Pilot Shortage Deepens, USAF is SCREWED.

ClearedHot

I'll be very surprised if Tricare is still there when I hit 60 (part timer retirement)...at least in anywhere near it's current form.  I'm fairly confident the pension will be there, although they may have long stopped yearly COLAs by the time I get there.  Like social security, when I run my retirement numbers, I assume it wont be there.  If they happen to be there, all the better.

Is it a pension or annuity? I’ve heard it both ways.

Well thank the good lord I’m getting an extra few grand back over the next 5-7 years from this tax cut...  

Actually, it seems tax revenue is up following the tax cuts. It probably would have increased without the reform due to the improving economy, but it doesn’t matter a whole hell of a lot when Congress keeps spending a shit ton more than we bring in.

I know sequestration hurt, but the massive omnibus we just passed is not the right answer. The pain will come sooner or later, and right now we’re just pushing that pain on to my future grandkids and I hate it.

1 hour ago, MooseAg03 said:

Actually, it seems tax revenue is up following the tax cuts. It probably would have increased without the reform due to the improving economy, but it doesn’t matter a whole hell of a lot when Congress keeps spending a shit ton more than we bring in.

I know sequestration hurt, but the massive omnibus we just passed is not the right answer. The pain will come sooner or later, and right now we’re just pushing that pain on to my future grandkids and I hate it.

I know of a few military operations we could conclude that would save a pretty penny. 😉 Not to mention reduce deployments, increase time at home, improve QoL.  

1 hour ago, DirtyFlightSuit said:

I know of a few military operations we could conclude that would save a pretty penny. 😉 Not to mention reduce deployments, increase time at home, improve QoL.  

But we've "turned the corner".....for the 15th time.

4 hours ago, MooseAg03 said:

....and right now we’re just pushing that pain on to my future grandkids and I hate it.

I ponder How many generations of Americans have said that in the past .... and yet the machine keeps on keeping on .....

• Like 1

On 5/17/2018 at 9:50 AM, joe1234 said:

They won't revoke it all at once. They'll chip at it little by little, along with Tricare to the point where it becomes imperceptible to the general public.

The big gamechanger will be when they change the AD retirement so that you start to collect at age 60, matching an ARC retirement.  It’s coming.  Hopefully we will be “grandfathered” in.  

13 hours ago, HossHarris said:

I ponder How many generations of Americans have said that in the past .... and yet the machine keeps on keeping on .....

That’s intentional and by design.  The defense industrial complex at its finest- too big to fail.

22 hours ago, HossHarris said:

Petrodollar cycle...

national debt doesn’t matter as long as you have the world reserve currency. 

On 5/18/2018 at 5:28 PM, MooseAg03 said:

Minor point, but Fed tax receipts data only goes through 2017 Q4 as far as I’ve seen and the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, signed into law in Dec of 2017, won’t be super notice let for workers until tax season 2019 for the CY2018.

The only real thing you could potentially see so far is when Q1 data from the Fed comes out if receipts are higher or lower than Q4 of 2017 since withholdings for most workers have been adjusted and businesses would have paid their first quarter of taxes at the new rates.

Like you mentioned however, it’s gonna hard to break out that signal one way or the other among the noise of the ebbs and flows of normal short-term economic expansion and contraction and also the long-term economic growth that has continued for many years now with only one quarter of data.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Edited by nsplayr