It started with your shoes, then your water. Now the TSA wants your snacks.

HarleyQuinn

14 hours ago, Right Seat Driver said:

No shit, I've had a TSA dude ask me once why military members are "entitled" to TSA pre-check.

Should've told him he had a piece of flag stuck to his shoe and see if he looked down to check

Edited by tk1313

4 hours ago, ThreeHoler said:

The clearance doesn’t give you PreCheck. The federal background investigation does. Otherwise you just pay the $100/5 year fee to get it...to pay for the background check.

I believe you're talking about Global Entry, which gets you PreCheck!

Still well worth it for anyone who travels a lot! 

7 hours ago, ThreeHoler said:

The clearance doesn’t give you PreCheck. The federal background investigation does. Otherwise you just pay the $100/5 year fee to get it...to pay for the background check.

You can't have a clearance without a background check being done period. When you are due for your clearance another background check is completed on you every single time. They are one in the same. That online form you fill out for your clearance goes to OPM. OPM is responsible for the adjudication of your clearance.  If you are denied a clearance or its revoked, do you think you are going through the TSA Pre Check line? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Right Seat Driver said:

I was caught off guard and basically said "I travel a lot on orders, but thank you for your service." I also didn't have the energy to expend on the discussion with the TSA agent.

It’s like explaining physics to a monkey ... doesn’t matter how much effort you put in, they’ll watch and listen intently .... then go right back to flinging shit at you. 

• Haha 2

Airline pilots should be able to carry a bazooka through security if they want...why the F does it matter?  It's not like we don't immediately have access to a crash axe, ability to put everyone to sleep in flight, and the biggest weapon of all the airplane itself!  Yet the Smurfs get all excited when they catch you with a big bottle of water or nail clippers.  It's a bunch of barely functioning individuals who have been given the authority to be assholes all they want with no recourse, but watch out if you as much roll your eyes at them.  

I have lost count how many times I have seen them giving some mom holding her small child or elderly individual in a wheelchair the full monty.  Meanwhile weapons (real weapons not nail clippers) still get through which I figure has something to do with them focusing on their social life with the other Smurfs as bags are going through the X-ray machine while they aren't even looking at the computer...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sneedro said:

Airline pilots should be able to carry a bazooka through security if they want...why the F does it matter?  It's not like we don't immediately have access to a crash axe, ability to put everyone to sleep in flight, and the biggest weapon of all the airplane itself!  Yet the Smurfs get all excited when they catch you with a big bottle of water or nail clippers.  It's a bunch of barely functioning individuals who have been given the authority to be assholes all they want with no recourse, but watch out if you as much roll your eyes at them.  

I have lost count how many times I have seen them giving some mom holding her small child or elderly individual in a wheelchair the full monty.  Meanwhile weapons (real weapons not nail clippers) still get through which I figure has something to do with them focusing on their social life with the other Smurfs as bags are going through the X-ray machine while they aren't even looking at the computer...

Des Moines Airport TSA had about at least 50 signs posted showing a confiscated handgun and ammo displayed EVERYWHERE stating they had "found" this last week and they are here to protect us.  Such a joke.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/investigation-breaches-us-airports-allowed-weapons-through-n367851

9 hours ago, uhhello said:

Des Moines Airport TSA had about at least 50 signs posted showing a confiscated handgun and ammo displayed EVERYWHERE stating they had "found" this last week and they are here to protect us.  Such a joke.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/investigation-breaches-us-airports-allowed-weapons-through-n367851

Hilarious!!  I wonder how many they missed?  They love to celebrate their success... 🙄

Edited by Sneedro

Google TSA missed weapons. It won't improve your opinion of TSA. My favorite are the stories of people that traveled with a weapon, realized it after the trip, and then notified, through an attorney, Congress or TSA of the TSA buffoonery. TSA is kabuki theater. 

• Like 1

Good grief.  I was mad when the TSA took a bottle of hot sauce out of the ziplock bag I had it in and it ended up opening and getting all over my running shoes!  This is just a bit worse!

3xqy64c2eme8kKetvldqFkC_-MjiASuiWGZ_BPveD1o.jpg?fit=crop&crop=faces%2Centropy&arh=2&w=960&s=47c89d8aaa27674326a8b7f89f002daa

Edited by spaceman

2 hours ago, Right Seat Driver said:

Hah, it is the best I could muster at the time. No doubt the TSA agent's due diligence make me feel extra safe flying that day.

I wasn’t being sarcastic, I was referencing An old Day Man post.  If you search “thanks for your service” in forums here, you’ll notice he’s right and it’s a sick burn!  Cheers 🍻

I don't think TSA ever caught one terrorist and also their agents have been accused of over 400 counts of petty theft. But on the other hand they do catch a bunch of dumb asses trying to bring stuff on a jet that has no business on a jet. https://www.tsa.gov/blog/2016/01/21/tsa-2015-year-review

1 hour ago, tac airlifter said:

I wasn’t being sarcastic, I was referencing An old Day Man post.  If you search “thanks for your service” in forums here, you’ll notice he’s right and it’s a sick burn!  Cheers 🍻

I assumed you weren't being sarcastic, guess the tone was lost in translation. Excellent data on an old post!

• Like 1