Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

On 3/1/2023 at 6:01 PM, DirkDiggler said:

Harkens back to the SAC days.

Old instructor of mine used to be an EWO on BUFFs back in the 80s.  He claimed that SAC used to keep a stable of O-6s on standby at Offutt in the event a wing failed an inspection.  Said within hours of the failure the Wg/CC was relieved and his replacement was on a jet to the failing base before the day was out.  Different AF.

Never been on a failure but seeing Mx and Ops kick ass only to see supporting groups screw the pooch, didn't seem hard to pass, in SAC you followed the checklist to the letter and monkey got a banana. I guess away from the flight line mission focus is wanting followed by closing offices for functions or training.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, uhhello said:

Conduct PRIOR to taking command.  Written poorly.  

“Non criminal in nature” according to Okinawa Stars and Stripes…must have been shacking up with someone, or must’ve tweeted something anti-woke that they dug up. Either way, everyone I know that’s served with him has had good things to say..

4 hours ago, dream big said:

“Non criminal in nature” according to Okinawa Stars and Stripes…must have been shacking up with someone, or must’ve tweeted something anti-woke that they dug up. Either way, everyone I know that’s served with him has had good things to say..

Well I think I've uncovered the reason right here.  Too many good things to say about him...can't be having that type of leadership around here!  

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

This GO met with each new class of PIT students to remind them there is zero tolerance for sleeping with students or doing weed. Can’t wait to hear what the misconduct in question ends up being. Who knows, maybe he just made the mistake of voicing out loud that there are two genders..

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, brabus said:

He’s an eagle guy, sooo….

It's no longer a UCMJ violation to bang your bros, so this couldn't be it. Lol

• Haha 2

Sue was the patch an epic TDY patch? Picture?

Back in the day flying 135s I got called out for wearing my friends BNA guard c-130 sq patch and a TN flag instead of the US flag while tdy to Mildenhall. “I’m still wearing my sac patch, what’s the problem” was my response.