Jump to content

It started with your shoes, then your water. Now the TSA wants your snacks.


HarleyQuinn

Recommended Posts

Can confirm. Was instructed to place a banana in its own bin for scanning going through Pensacola a couple months back. And I have pre-check and showed military ID. It was baffling.

Folks, if I wanted to use an airplane as a weapon, and I have a lot of training on how to do exactly that, x-raying my banana separately from the rest of my stuff ain’t gonna stop me.

FFS TSA it’s the “ultimate one guy shits his pants and now we all have to wear diapers forever” scenario. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Can confirm. Was instructed to place a banana in its own bin for scanning going through Pensacola a couple months back. And I have pre-check and showed military ID. It was baffling.

Folks, if I wanted to use an airplane as a weapon, and I have a lot of training on how to do exactly that, x-raying my banana separately from the rest of my stuff ain’t gonna stop me.

FFS TSA it’s the “ultimate one guy shits his pants and now we all have to wear diapers forever” scenario. 

I’m very interested to hear who did what with a banana to bring about that change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Folks, if I wanted to use an airplane as a weapon, and I have a lot of training on how to do exactly that, x-raying my banana separately from the rest of my stuff ain’t gonna stop me.


I thought you were a nav.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On July 2, 2018 at 2:04 AM, nsplayr said:

Can confirm. Was instructed to place a banana in its own bin for scanning going through Pensacola a couple months back. And I have pre-check and showed military ID. It was baffling.

Folks, if I wanted to use an airplane as a weapon, and I have a lot of training on how to do exactly that, x-raying my banana separately from the rest of my stuff ain’t gonna stop me.

FFS TSA it’s the “ultimate one guy shits his pants and now we all have to wear diapers forever” scenario. 

Says the Nav who supports even more stricter gun control laws--welcome to that big government that you love so much!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Petty Pilot 69 said:

Shots fired 

 

2 hours ago, HeloDude said:

Says the Nav who supports even more stricter gun control laws--welcome to that big government that you love so much!

Now shots have been fired! :sniper:

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, dream big said:

My preworkout triggered an explosive warning on one of their machines.  Caused a huge fuss and almost caused me to miss the flight.  Clowns.

I bet people in line were giving you the stink eye thinking, "Nice try terrorist, especially with your protein powder in a carry on."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, HeloDude said:

What was your response? 

Probably because we all are required to have a background check completed to join the military period. A vast majority of people in all branches have a Secret or Top Secret clearance. Makes sense for those clearances to give you TSA pre check access.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Probably because we all are required to have a background check completed to join the military period. A vast majority of people in all branches have a Secret or Top Secret clearance. Makes sense for those clearances to give you TSA pre check access.

Well, I asked RSD.

But to your point, then why make military members go through a metal detector, check their bags, etc?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Probably because we all are required to have a background check completed to join the military period. A vast majority of people in all branches have a Secret or Top Secret clearance. Makes sense for those clearances to give you TSA pre check access.

Worked out great for Maj Nidal Hasan.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ThreeHoler said:

The clearance doesn’t give you PreCheck. The federal background investigation does. Otherwise you just pay the $100/5 year fee to get it...to pay for the background check.

It also requires an in-person “interview” and a fingerprinting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...