UPT Next

norskman

16 hours ago, Danger41 said:

OMG that sounds amazing. Best 10 months of my life was casual.

This was very true especially at Whiting before big AF robbed people of that opportunity.  Worked 3 hours a day in flip flops and the squadron tee shirt (navy always wear sq colored shirts) cooking burgers on the flight line, then going to the beach and chasing women.  Life didn’t suck then. 

• Upvote 1

Sounds like a good group of cheap labor for the scheduling and training shops. Plus they'll have it figured out once their at their units.

Bring back casual Lt’s. I’m willing to wager that the increase in spicy corn production offsets the extra PCS costs of an ex-college student.

• 2 years later...

Vance AFB is conducting UPT 2.5 because “they were just so far ahead of the other bases”...LOL.

Anyone can sign up for stupid anytime they want, doesn’t make one “farther ahead”...I would NOT want to be dealing with this thing in mass as END right now. This thing is hard enough with a single flight SGTO.

Grade A way to become so overwhelmed you learn nothing (just wait until we sprinkle on a little timeline pressure), but that’s just one man’s opinion.

That whole syllabus is going to require a MASSIVE overhaul...not a bad try for writing it in a couple months when no one had any idea what they were doing.

Good luck to Vance & Randolph,
Not to mention Columbus & Laughlin,
~Bendy

Sent from my iPad using Baseops Network mobile app

After tanking pilot production for years at END, tanking pilot production at CBM last year, working its way through DLF this year…this monstrosity is up for a syllabus conference next month.

The draft already has a massive overhaul…shocking (for the better though). That syllabus, at this point, is like walking backwards and forwards at the same time.

Some revisions should help, but until there is real progress in artificial instruction and a learner-centric learning management system, things will only continue to revert back to where it started from (not that many would complain about that).

This T-6 syllabus has been such a mess and distracting, the actual 2.5 syllabus still isn’t done yet…not even close.

It took years, as is standard, right up to the wire, but the execution of the T-1 was stayed at the last hour by Congress. We’ll see how that plays out…

~Bendy

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bender said:

After tanking pilot production for years at END, tanking pilot production at CBM last year, working its way through DLF this year…this monstrosity is up for a syllabus conference next month.

The draft already has a massive overhaul…shocking (for the better though). That syllabus, at this point, is like walking backwards and forwards at the same time.

Some revisions should help, but until there is real progress in artificial instruction and a learner-centric learning management system, things will only continue to revert back to where it started from (not that many would complain about that).

This T-6 syllabus has been such a mess and distracting, the actual 2.5 syllabus still isn’t done yet…not even close.

It took years, as is standard, right up to the wire, but the execution of the T-1 was stayed at the last hour by Congress. We’ll see how that plays out…

~Bendy

Congress saved the T-1?

2 hours ago, Swizzle said:

Not yet…but 2 Senators from Mississippi are trying with NDAA amendment

This makes sense now. Has nothing to do with the quality of the T-1 training or service is provides the force..... nope..... im sure some 1-200 jobs in Columbus Mississippi are in danger of being wiped out now and that's going to reduce tax revenues for the city by $200K next year and bankrupt them...... 

• Like 1

Vance being the experimental test bed because they were so far ahead on timeline is maybe the fakest news I've ever heard in my life. In the 2018/2019 timeframe Laughlin literally sent instructors TDY to Vance solely to fly the line because of how far behind they were. Nothing against the Vance dudes in the trenches at the time.. the timeline problems were likely caused by manning blunders at levels far above them. 

The experimental programs started there because they were behind. That and yes-man commanders looking to get in the good graces of the aetc/cc at the time.

It's amazing how quickly you "fix" timeline problems by just chopping flights out of the syllabus. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boomer6 said:

If I recall class sizes in T-6s increasing by about 30% didn’t help the Vance bros back then. T-38 classes increasing from the norm of 3-4 studs to 10-11 with no increase in IP manning wasn’t super helpful either.

Do more with less. Synergy. DEI. no excuses. /s

36 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

You forgot about diversity.  That solves everything. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BashiChuni said:

Good test of DEI theory however, give DEI their own pilot training wing like days of past (what is old is new) see if they can do better powered by DEI espirit de corps. 

1 hour ago, Biff_T said:

You forgot about diversity.  That solves everything. 

Isn't DEI Diversity, Equity and Inclusion? Or is there another DEI I'm missing?

TBH: DE&I is an awesome concept. Its the way its polluted and practiced that make it nauseating. 

Edited by FLEA

29 minutes ago, FLEA said:

TBH: DE&I is an awesome concept.

So is "being kind to your fellow man" and "honesty and integrity".

But I see no need to have a dedicated office for each of those two wonderful concepts, run by a senior NCO who can provide programs on how I can do them better.  

• Like 7
  • Upvote 5

DEI is bullshit. No battle or war was ever won due to DEI racial makeup of the soldiers. 

Technical competence and good leadership is what the AF should focus on. 

everything else is ridiculous woke nonsense that’s never won any dog fight or dropped any bomb. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

DEI is bullshit. No battle or war was ever won due to DEI racial makeup of the soldiers. 

Technical competence and good leadership is what the AF should focus on. 

everything else is ridiculous woke nonsense that’s never won any dog fight or dropped any bomb. 

Not sure where you come from but where I grew up good leadership was treating people fairly and being inclusive of people who may have been different from the in crowd. It was also seeking a variety of opinions on a matter before making a decision......

Suffice to say winning a dogfight or dropping a bomb has also never won a war.... Rather, a cohesive strategy developed by professionals derived from a wide variety of professional backgrounds and experiences has gotten us much further. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, FLEA said:

treating people fairly and being inclusive of people who may have been different from the in crowd. It was also seeking a variety of opinions on a matter before making a decision......

Which is all the antithesis of the “DEI” movement today. “DEI warriors” are the most exclusive, close-minded, hypocritical, racist, sexist, shittiest humans in this country. I could add more adjectives, but those will suffice for now. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

8 hours ago, FLEA said:

Not sure where you come from but where I grew up good leadership was treating people fairly and being inclusive of people who may have been different from the in crowd. It was also seeking a variety of opinions on a matter before making a decision......

Suffice to say winning a dogfight or dropping a bomb has also never won a war.... Rather, a cohesive strategy developed by professionals derived from a wide variety of professional backgrounds and experiences has gotten us much further. 

Meanwhile the Russians are using rape as a tactic.  

I would argue dropping those two really big bombs on Japan helped win at least one war. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, brabus said:

Which is all the antithesis of the “DEI” movement today. “DEI warriors” are the most exclusive, close-minded, hypocritical, racist, sexist, shittiest humans in this country. I could add more adjectives, but those will suffice for now. 

As mentioned in my above post, don't let the SJW polluters sequester what is basically good leadership basics with their polluted distortion of it. DEI is everywhere on the outside world in business. The people carrying it day to day aren't concerned with what your privilege score is or whether you are sufficiently guilty as a white person. 

10 minutes ago, FLEA said:

The people carrying it day to day aren't concerned with what your privilege score is or whether you are sufficiently guilty as a white person. 

What are they concerned about then?

18 minutes ago, Biff_T said:

What are they concerned about then?

There are behaviors that happen within the organization that whether we like it or not that are discriminatory. Example: there are still many officers who believe shaving waivers somehow make someone less of an airman, despite the fact that it is a MEDICAL waiver used to treat what can be a very serious skin condition that disproportionately effects 1 subcategory of people. And those officers STILL believe that people on shaving waivers should be prevented from solid opportunities for career growth like being a first shirt, recruiting, working for the T-Birds, appearing in a news article. 

Neurodiversity is becoming another hot topic now. Why is the DoD still discriminating against adult ADHD when it's been proven this is a neurological condition that has strengths but is also professionally overcomable. 

Outside the AF though it's going to be your DEI officers who are going to ensure that if you are a disabled veteran taking classes at university you get accomodations to help you take exams. Perhaps you need a service animal, or more time because you write with your left hand now due to an injury. 

DEI officers are out in the Dept of Labor and US Chamber of Commerce right now arguing to employers how academically powerful military spouses are as an untapped labor resource. 

Edited by FLEA
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, FLEA said:

As mentioned in my above post, don't let the SJW polluters sequester what is basically good leadership basics with their polluted distortion of it. DEI is everywhere on the outside world in business. The people carrying it day to day aren't concerned with what your privilege score is or whether you are sufficiently guilty as a white person. 

Glad that’s been your experience, but my experience with multiple large companies in the business world has been exactly what I stated. It’s pervasive and unfortunately probably a lot more planted than you think it is. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2