Points, no pay?

Hey guys,

I’m a reservist pilot with a full time civilian job. I am finding it harder and harder to keep up with my currencies in the jet. Not to mention regular deployments and constant pay headaches. My heart is simply not into my job as a pilot anymore. I am nearing the point of dread every time I have to make the drive to the base. I have 2 years 5 months until retirement. I am looking for a seriously part time gig and even willing to go the points, no pay route if it means I can log points towards retirement, and not miss out on my civilian job and family events anymore. 

Does anyone have any good ideas on where to start? I have looked into the admissions liaison officer route, but that’s a tougher nut to crack than I thought. 

I apologize for the sob story, but I’m looking for some real advice.

thanks

Look into a Joint Force HQ staff, either VA, WV, or MD for your location. Those guys are usually true traditionals, doing the minimum. I’m not sure if NGB has traditional positions or not-could be an option. You may be limited since retraining is not an option for you. 

• 3 weeks later...