We’re doomed

HossHarris

"You are here to learn to kill people and break their stuff! You will become experts in the application of precision high explosives that can obliterate a 4 story building and its occupants! But, if that's too scary or too hard and sends you running to your safe space, pet this puppy.". Yep, we are hosed.

Westies... Stupid but cute. We've got one. 

• Like 2

I'll take the opposite tack: Every flying squadron should have a mascot, and dogs would be serviceable.  I argued for keeping a dog in the SOC at my first Reaper Squadron that could bark at Lieutenants when they stepped, but was told no because "it might poop inside".  Then one of the Lt's did exactly that.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, guineapigfury said:

I'll take the opposite tack: Every flying squadron should have a mascot, and dogs would be serviceable.  I argued for keeping a dog in the SOC at my first Reaper Squadron that could bark at Lieutenants when they stepped, but was told no because "it might poop inside".  Then one of the Lt's did exactly that.

Except for the fact that it clearly says "therapy dogs".  If some cadet thought he could sneak in a mascot as a 'therapy dog', he shouldn't have a mascot.  Not because it is dishonest, but because he's a pu$$y and doesn't deserve a mascot other than the butterfly he caught on the flowers he planted in his window to look at while he meditates and does yoga.

15 hours ago, guineapigfury said:

What does a Reaper pilot "step" to? The conex? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

They step to the Ground Control Station.  Some squadrons have those indoors, some in shipping containers outdoors, some have a mix.  The MCC/OPS SUP/TOP 3 does just what they would in any other flying squadron: verifies everyone is current, on the flight orders, ORM checks out, etc.

The Lt I referenced got annihilated at a naming, passed out in a supply closet and experienced a catastrophic blowout.  He was still wearing his flightsuit, which helped contain the damage ... somewhat.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1