New AMC Commander?

The Active Duty Wing at Macdill just had a Guard O-6 as the Wing Queen. A few years ago the Montana ANG had a career Herk driver Active Duty O-6 Wing King while they converted from Eagles to Herks. Must be the newest rage in the MAF.

11 minutes ago, Azimuth said:

The Active Duty Wing at Macdill just had a Guard O-6 as the Wing Queen. A few years ago the Montana ANG had a career Herk driver Active Duty O-6 Wing King while they converted from Eagles to Herks. Must be the newest rage in the MAF.

It's going on in ACC as well.  At least one Guard fighter squadron has had an AD O-6 as a WG/CC in the last several years.  

I concur the rumint has been out there for the past 3-4 months.  I didn’t believe it at first either, but alas, here we are.  I guess even the Generals are in a rush to get their line numbers...

I personally think it will be one extreme or the other.  Either "I've been a reservist for XX years, so you guys have carte blanche to do what needs to be done to make stuff better and make the mission happen" or things basically get put on hold for however many years she is in the seat.

5 hours ago, Warrior said:

So is this a good thing? Anyone care to start rumors on what direction she'll take AMC?

I’ve heard good things. But at the same time I’ve also heard “a current commander in AMC” tell another GO once that “the organization will run itself if you just let it...” I’d say that is the prevailing wind at this point.

Steady as she goes gents, don’t expect the boat to rock. I wouldn’t expect meaningful or impacting change anytime soon. We’ve got a years-long wait until the brains, wild cards, and innovators make rank... if they last.

Chuck

Edited by Chuck17

Confirmed from inside sources.

As for the future, who knows. It appears her most important aspect in leading AFRC was to remain neutral and ensure future advancement. We can also now celebrate another first for LGBTQXYZ.

1 hour ago, skibum said:

As for the future, who knows. It appears her most important aspect in leading AFRC was to remain neutral and ensure future advancement. We can also now celebrate another first for LGBTQXYZ.

There it is.  Now a requirement.

I think I missed something, is she lesbian?

On a positive note, her three years as an ART/C-5 pilot should prove the validity of the "flying only" track not being a career killer for future command opportunities...

It appears as if something's up in AMC for a ARC asset to be placed in charge, not that it'll ever make down to masses. I hope that some of the Reserve mentality makes it into AMC's thinking to slay some of the queep.