Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

also seems like a false equivalency....wearing a "bad dragons" lanyard, which im sure is a inside "ha ha" joke with the aircrew, is WAY different then the paw pups guys putting on full pup bondage in uniform and posting to social media.

but knowing how our society and the air force works now there will be no nuance and everyone must comply with the lowest, and dumbest denominator. put your masks on...

Edited by BashiChuni
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm offended by dragons.  Especially if I'm not in on the joke. 

"Offended" is a word that has given many weak insignificant people a way to feel strong and important.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, DirkDiggler said:

Couldn't come at a worse time for the people caught up in this; CAT 5 just took over AFSOC a couple days ago.  He's going to crucify/proper FUCK anyone that he even suspects could possibly make him look bad. 

Truly one of the worst humans to ever put on a uniform and a classic example of rot in the system, I feel bad for the men and women in AFSOC and what is about to happen to them.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Danger41 said:

I’m glad the whistleblower is anonymous but had zero issues putting names, faces, and locations of several unit members out for all the world to see. WTFO.

Yeah that whole complaint sounded like a lesson in general douchebaggery.

3 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

Truly one of the worst humans to ever put on a uniform and a classic example of rot in the system, I feel bad for the men and women in AFSOC and what is about to happen to them.

How so? No dog in this fight, just curious. 

11 hours ago, Homestar said:

How so? No dog in this fight, just curious. 

A LONG history of narcissistic behavior, destroying careers while having his own failings covered up.  It has been covered in other threads but trying to punish someone for losing a weapon downrange then doing the same himself, running a CV-22 into a tree, giving 20+ commander directed Q-3s as a SQ/CC, general caustic behavior that has been repeatedly rewarded.  Ask anyone in AFSOC about "CAT 5", he got that name because he destroys everything like a hurricane.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/18/2022 at 6:10 PM, ClearedHot said:

A LONG history of narcissistic behavior, destroying careers while having his own failings covered up.  It has been covered in other threads but trying to punish someone for losing a weapon downrange then doing the same himself, running a CV-22 into a tree, giving 20+ commander directed Q-3s as a SQ/CC, general caustic behavior that has been repeatedly rewarded.  Ask anyone in AFSOC about "CAT 5", he got that name because he destroys everything like a hurricane.

And yet, his actions selected him for a position of immense power. It's not a fluke, all the nonsense feel-good speeches from guys like Mosely and Welsh and Goldfein we're just fluff. The military is an organization that lacks/avoids any metric for success (profit, customer satisfaction, productivity, reduced casualties, successful pullout from Afghanistan, etc) and therefore the least valuable on the outside will become the most successful on the inside.

Perhaps, like in the past, a real war will fix that, but a decade later we'll be right back to where we are today.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

And yet, his actions selected him for a position of immense power. It's not a fluke, all the nonsense feel-good speeches from guys like Mosely and Welsh and Goldfein we're just fluff. The military is an organization that lacks/avoids any metric for success (profit, customer satisfaction, productivity, reduced casualties, successful pullout from Afghanistan, etc) and therefore the least valuable on the outside will become the most successful on the inside.

If you think the Air Force chooses senior leaders poorly, try working for state government.  The USAF is inspired genius in comparison....

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Perhaps, like in the past, a real war will fix that, but a decade later we'll be right back to where we are today.

It is truly sad to see one narcissist lunatic not only protect another but pave the way for the second evil clown to advance.  The worst part is some real leaders in AFSOC retired because of it.  One two star in particular is a natural leader and would have done great things, now he is retired living in Oregon and working for industry...truly a crime.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

It is truly sad to see one narcissist lunatic not only protect another but pave the way for the second evil clown to advance.  The worst part is some real leaders in AFSOC retired because of it.  One two star in particular is a natural leader and would have done great things, now he is retired living in Oregon and working for industry...truly a crime.

Sounds like AFSOC picked up some leadership "techniques" from AMC.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

i remember the OG brief cat 5 had when he was called out for not filling out the safety report...

same command climate that was Q3ing guys left and right for all kinds of ticky tack bull shit...and this cat (no pun intended), hits trees and walks consequence free...maybe it's cause the wing king at the time has no integrity either? just a guess...

On 12/20/2022 at 11:40 AM, pbar said:

If you think the Air Force chooses senior leaders poorly, try working for state government.  The USAF is inspired genius in comparison....

Try working for airline management.....

True happiness is flying at an airline & not giving a single jack shit about said airline management.

Cheers & Merry Christmas! :beer:

doc

retired USAF

retired B777I

• 5 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, M2 said:

Interestingly I've heard the Navy fires way more commanders than any other branch. A combination of believing everyone deserves a shot at command, and therefore, performing no screening processes before awarding command--and having a higher power hierarchy then other branches which tends to foment toxic environments easier. 

1 hour ago, FLEA said:

Interestingly I've heard the Navy fires way more commanders than any other branch. A combination of believing everyone deserves a shot at command, and therefore, performing no screening processes before awarding command--and having a higher power hierarchy then other branches which tends to foment toxic environments easier. 

Don't they have a shit ton more command billets than other branches?  

1 hour ago, FLEA said:

Can't speak to the SWO side of the house (never asked one, they're a pretty strange bunch) but Naval Aviation has a screening process for command. 

They basically have tiers (anyone directly involved in this feel free to correct any incorrect info).  Tier 1 is line/fleet squadron, Teir 2 is RAG/training squadrons, and Tier 3 is all others.  Of my 3 Navy Pilot buddies on staff, one screened Teir 1 and commanded an SH-60 squadron in San Diego, one screened Tier 3 and commanded the Naval Brig in San Diego (everyone who knew this guy, was a phenomenal bro, thought this hilarious, the jokes wrote themselves), and the last guy didn't make the cut/didn't command (went back to flying for his last assignment, which is pretty rare in Navy Aviation as I understand it).

Guy I went to JPMEII with (submariner) had an interesting take on the Navy canning as many skippers as they do.  At least in his world, he felt every firing he'd heard about or seen over the course of his career was justified.  Every captain of a Navy submarine is directly in charge of running a nuclear reactor (or dozens of nuclear warheads if it's an SSBN).  His opinion was there's just no leeway/wiggle room if a higher level commander thinks a guy is untrustworthy/unsuitable for command based on the above responsibility.  One guy's opinion.

• Upvote 1