Fly-Only Track in AMC

nsplayr

We haven't even talked about the fact that by the time they offer this to you, you've already had to check the box on a bunch of the dumb BS jobs that are driving people out in the first place.  Thinking things like group/wing exec jobs, RAs or DTS monkeys.  No commander in his right mind is going to let some Lt/Capt get off saying he wants on the technical track so he's not doing the exec gig.  So at the point you're eligible for this you've already been groomed like its not going to happen.   Oh and if you read carefully they say you'll still be able to come back and command if you want to out of this track, so I'm sure that's gotta be code for you'll still need ACSC in correspondence "just in case"

If they want this to work they've got to start way earlier than majors and with less ADSC tied to the end of it.  

Tie the fly only track to a bonus or some sort of incentive program that pays the lowest pay scale out of all the majors and factors in the current pay scale at that time and adjusts at 5 year increments and ADSC.

Keep the current bonus structure for those that want to do more than fly only.

I received the AFPC spam bot today trying to sell the ATT. The last sentence said that selectees will go TDY to Scott for a signing in “ceremony.” The Bobs just can’t wait to congratulate themselves on this one. 

I received the AFPC spam bot today trying to sell the ATT. The last sentence said that selectees will go TDY to Scott for a signing in “ceremony.” The Bobs just can’t wait to congratulate themselves on this one. 

Did you also see you need Wg/CC approval to even apply?

2 hours ago, osulax05 said:

Say you’re going to sign, get a free trip to STL, then right before signing tell The Bobs that you’ve changed your mind for needs of the family and don’t sign. They can understand need changes.

Make a note of any CC who gets upset with you so once you’re flying with the majors, you can help blacklist them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, LookieRookie said:

Looking at PSDM, this alpha test seems to be a shiny penny small group try out, at least that's how all the rack and stack appeared to me.

But isn’t it the point that this program is designed to attract the not-so-shiny penny types? The AF already has a retention measure in place for their shiny pennies and their large egos...it’s called HPO status. 

1 minute ago, WheelsOff said:

But isn’t it the point that this program is designed to attract the not-so-shiny penny types? The AF already has a retention measure in place for their shiny pennies and their large egos...it’s called HPO status. 

HPO status may have been a retention tool in the past, but I know a growing number of HPOs that are now flying for the majors.

2 hours ago, LookieRookie said:

Looking at PSDM, this alpha test seems to be a shiny penny small group try out, at least that's how all the rack and stack appeared to me.

So the ability to get off the track that requires you to compete for leadership opportunities is only offered to the people who have secured leadership opportunities?

Ah well...maybe enough HPOs will take the bait so some of the more rational types in the other 90% of the Air Force can become commanders.

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

So did anyone on here apply for fly only? Any feedback on the “program” so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard in the fall directly from AMC/A1KD that they hand picked the candidates to ensure their "records" would be competitive for future advancement (aka promotion), thus a few average Joe's who applied were denied entry. It was what, 8 who applied and 5 picked...forget. 

The reasoning was if they're not competitive now it wouldn't assure long term program success, put another way if these few don't promote the program will wither and die. 

Edited by Swizzle
Splng

“Empire Building”.  Like the old guy at Charleston AFB in the 80’s and 90’s whose sole job was to sit behind a window and hand out pubs to crews.  God forbid your chart got ripped or you needed a new chart or approach plate.  I made the mistake of walking into the pubs room and grabbing a chart I needed! He almost called the SP’s on me!

Edited by Vito
Grammer
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vito said:

“Empire Building”.  Like the old guy at Charleston AFB in the 80’s and 90’s whose sole job was to sit behind a window and hand out pubs to crews.  God forbid your chart got ripped or you needed a new chart or approach plate.  I made the mistake of walking into the pubs room and grabbing a chart I needed! He almost called the SP’s on me!

Otherwise known as any GS that works in the student admin flight of any TRS.

Otherwise known as any GS that works in the student admin flight of any TRS.

Thanks azimuth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk