Seeking Exception to Policy Request Package Example for Pilot Select

tgonzo29

Hello all,

I have spoken with some of you on the board regarding the Exception to Policy Request Package process. I am a Civilian OTS Pilot Select

Overview:

I was dq’d following my IFC-1 due to only being outside the cycloplegic refractive error limit. I was able to pass every other vision test. I have taken the following months to research the process, seek multiple medical opinions and have compiled what myself and other qualified people feel to be a very convincing package. I have submitted my package to my recruiting office. Before it is sent up the chain, the commander would like to see an example of a previously submitted and approved package to use as a comparison. I have contacted various ROTC detachments to find an example and I haven’t had any luck thus far

My background:

- Civilian, 27 years old

- Private Pilot working on instrument with almost 100 hours

- FAA 1st class medical zero restrictions

- Nearly two years working in aviation industry

- 10+ years playing competitive hockey at high levels

- In extremely good physical condition

What I am seeking:

- an example of a successful ETP package to compare with mine.

- advice from anybody with experience with this scenario

- a list of contents what needs to be included in a package to make it extremely convincing.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello all,

I have spoken with some of you on the board regarding the Exception to Policy Request Package process. I am a Civilian OTS Pilot Select

Overview:
I was dq’d following my IFC-1 due to only being outside the cycloplegic refractive error limit. I was able to pass every other vision test. I have taken the following months to research the process, seek multiple medical opinions and have compiled what myself and other qualified people feel to be a very convincing package. I have submitted my package to my recruiting office. Before it is sent up the chain, the commander would like to see an example of a previously submitted and approved package to use as a comparison. I have contacted various ROTC detachments to find an example and I haven’t had any luck thus far

My background:
- Civilian, 27 years old
- Private Pilot working on instrument with almost 100 hours
- FAA 1st class medical zero restrictions
- Nearly two years working in aviation industry
- 10+ years playing competitive hockey at high levels
- In extremely good physical condition

What I am seeking:
- an example of a successful ETP package to compare with mine.
- advice from anybody with experience with this scenario
- a list of contents what needs to be included in a package to make it extremely convincing.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks!

If no ETP success... Get PRK/LASIK. It’s a 6 months waiver wait and you’ll be good to go. As long as you are within pre-op specs.