The Iran thread

Clark Griswold

Don't know if fake, or if Iran did it.... 

It’s not.

Post ad:

Interesting few hours. Lot of surprise from a lot of people honestly because they’ve all but finished the new nuclear deal (despite the Russians delaying).

I’ll be interested to see what happens after this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, SocialD said:

Pretty quite on this front, not even a peep so far in the MSM talking heads... 

Sounds like they hit "close by."

It's the second headliner on fox right now just below western military base (just a few miles from Poland) being struck in Ukraine. 

I don't think the Democrats are ready to deal with another embassy attack though. Most dangerous job in the world must be the foreign service during a Democratic president. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dream big said:

It validates that the Iran deal initially made.. and reinstated by current leadership was a terrible idea, so why would MSM even cover it? Can’t let the sheep know they’ve been duped! 

What's being reinstated won't be nearly as good as what we had. We had no bargaining leverage going into the current negotiations and Iran had a ton. 

20 hours ago, FLEA said:

What's being reinstated won't be nearly as good as what we had. We had no bargaining leverage going into the current negotiations and Iran had a ton. 

If Iran is watching Ukraine, they have zero interest in negotiating with the US.

Why would any country give up their nukes in exchange for US premises of protection. See also: Libya.

Edited by pawnman
  • Upvote 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, nsplayr said:

Yea damn we should negotiate a deal with them where they maybe wouldn’t be allowed to do this in exchange for economic benefits…IDK just spitballing here.

Yeah, that would work.  Maybe they could have called it “Peace of our time”…since negotiating to give evil what they want has usually worked out pretty well in the past.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yea damn we should negotiate a deal with them where they maybe wouldn’t be allowed to do this in exchange for economic benefits…IDK just spitballing here.

But wait we were assured this was strictly about energy production.

That must be some massively efficient energy what with pushing the envelope for weapons grade when you can make power with a third that level pretty much anywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2023 at 4:26 PM, nsplayr said:

You mean a deal where the continue to enrich and stockpile in secret while enabling proxy combat operations against the U.S. and get pallets full of billions of dollars delivered to them...sign me up bro!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2/20/2023 at 7:26 AM, nsplayr said:

Neville Chamberlain supports this message.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

You mean a deal where the continue to enrich and stockpile in secret while enabling proxy combat operations against the U.S. and get pallets full of billions of dollars delivered to them...sign me up bro!

I mean…when we backed out of the deal they started enriching again, yea. Wouldn’t you have done that too if you were them?

Not that the JCPOA didn’t solve all Iranian problems, it was a big help at solving the nuclear one. Glad we tore it up for absolutely zero gain, masterful diplomacy there!

Edited by nsplayr
  • Downvote 4

I mean…when we backed out of the deal they started enriching again, yea. Wouldn’t you have done that too if you were them?

Seriously?  You think they stopped?  You think they were open and honest and let us inspect all of their sites?  You seriously can't be that naive. 

Not that the JCPOA didn’t solve all Iranian problems, it was a big help at solving the nuclear one. Glad we tore it up for absolutely zero gain, masterful diplomacy there!

Almost as masterful as flying in a couple of billion dollars on pallets to help fund their terror activities.  I know you know this but Iran is directly responsible for the deaths of MANY Americans and the money Obama gave them helped pay for those actions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

Seriously?  You think they stopped?  You think they were open and honest and let us inspect all of their sites?  You seriously can't be that naive. 

Sure but are inspections better than no inspections? Is some international oversight better than none?

Concince me that we’re better off today after tearing up the JCPOA than before. There was supposed to be a “new, better deal” under Trump that did not happen.

The JCPOA wasn’t a magic wand, but it was better than what we have after Trump tore it up, which is absolutely fuck-all diplomatically. We had carrots and still retained sticks and now it’s only sticks…great work.

• Downvote 1

Am I the only one who thinks we need to just totally fuck up Iran and be done with their bullshit for a while? I’m not encouraging a protracted and decades long conflict…but I would love to see these anti-American rug makers silenced for a while and rendered incapable of inflicting further harm to us. I know of at least one nation who’d be willing to aid in the delivery of a quick and lethal response. 

Edited by Standby
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nsplayr said:

Sure but are inspections better than no inspections? Is some international oversight better than none?

We "inspected" what they let us inspect while they blocked other sites.  The "oversight" was an equal joke with them playing cat and mouse at every turn.  Seriously did you read any of the reports?

Concince me that we’re better off today after tearing up the JCPOA than before. There was supposed to be a “new, better deal” under Trump that did not happen.

We are 1000% better because this lunatic is gone...you know, the guy responsible for killing and maiming thousands of your brothers and sisters in arms.  Maybe putting them in check was part of getting to a new deal.

soleimani_ring_index.jpg?quality=75&stri

The JCPOA wasn’t a magic wand, but it was better than what we have after Trump tore it up, which is absolutely fuck-all diplomatically. We had carrots and still retained sticks and now it’s only sticks…great work.

Sorry my friend but JCPOA was a complete joke that served no purpose other than to refill Iran's cash coffers.  They continued to chase nukes while exporting terror and KILLING Americans.  Trump steadily reimposed sanctions on both Iran and anyone whole did business with them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Sorry my friend but JCPOA was a complete joke that served no purpose other than to refill Iran's cash coffers.  They continued to chase nukes while exporting terror and KILLING Americans.  Trump steadily reimposed sanctions on both Iran and anyone whole did business with them. 

Ok but where are we now? Trump tore up the Iran deal, reimposed sanctions and…what? Continue the narrative to today.

They continued/accelerated progress toward nuclear weapons and have continued/accelerated other nefarious activities including attacking American positions and killing people. So…lot of good that “diplomacy” did.

I would argue we were better off under an imperfect JCPOA than today where we have nothing but belligerence to offer.

Nothing about Iranian behavior today seems cowed in any way by Trump’s big talk, his tearing up of the deal, or killing QS, which I will admit, was a good move in hindsight given there was IMHO surprisingly very little direct response.

I agree Iran sucks and they were skirting the JCPOA, but what we have today is worse - open hostility with no avenue for a better outcome. They can’t and shouldn’t trust us and so I guess we’ll just trade blows until eventually we “totally fuck them up” as one strategic genius proposed above 🙄

No Nobel peace prize in your future @Standby 🤣 I would legit love to see a 3-COA presentation where the median COA (designed to bracket in the decision maker toward the staff’s preferred option) is titled “totally fuck them up.”

Edited by nsplayr
  • Downvote 1