooms makes no sense from a pansexual perspective."

18 minutes ago, matmacwc said:

Once this gets highlighted in the news, people ar going to lose their shit.

Maybe, it's largely symbolic still in the sense that his ruling didn't include an order to stop the status quo.  It's a double edge sword for any advocacy group that wants to raise a challenge to this by appealing it, though.  His argument that things have changed was because women now serve in combat roles and do the same things as men, unlike the last time there was such a ruling on the selective service.  Any counter will run very close to saying women aren't equal.

3 hours ago, Tonka said:

"If Professor Wasserstrom is correct, then sex-segregated bathrooms provide an order that fosters a heterocentrist society. Why else do bathrooms segregate by biological sex? Trans men and women, homosexuals, and bisexuals confound the purpose of sex-segregated bathrooms. Trans persons introduce the possibility that the anatomy of the "opposite" sex is present in the bathroom; homosexuals and bisexuals introduce the possibility of same-sex sexual attention. If we recognize that we are all truly pansexual, however, then there should be no need for bathrooms segregated only by biological sex. Preserving both the anatomical mystery (as if anatomy is really a mystery in this day and age) and the heterocentrist focus is no longer a priority. We may want to have individual bathroom facilities or private stalls in communal facilities that allow for personal privacy and modesty. Similarly, separate stalls may serve to reduce the incidence of violence against women in bathrooms, but our current system of sex-segregated bathrooms makes no sense from a pansexual perspective."

More academic bullshit from someone with too much time on their hands, cashing a government grant, pushing the everyone's special narrative and helping absolutely no one in the real world.

The fucking stalls don't fit my (imaginary) dragon-kin wings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tonka said:

It is/was only a matter of time... I doubt we're ready (as a country) to have this debate properly.

I'm also interested in how the communal bathroom/showers will go in a few years (if sexual orientation is irrelevant, then modesty? is no longer guaranteed/possible).  Either everyone in a single one (a la starship troopers... highly unlikely) or individual stalls/showers/etc.  The eventuality won't be as nearly entertaining as the transition.

Maybe it’s not representative of society at large but I’ve had co-ed bathrooms and showers on multiple deployments and it’s been a complete non-issue. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, KState_Poke22 said:

Maybe it’s not representative of society at large but I’ve had co-ed bathrooms and showers on multiple deployments and it’s been a complete non-issue. 

Let me know how you feel when your daughter turns 15. 

48 minutes ago, HuggyU2 said:

Let me know how you feel when your daughter turns 15. 

Ok? I’m not sure what being 15 has to do with this. The thread is about women being drafted into the military. And I provided an example of women in the military.

But I’ll let you know how I feel when my non-existent daughter turns 15 and doesn’t get drafted or join the military...because she’s 15. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tonka said:

BLUF: LBGTs are checking you out in the bathroom,.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tonka said:

I agree, more academic BS To further a sexual agenda, gross, while they go to the bathroom?

I've been to countries overseas that had similar setups. All stalls, no urinals.it was the nice full enclosure stalls though, not the shitty US kind we have with door gaps and other weird half assed mechanisms to only make you feel like you have privacy. Anyway, the setup wasn't really that uncomfortable as it was more like rows of indidual bathrooms rather than a single restroom for everyone. 

I remember going into the bathroom at the Playboy Club in Istanbul and there was a this old lady attendant standing in there. I didn't give it a second thought other than she better get out of my way before I barf on her legs (long story). It doesn't bother me if chicks are drafted (I got two boys) or are forced to stand in the bathroom while I take a growler. It's all inevitable.

On 2/25/2019 at 6:48 AM, Orbit said:

BLUF: LBGTs are checking you out in the bathroom,.

Those harvest falcons were bad enough. I'm waiting when they give female recruits buzz cuts and the same physical requirements before I call it gender neutral.

Edited by Prosuper
Content

18 hours ago, skibum said:

I remember going into the bathroom at the Playboy Club in Istanbul and there was a this old lady attendant standing in there. I didn't give it a second thought other than she better get out of my way before I barf on her legs (long story). It doesn't bother me if chicks are drafted (I got two boys) or are forced to stand in the bathroom while I take a growler. It's all inevitable.

The cleaning ladies at SHAPE regularly "dropped in" while I was in the middle of a good dump.  I figured they knew the risks involved when they signed up for the job...

Those harvest falcons were bad enough. I'm waiting when they give female recruits buzz cuts and the same physical requirements before I call it gender neutral.

Now that the AFI allows Uber short female haircuts...I’ve seen a lot of “male” haircuts on the womens.