Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

3 hours ago, Swizzle said:

Something like this is pretty cut and dry, but he picked the worst AFSOC/CC to do this under.  CAT 5 will probably come off the 3rd floor and personally stab him in the face.

It was just briefed at the SOCOM CDRT that disciplinary incidents/issues within SOCOM are rapidly approaching the levels they were at prior to the “period of reflection”.  Not a good look.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sua Sponte said:

From the original link posted:

“According to Military.com, Lieutenant Colonel Christopherson was the commander of the 1st Special Operations Maintenance Squadron.”

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

He’s a contracting officer. I’m sure he’ll be enjoying his GS-13+ job in some SPO within a year.

Some day he'll look back on this a realize it's the best thing that ever happened to him.  A contracting officer should be able to do better than a .gov job.   

1 hour ago, RASH said:

Old school here…but why wouldn’t the Wing CC be the one to fire them?

Sent from my iPad using Baseops Network mobile app

Discipline withheld at one higher level maybe?

Something that 36-2907 or Military Commander and the Law might address...spitballin' here

21 hours ago, Swizzle said:

Discipline withheld at one higher level maybe?

Something that 36-2907 or Military Commander and the Law might address...spitballin' here

Very likely this. Officer discipline in 15th AF is held by the NAF. Likely the case in whatever NAF owns Minot. 

Edited by NUKE
Grammar

'Exclusive: US Air Force fires leaders for failing nuclear safety inspection:'

Note: Did they really mean 'Nuclear Surety Inspection' and not 'Nuclear Safety Inspection'?

'Two US Air Force commanders and four of their subordinates at a key nuclear base in North Dakota were relieved of duty this week after their units failed an inspection designed to ensure that the nuclear weapons stockpile is safe and secure at all times.' etc, etc.

Exclusive: US Air Force fires leaders at Minot Air Force Base for failing nuclear safety inspection | CNN Politics

Edited by waveshaper

Interesting. I’m about as far from working on nukes as it gets, but I find it interesting that it’s MSG and LRS that got the axe. I’d (perhaps ignorantly) assume that would have to do with the ability to deliver missileers to/from or something? It says it’s all classified results, but that just seems odd to me. Once again, well out of my lane so maybe I’m just stupid.

1 hour ago, waveshaper said:

Note: Did they really mean 'Nuclear Surety Inspection' and not 'Nuclear Safety Inspection'?

'Two US Air Force commanders and four of their subordinates at a key nuclear base in North Dakota were relieved of duty this week after their units failed an inspection designed to ensure that the nuclear weapons stockpile is safe and secure at all times.' etc, etc.

Exclusive: US Air Force fires leaders at Minot Air Force Base for failing nuclear safety inspection | CNN Politics

I noticed nobody was fired for letting a Chinese spy balloon examine those sites… 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, waveshaper said:

Harkens back to the SAC days.

Old instructor of mine used to be an EWO on BUFFs back in the 80s.  He claimed that SAC used to keep a stable of O-6s on standby at Offutt in the event a wing failed an inspection.  Said within hours of the failure the Wg/CC was relieved and his replacement was on a jet to the failing base before the day was out.  Different AF.

4 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Interesting. I’m about as far from working on nukes as it gets, but I find it interesting that it’s MSG and LRS that got the axe. I’d (perhaps ignorantly) assume that would have to do with the ability to deliver missileers to/from or something? It says it’s all classified results, but that just seems odd to me. Once again, well out of my lane so maybe I’m just stupid.

Any piece of equipment that is used for weapons handling has to be explicitly inspected and certified for nuclear support. LRS is responsible for a ton of vehicles and equipment.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, frog said:

Any piece of equipment that is used for weapons handling has to be explicitly inspected and certified for nuclear support. LRS is responsible for a ton of vehicles and equipment.

Yup.  On a nuke base, there aren't many base squadrons that aren't involved in the surety aspect in some shape or form.  

On 3/1/2023 at 6:05 AM, NUKE said:

Very likely this. Officer discipline in 15th AF is held by the NAF. Likely the case in whatever NAF owns Minot. 

That would be 20AF, famous for this guy...

The Mirror