New AFPC commander a pilot

LookieRookie

17 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

As an aviator he is legit, as a combat leader he was beyond legit.  I know Boomer very well and had hoped he would be more effective at turning the ship.  A year after he took over we were having a private conversation.  We we talked about some of the changes, somethings that had yet to change and some recent buffoonery including silly shit like SECAF puking all over a Tbird.  I think I said something to the effect of "how can you let some of these things happen?"  He took a breath and replied "CH, you would be surprised how little power I actually have."  I'm not trying to defend him, just saying we need to keep the context of the political climate and political beasts that actually run the show.  Maybe if a few of these four stars spoke out and fell on their swords it might be different...but I've yet to see anyone with the selfless stones to do it.

Valid, however he was also the one at my base in 2013 who was telling a room full of us AETC instructors how he was going to cut all the manning that was an overage at once, instead of per fiscal year, and what a good idea that was (which it wasn't). Which, as people know now, was to buy more F-35's since he was told he wasn't cutting the A-10.

Edited by Azimuth

On 8/14/2018 at 1:01 PM, disgruntledemployee said:

Yeah, but were they really pilots?  I sat in the back of the plane one day while McDew subjected the earth to his soul crushing landings.  I closed my eyes, braced for impact, and let out a Jesus! as I expected the gear to collapse each time.  Tr'ble, just tr'ble. 

Interesting.  Not my favorite guy but flew with him once when he was an O6 and was taken aback at how good he was.  Wasn't expecting it for some reason.  Guess things atrophy