It's Official, OCPs are Coming!

Vimix22

Call me weird but I prefer the coyote boots and tshirt over the sand shirt and green boots. I thought we’d look like a bunch of Marines running around, but I think it actually looks good. Plus, Nike makes some stupid comfortable boots. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/19/2020 at 4:55 AM, Danger41 said:

What are some comfortable under shirts you guys use? The squadron issued coyote brown ones are garbage and I will spend on good, comfortable undershirts that don’t make living in Florida extra hot.

I was issued a stack of the XGO flame retardant shirts, and they are amazing.  Super lightweight and dry quickly.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone who has multiple sets of wings...is it just me or is there just no possible way to fit a second set on the OCP flight suit?

It just seems weird, I have double wings on my leather coat name tag, my green bag name tag, my service dress jacket, and on my now defunct ABUs.

Anyone cracked this nut or should I just give up?

Edited by nsplayr

46 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

For anyone who has multiple sets of wings...is it just me or is there just no possible way to fit a second set on the OCP flight suit?

It just seems weird, I have double wings on my leather coat name tag, my green bag name tag, my service dress jacket, and on my now defunct ABUs.

I gave up.  I always wore both sets of wings on my green bag and blues but with Velcro on the 2 piece multi-cam it just looks weird.  I will say that I’ve seen a guy that permanently sewed both sets of wings onto his OCP two piece and that looked ok.

12 hours ago, nsplayr said:

I have both sets of my wings on my OCP and I think they look fine. I have both the old school DriFire multicam and the new Massif OCP and I personally think they look fine.

The DriFire blouse has more room above the pocket to fit so it looks better, with both wings on the Massif OCPs they push right up next to the seam.

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, Scooter14 said:

Question for those in the know. I just my hands on an OCP Massif jacket with “aircrew” style Velcro installed (not the name strips). I’m going TDY to Osan for a month. Is it legal with the green bag?

And to further that comment, you will find the leadership at Osan gives very few fucks about shit like correct uniform match ups. They are very focused on the problem only 50km north. One of the reasons its was the best assignment I ever had. 

• Like 2

And to further that comment, you will find the leadership at Osan gives very few s about shit like correct uniform match ups. They are very focused on the problem only 50km north. One of the reasons its was the best assignment I ever had. 

It’ll be my first time there, I’m really looking forward to day 15 when I can leave the quarantine dorm and actually do stuff.

Well if you guys  are going out for the reason I think youre going its not the best exposure, especially with COVID. However, hopefully you took some leave so you can see some sights etc...  It really was one of my favorite assignments. If I were going to stay in, I would volunteer to go back in a heartbeat. 

Well if you guys  are going out for the reason I think youre going its not the best exposure, especially with COVID. However, hopefully you took some leave so you can see some sights etc...  It really was one of my favorite assignments. If I were going to stay in, I would volunteer to go back in a heartbeat. 

No leave enroute authorized. I’m hoping with two vaccines and a 14 day quarantine I’ll be able to get out a little bit.

It is what it is.