Since we are throwing out random rumors, here is one. I personally saw the AFPC/CC today at Randolph in the DFAC and he told me he reads these posts and is delaying the release just to make you all sweat. 😉

Good luck to all of you! I was in the exact same position just over a year ago. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Vimix22 said:

Since we are throwing out random rumors, here is one. I personally saw the AFPC/CC today at Randolph in the DFAC and he told me he reads these posts and is delaying the release just to make you all sweat. 😉

Good luck to all of you! I was in the exact same position just over a year ago. 

I wouldn’t be all that surprised. At MFS we were told that the chief doctor regauraly visits the forums here. 

1 hour ago, Rated2014 said:

Oh I'm sweating it without his help! Lol. I can't count the amount of times I've passed people in my Sq and they ask me if I've heard anything yet. It's nice to have support, but I can't go an hour without someone reminding me about it. 

I know the feeling! My guess is next week. 🤞🏼

So I sent talked with AFPC today and like someone said earlier in this forum the selection list is with the AFPC/CC. They will notify FSS’s and CC’s once he signs off on it. They are trying to have it done before XMAS or by New Years. So pretty much if we don’t hear anything by this coming up Friday my money would be on after The New Years Break. 

47 minutes ago, UFTapplicant said:

So I sent talked with AFPC today and like someone said earlier in this forum the selection list is with the AFPC/CC. They will notify FSS’s and CC’s once he signs off on it. They are trying to have it done before XMAS or by New Years. So pretty much if we don’t hear anything by this coming up Friday my money would be on after The New Years Break. 

Ok, so once he signs off on it, that's when the CC'S will know and then we can find out. So does that mean we don't have to wait until they give people assignments before the list goes out?

2 hours ago, UFTapplicant said:

So if you’re basing your retirement plan decision on the board results... keep sweating 

22 minutes ago, FlyingSquirrel said:

So if you’re basing your retirement plan decision on the board results... keep sweating 

Why would the AF push their timeline to aide you and potentially hundreds of others in making a decision with potentially lifelong ramifications?

Just opt in. It hurts less.

Edited by IMUA
Diane
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, IMUA said:

Why would the AF push their timeline to aide you and potentially hundreds of others in making a decision with potentially lifelong ramifications?

Just opt in. It hurts less.

Brutal man, but true. Easiest way to choose retirement plan is this, if you’re already considering it, you won’t do a full 20 even if you get picked up. 

1 hour ago, UPTDreamer said:

Brutal man, but true. Easiest way to choose retirement plan is this, if you’re already considering it, you won’t do a full 20 even if you get picked up. 

If picked up the ADSC will push me out to 17.5-18 years, so I’ll absolutely do 20. If not, I’d opt in and file to separate the next day to chase a guard offer. Goal is to fly for the Air Force, I’m not too hurt if AD doesn’t work, I’d just like to line my finances up one way or the other. So fingers crossed for this month 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FlyingSquirrel said:

If picked up the ADSC will push me out to 17.5-18 years, so I’ll absolutely do 20. If not, I’d opt in and file to separate the next day to chase a guard offer. Goal is to fly for the Air Force, I’m not too hurt if AD doesn’t work, I’d just like to line my finances up one way or the other. So fingers crossed for this month 

Same mentality man, though I already opted in. Yeah, if I do 20 I lose .5 percent, big whoop i have other investments and what not, If not picked up for active, guard and reserve and get it at normal retirement age anyway. I see myself working till I’m old anyway 

8 hours ago, Fryeguy6 said:

Ok, so once he signs off on it, that's when the CC'S will know and then we can find out. So does that mean we don't have to wait until they give people assignments before the list goes out?

I know when the PSDM is released, the only selects who should know where they are going are those with the asterisk, indicating Euro-NATO (pending they follow suit with last year). I thought I had heard last year that guys find out where they are going via the training RIP.. not sure if anyone else has insight to that. 

I know that I’m supposed to go to SOS in the middle of January so I’m not entirely sure how that’s going to work.. hoping they’ll let me go so I don’t have to worry about it after training. Not sure if any of the “older heads” are in the same boat. 

32 minutes ago, TeafChief said:

I know when the PSDM is released, the only selects who should know where they are going are those with the asterisk, indicating Euro-NATO (pending they follow suit with last year). I thought I had heard last year that guys find out where they are going via the training RIP.. not sure if anyone else has insight to that. 

I know that I’m supposed to go to SOS in the middle of January so I’m not entirely sure how that’s going to work.. hoping they’ll let me go so I don’t have to worry about it after training. Not sure if any of the “older heads” are in the same boat. 

Same boat--supposed to go enroute to my next assignment (March). I'd like to get it knocked out, but I'll roll with whatever big blue directs.

• Like 1

@FlyingSquirrel NOTHING is guaranteed boss. I was a select that PCSd to my training base and am now a civilian. My life changed in just under 21months.  Just because it looks like the ADSC will take you out to 18 does not mean the AF has to honor it. It’s a one way contract...just like the bonuses they’re throwing around. You’re a capt based on your timeline so you know how the manning bowls/flows concept works. They’re flooding the coffer with bodies...so you know what they’ll drain it in  9-10 years when they realize they’re too fat. 

@TeafChief @Rage W. Regardless what you want to do in the AF i’d say go to SOS first. Yeah the kool aid is terrible but the (then) 5 weeks was a stupid nice reprieve from my ops tempo before hitting the UFT grind/MWS training grind. Made some really great friends in that 5 week vacation oh and some $. My CC (11 type) painted this picture on timeline:

6-7 year capt gets picked up makes 7-8 yr capt as you PCS, you enter 18 months of UPT (+casual/IFF) then graduate as a 8.5/9.5 year capt going up for O4 as a “student” mind you. Get to your MWS school (best case scenario 3 months) and start upgrading. What he was trying to get at is i would not be performing the duties of my rank/grade like my senior capt/new O4 peers. Fun fact you need a ETP to attend SOS after 8 years TIS. It’s easy and almost automatic so moot...but a thing. You’d be the new guy showing up causing extra paperwork. Not the best look according to my guy, showing up SOS complete looks better although i doubt it’s heavily weighted in a flying sq.

BL: you can push UFT dates back to work UFT/PME since you have the golden ticket in hand. My dates worked out well with a summer PCS/RNLTD. But my CC had to go to bat at the WG to move me up on the WG priority list to go to SOS. The wing used a standing seniorty approach for next up and i was the brand new guy. He pitched it, they bought it and I was off to SOS in April and finished in May.

Not at all trying to be a negative nancy but there are shitty realities out there that i went through. Just want to share my experiences so folks dont expect unicorns, rainbows, and smooth sailing once they get notified they achieved their lifetime goal.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, TeafChief said:

7 hours ago, Rage W. said:

Same boat--supposed to go enroute to my next assignment (March). I'd like to get it knocked out, but I'll roll with whatever big blue directs.

I’d say email the rated assignment team. I had to email to let them know I’m deployed so I don’t get a training RIP that has to be amended later on. They replied the next day and said they added the deployment dates to their database of applicants, and it would be easy to work around. They understand SOS has to happen, so I’m sure it would be just as easy - as long as you do it before the RIPs start falling. 

9 hours ago, TeafChief said:

Go to SOS first. You won't have any good time once you get into the pipeline.