Joe Baugher Aircraft Serial Numbers

IMUA

http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_serials/usafserials.html

I’ve randomly perused this guys stuff for almost 10 years. He digs up some interesting data on these war machines and didn’t see him posted on here before so I thought i’d share.

He catalogs most if not all public military aircraft bureau numbers and their associated history.  It’s pretty thorough (imo) and is updated regularly.

On a cautionary note...i’ve literally “wasted” hours of my life on this site because i just kept going down the rabbit hole. It is a deep one...

Enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lloyd christmas said:

Check out the F-105s built in 1962.  I would estimate 95% of them were either lost in combat or were written off in accidents/crashes.  Absolutely crazy....

Not sure of the accuracy, but I had heard over over 50% of the F-105 production run was lost in Vietnam.  I also think the early ones also had an issue with randomly blowing up.  Still would loved to have flown on.

Awesome website.  

A similarly interesting site.  Searchable databases of accidents.  While you don't get the full report for free, basic information regarding aircraft type, location, pilot name and cause are provided for free.  Full reports can be purchased (I've bought a few myself).

Aviation Archaeology

I too have spent many hours on both of these sites.