Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

Sue was the patch an epic TDY patch? Picture?
Back in the day flying 135s I got called out for wearing my friends BNA guard c-130 sq patch and a TN flag instead of the US flag while tdy to Mildenhall. “I’m still wearing my sac patch, what’s the problem” was my response.

I was a BNA C-130 guy. Who was your buddy? DM me

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

5 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

This dude who was fired was TDY to Mildenhall last year and saw a tanker sq patch my brother had made and threw a hissy fit about it to local leadership. My brother laughed when he saw he got fired.

Well good then, another shoe clerk gets the boot. Although it’s his keen attention to your brother’s patch and obsession with appearances that probably got him to the GO ranks to begin with. 

11 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

The downside? The interim 19 AF/CC is douche canoe.

Really? I was a planner when he was the EARS/CC in an undisclosed location in SW Asia and thought he was pretty decent...although that was many moons ago and my homestation sq/cc was a douche canoe, so my comparative lens may have been rose colored.

14 hours ago, dream big said:

his keen attention to your brother’s patch 

STS lol

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Weapons Away said:

Really? I was a planner when he was the EARS/CC in an undisclosed location in SW Asia and thought he was pretty decent...although that was many moons ago and my homestation sq/cc was a douche canoe, so my comparative lens may have been rose colored.

He was my ex-wife’s Tweet Flt/CC at XL years ago. I flew with him at Fairchild years later when he was the Wing Exec/Patch and he turned around while we were flying and told me how terrible she was in UPT. I told him she was “terrible” enough to fly slick -130s flying LL, assaults, etc., while he flew a jet built when Eisenhower was POTUS in an anchor. He’s no Rat, but he’s the typical MAF douche.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Fifty-six & Two said:

Oh Rat...thanks for lending him to our world for two years. Seems like it took forever to recover from that.

1 hour ago, dream big said:

He tried to ban low levels for a while, that didn’t last long. 

Was there when he actively refused to do a defensive maneuver on his checkride because...expendables...and subsequently attempted to restrict all LRF ops to 30 degrees AoB.  Good thing he only topped out at GO.  

35 minutes ago, FourFans said:

Was there when he actively refused to do a defensive maneuver on his checkride because...expendables...and subsequently attempted to restrict all LRF ops to 30 degrees AoB.  Good thing he only topped out at GO.  

Sounds like a pussy!

"If i cant fly my aircraft, then nobody can!"- Pussy that limits AOB to airfames because hes a shitty pilot lol.  

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought
  • Upvote 1

On 5/13/2023 at 9:28 AM, FourFans said:

He never made it to GO, speculation about the JQP article of him firing five Sq/CC’s in a year. The current Dyess -130 Wing King is a buddy of mine and took over the 41st when he fired the previous Sq/CC. He’s an avid Rat hater.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

He never made it to GO, speculation about the JQP article of him firing five Sq/CC’s in a year. The current Dyess -130 Wing King is a buddy of mine and took over the 41st when he fired the previous Sq/CC. He’s an avid Rat hater.

Indeed.  He couldn't be more the polar opposite of Rat.  Glad he's the boss down there.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

IYKYK

200.webp?cid=ecf05e478bxn15zn1emz9cv0rio

I’m sure that had something (probably a big something) to do with it but the timing is odd.  Wg/CC CoC is next week.  Inspection final report hasn’t come out yet (I expect heads to roll then).  Answers given as to why not but no real answer as to why.  Kinda odd all around.

Edit to add, Grp CoC was supposed to be in 6 weeks so he was right at the end of his tour.

Edited by DirkDiggler
Additional info

23 minutes ago, DirkDiggler said:

I’m sure that had something (probably a big something) to do with it but the timing is odd.  Wg/CC CoC is next week.  Inspection final report hasn’t come out yet (I expect heads to roll then).  Answers given as to why not but no real answer as to why.  Kinda odd all around.

Edit to add, Grp CoC was supposed to be in 6 weeks so he was right at the end of his tour.

Wing CoC is next week and the outgoing Wing/CC is a BG Select...we all know AFSOC won't easily sacrifice a star.  That being said, fail a UEI when you have not asked for a SAV is a big fail.

I think Cat 5 has been eagerly hoping someone would provide a slight justification so he could fire them and prove what a non-nonsense tough guy he is.  It should have been a WG/CC, but that wouldn’t be the clean kill he was looking for.  No one will give 2 shits about this one on a personal level (he wasn’t an easy man to work for), so objective achieved without any blowback or future complications.  Machiavellian move.  Current & prospective O6s in the command should take heed.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Wing CoC is next week and the outgoing Wing/CC is a BG Select...we all know AFSOC won't easily sacrifice a star.  That being said, fail a UEI when you have not asked for a SAV is a big fail.

I have no doubt that the current Wg/CCs position and timing played into whatever the reasoning was.  However, direct from the Wg/CC’s mouth “this was not character or UEI related.”  When a sitting Sq/CC asked what he should tell his formation the reasoning was Wg/CC’s quote was “look in the mirror and fix your culture.”

Whole thing seems odd to me but totally within CAT 5’s MO.

33 minutes ago, DirkDiggler said:

However, direct from the Wg/CC’s mouth “this was not character or UEI related.”  When a sitting Sq/CC asked what he should tell his formation the reasoning was Wg/CC’s quote was “look in the mirror and fix your culture.”

Multiple sources have told me otherwise.

7 minutes ago, DirkDiggler said:

Interesting.  Able to share the details?

Unfortunately, no other than the failed UEI has several layers. 

In general if you fail are offered a SAV and decline there is very little wiggle room when the command shows up for a UEI and you have multiple people actively flying airplanes when they are non-current, along with a host of other issues.