TBAS Airplane/Horizontal Tracking Simulator

donkey

Hate to resurrect this old thread (again - feel free to flame me).  I tried PM'ing a few people on this thread and it appears most are no longer active.  Anyone perchance have this file?  Trying to retake the TBAS soon so anyone who might still have these files it would be greatly appreciated.  

I just learned the program is considered test compromise. That probably being the reason its no longer hosted? There is an app called MultiTask in the playstore that will help refine those motor skills without giving away the test.   

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 10:13 AM, tarheelaviator said:

Hate to resurrect this old thread (again - feel free to flame me).  I tried PM'ing a few people on this thread and it appears most are no longer active.  Anyone perchance have this file?  Trying to retake the TBAS soon so anyone who might still have these files it would be greatly appreciated.  

I am looking for it too and have the same question

20 hours ago, little buddy said:

I am looking for it too and have the same question

Unfortunately I just went ahead and took it again this morning.  Think the people that have it are no longer active here.  You can practice some multi tasking, memorization and play FPS (with an inverted axis)/Flight sims to help prepare.  Seems to have a bit more on the retake.   

• 1 month later...

Long time lurker, new poster...

Just took the TBAS. Week or two prior, basically flew combat flight sims doing 1v1 BFM and that seemed to help on the stick/rudder skills. 

Also not sure if recommended already, but check the app store for Pilot Aptitude Pro. I've been playing that off and on for weeks and it helped speed up the brain on multitasking portion. 

Had a 91 AFOQT pilot going in with no flight hours.  After bombing the UAV portion, still squeaked a 59. My 201+ score is a 95 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/24/2020 at 9:53 AM, Fat Tony said:

Did you get that simulator? and if so did it help? 

I used it and it boosted my score ~20 points. I highly recommend it. 

What are recommended resources for AFOQT? I used peterson's and a guide (Complete AFOQT guide by Todd Philips) off of Amazon so far. 

For TBAS I used the flashcards and may consider buying that software that someone posted up earlier. 

Only 0.5 flight hours from a discovery flight so not sure how well I'll do given the PCSM focuses so heavily on flight hours. 

18 hours ago, mayflower09 said:

What are recommended resources for AFOQT? I used peterson's and a guide (Complete AFOQT guide by Todd Philips) off of Amazon so far. 

For TBAS I used the flashcards and may consider buying that software that someone posted up earlier. 

Only 0.5 flight hours from a discovery flight so not sure how well I'll do given the PCSM focuses so heavily on flight hours. 

Hey mayflower09, can you update us on your TBAS/PCSM score? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! 

Sorry for leaving you hanging, I would HIGHLY recommend you use this software to boost your TBAS scores. It's definitely worth every penny and gives you a real feel for your TBAS exam to prep. I ended up pushing back my TBAS exam just so I can purchase this and very glad I did!

You can check out https://tbastestprep.com/ for the software program. 

As for my AFOQT, looks like I should've spent more than a few days to study for it... didn't do too well so might take it again in 6 months but I'm hopeful I will do well on the TBAS using this software program from tbastestprep.com. I'll wait for my PCSM score to see if I need to take the AFOQT again. 

Date TCO Form/Version Pilot Navigator Acad Aptitude Verbal Quantitative
July 09, 2020 XXXX T/2 43 46 66 89 49

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2022 at 6:12 PM, 7thokage said:

Tbastestprep.com

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

I purchased this software in July 2022 and they never sent me a software access key. Took my $60 and I couldn't even use it. Emailed all the addresses I could find with no response. Purchase at your own risk. Now I'm fighting with the bank for my money back.

This video helped me the most:

Best of luck to all!

I purchased this software in July 2022 and they never sent me a software access key. Took my $60 and I couldn't even use it. Emailed all the addresses I could find with no response. Purchase at your own risk. Now I'm fighting with the bank for my money back.

This video helped me the most:
[/url] Best of luck to all!

Hmmm. That’s a first I’ve seen. Myself and many others have purchased it and used it successfully. That’s strange that you didn’t receive a product key. You know you can access the code via their website, right? Via “My Account”

18 hours ago, 7thokage said:

Hmmm. That’s a first I’ve seen. Myself and many others have purchased it and used it successfully. That’s strange that you didn’t receive a product key. You know you can access the code via their website, right? Via “My Account”

I'm not sure if it is the account or my equipment. I've tried mobile, desktop, Microsoft, Apple, Samsung, and all the different internet applications and any time I click on a link in 'My Account' it just takes me back to the TBASTESTPREP home page. If someone knows the developer, have them answer their emails lol

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure if it is the account or my equipment. I've tried mobile, desktop, Microsoft, Apple, Samsung, and all the different internet applications and any time I click on a link in 'My Account' it just takes me back to the TBASTESTPREP home page. If someone knows the developer, have them answer their emails lol

DM me and I’ll send you my product code

For those that have used tbastestprep.com and their software, can anyone provide a reference of scores they were getting on the software for the different subtests, and if you have already taken the TBAS what PCSM score you got along with pilot score & hours? Trying to gauge where I'm at if possible, just got the software over the weekend and have the TBAS scheduled for October.

For example, on the airplane & horizontal tracking test on the software I've been getting around 20-25k so far, I'm sure I'll be able to improve that with practice and that's my goal this next month to improve as much as possible, but would be nice to have an idea whether that is a good start or not. I know the scoring of the actual TBAS is confidential just looking for some little bit of correlation if possible. Appreciate it.

For those that have used tbastestprep.com and their software, can anyone provide a reference of scores they were getting on the software for the different subtests, and if you have already taken the TBAS what PCSM score you got along with pilot score & hours? Trying to gauge where I'm at if possible, just got the software over the weekend and have the TBAS scheduled for October.

For example, on the airplane & horizontal tracking test on the software I've been getting around 20-25k so far, I'm sure I'll be able to improve that with practice and that's my goal this next month to improve as much as possible, but would be nice to have an idea whether that is a good start or not. I know the scoring of the actual TBAS is confidential just looking for some little bit of correlation if possible. Appreciate it.

Get to 70-80% on target for tracking. High as humanly possible for multitasking - keep improving. Click an answer the second the prompt finishes talking for directional orientation. Less than or around 1 second response time with 100% accuracy.

I got a 97 @42 hours prior to the score change

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 7thokage said:

Get to 70-80% on target for tracking. High as humanly possible for multitasking - keep improving. Click an answer the second the prompt finishes talking for directional orientation. Less than or around 1 second response time with 100% accuracy.

I got a 97 @42 hours prior to the score change

Thanks dude, what was your afoqt pilot score? Mine was 97 and I'm well over the 60 hours so my PCSM should be great as long as I do well on the TBAS.

Getting around 66% (for both) most of the time on the combined tracking (with the default settings), haven't done it separated out but will try that too and expect it to be much higher. I'll keep working to get it higher but haven't seen much progress the past few days.

Directional orientation has been easy, at 100% at around .8 response time, been doing about 50 at a time -- thoughts on that, should I do more/less in one sitting?

Any idea what numbers you had for multitasking? I feel pretty confident about mine and this I have progressed a lot on. Started at around 800 total score in 10 minutes, now up to 1283 on my most recent try (310 letters, 699 math, 229 gauge, 45 radio). Any thoughts on if doing that in 10 minute increments makes sense, or should I go longer/shorter?

Also, the software doesn't have the emergency situation subtest on it, and it doesn't appear to be mentioned on the official PCSM website under TBAS info, was this removed from the TBAS? 

Anything else you can provide is much appreciated, well aware of them not wanting people to share info from the actual test so if there's things you can't share in response to my questions, understood.

Thanks dude, what was your afoqt pilot score? Mine was 97 and I'm well over the 60 hours so my PCSM should be great as long as I do well on the TBAS.

Getting around 66% (for both) most of the time on the combined tracking (with the default settings), haven't done it separated out but will try that too and expect it to be much higher. I'll keep working to get it higher but haven't seen much progress the past few days.

Directional orientation has been easy, at 100% at around .8 response time, been doing about 50 at a time -- thoughts on that, should I do more/less in one sitting?

Any idea what numbers you had for multitasking? I feel pretty confident about mine and this I have progressed a lot on. Started at around 800 total score in 10 minutes, now up to 1283 on my most recent try (310 letters, 699 math, 229 gauge, 45 radio). Any thoughts on if doing that in 10 minute increments makes sense, or should I go longer/shorter?

Also, the software doesn't have the emergency situation subtest on it, and it doesn't appear to be mentioned on the official PCSM website under TBAS info, was this removed from the TBAS? 

Anything else you can provide is much appreciated, well aware of them not wanting people to share info from the actual test so if there's things you can't share in response to my questions, understood.

There is no emergency situation subtest. And your numbers look good - I would keep up with what you’re doing and just try to beat yourself. Based on your performance you should do very well.

I had a 97 pilot as well.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 7thokage said:

There is no emergency situation subtest. And your numbers look good - I would keep up with what you’re doing and just try to beat yourself. Based on your performance you should do very well.

I had a 97 pilot as well.

Sounds good, thanks for the insight. Have been making more progress since that post so feeling confident.