Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

23 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

I thought I heard he got injured pretty badly in the fuge and never actually flew the Eagle. Someone can check me on that. 

He somehow hurt his back pretty badly and lost his ability to fly ejection seat aircraft; he didn’t wash out of the program for performance.  I thought he’d actually flown the Eagle a couple times before it happened but could be wrong on that fact.  

4 hours ago, Danger41 said:

I thought I heard he got injured pretty badly in the fuge and never actually flew the Eagle. Someone can check me on that. 

Don’t ruin my rage buzz danger! How dare you we are trying to execute spincon2022!

Edited by BashiChuni
  • Haha 2

On 6/10/2022 at 9:45 PM, BashiChuni said:

Didn’t he crash an osprey while he was the 1 SOW group/cc? I might be mixing up memories but I thought it was him

I was told he flew a CV-22 into the trees and did some minor damage to the bird...was also "told" they continued on with the training mission after the tree event.  One of dudes in the back thought for sure they were going to flip over and crash. 

The then AFSOC/CC was prepared to end him but Slife stepped in and said he could "save him"... Cat 5 was 3 or 4 BPZ at that point and as I heard that same AFSOC/CC say to my face after another incident, "some people are too far along to let them fail" meaning they had invested so much in making him a GO they didn't want to waste it because AFSOC is obsessed with making AFSOC GOs.

Truly one of the worst humans on earth.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Looks like the USAF isn't the only one...

The Navy is firing a lot of officers and saying almost nothing about it

The Navy tends to relieve leaders in clusters, and the firings have come thick and fast recently.

Since May 31, six commanding officers and one command master chief have lost their jobs: Capt. Amy Larson and Marine Lt. Col Bret Swaim were relieved as commander and executive officer of the Naval Justice School; Cmdr. Matthew McCormick was relieved as commander of Electronics Attack Squadron 137; Cmdr. Devine Johnson and Command Master Chief Earl Sanders were ousted as the skipper and senior enlisted leader of the destroyer USS Bulkeley; Capt. Jeffrey Sandin was fired as head of Recruit Training Command; and Cmdr. Peter Lesaca was relieved as commanding officer of the destroyer USS Preble.

In every case, the Navy said the five men were relieved “due to loss of trust and confidence” in their ability to command rather than providing the exact reasons why they were fired with the exception of USS Preble commander Lesaca, whom a Navy spokesman told the San Diego Union Tribune was relieved after he was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving...

(Full article at title link)

2 hours ago, M2 said:

Looks like the USAF isn't the only one...

To answer the point of the article, it’s a privacy act concern. CDR Lesaca was relieved for DUI. The rest of the reliefs, if it didn’t cross the threshold of a crime or UCMJ violation, cannot be disclosed, even though they may significant enough to get themselves fired. 

4 hours ago, Bigred said:

To answer the point of the article, it’s a privacy act concern. CDR Lesaca was relieved for DUI. The rest of the reliefs, if it didn’t cross the threshold of a crime or UCMJ violation, cannot be disclosed, even though they may significant enough to get themselves fired. 

That’s interesting. So if a Skipper were relieved for running aground or something like that, that’s covered under privacy act? Always seems to leak out if that’s the case.

9 hours ago, Danger41 said:

That’s interesting. So if a Skipper were relieved for running aground or something like that, that’s covered under privacy act? Always seems to leak out if that’s the case.

It depends of course, but in your example if it were allegations/rumors, then the cause wouldn’t be released. It would take said Skipper needing to be charged with a UCMJ violation. 

Now, what leaks out is a totally different story.

• Thanks 1

Bound to happen.  Wondering if Big Blue will follow suit?

Navy relieves itself of command

In an unprecedented move, the Navy announced today it would relieve itself of command due to a loss of trust and confidence.

“After firing over 750 officers and chiefs in the last month, it has become abundantly clear we lack the required sound decision-making skills to maintain control of the world’s second-largest maritime fighting force,” said Adm. Michael M. Gilday at a press conference announcing the decision.

“Plus, we no longer have the personnel to run things ourselves. It’s basically like a post-Covid Chick-Fil-a.”

The Air Force has announced it will step in to command the Navy for the foreseeable future, despite the Space Force being voted “Branch Least Likely to Cause a Scandal” in a recent Military Times poll...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...

Not a firing but it sounds like the military lost a good one this time around.

Col. Bode of 959th Med Ops Squadron, JBSA resigns the day before change of command stating in an official letter "leaders throughout the chain of command were aware and did nothing to stop illegal, immoral and unethical actions."

FB_IMG_1658282526916.jpg

FB_IMG_1658282529274.jpg

FB_IMG_1658282531676.jpg

Edited by LiquidSky
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, LiquidSky said:

Not a firing but it sounds like the military lost a good one this time around.

Col. Bode of 959th Med Ops Squadron, JBSA resigns the day before change of command stating in an official letter "leaders throughout the chain of command were aware and did nothing to stop illegal, immoral and unethical actions."

Hate to see it, but love to see it. 

My better half is an active duty doc. I can’t begin to describe the toxicity and malevolence that we’d repeatedly witnessed in the medical community at 4 locations over 15 years…it’s stuff I wouldn’t have believed could be possible in the military if I didn’t see it myself. There was even a point in time she tried the IG avenue…with the same results as this Col Bode evidently got.

On the plus side, it actually made me appreciate being in the OG, even with all our own warts.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Hate to see it, but love to see it. 

My better half is an active duty doc. I can’t begin to describe the toxicity and malevolence that we’d repeatedly witnessed in the medical community at 4 locations over 15 years…it’s stuff I wouldn’t have believed could be possible in the military if I didn’t see it myself. There was even a point in time she tried the IG avenue…with the same results as this Col Bode evidently got.

The fact that you used the specific word malevolence is chilling. Firmly reinforces my already deep seated belief that I will not let an Air Force medical person do anything with regards to my wellbeing beyond what is minimally required, ie PHA and dental, and that only begrudgingly. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 08Dawg said:

The fact that you used the specific word malevolence is chilling. Firmly reinforces my already deep seated belief that I will not let an Air Force medical person do anything with regards to my wellbeing beyond what is minimally required, ie PHA and dental, and that only begrudgingly. 

As a retiree, I have been shocked at the stark improvement in medical services, with the simple change of a PCM that has no connection to the military.  

Edited by HU&W

1 hour ago, HU&W said:

As a retiree, I have been shocked at the stark improvement in medical services, with the simple change of a PCM that has no connection to the military.  

One of the great things about being in the Guard, is not living anywhere near an MTF...not to mention all the other negatives of being on an AD base.  For those looking to get out soon, add this to the long list of reasons why you shouldn't just hit the easy button and join the Reserve squadron on the AD base you're currently based.  

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, SocialD said:

One of the great things about being in the Guard, is not living anywhere near an MTF...not to mention all the other negatives of being on an AD base.  For those looking to get out soon, add this to the long list of reasons why you shouldn't just hit the easy button and join the Reserve squadron on the AD base you're currently based.  

it's not always rosy at the little guard bases, sometime leadership thinks they can get away with shit because big air force can't see

1 hour ago, 12xu2a3x3 said:

it's not always rosy at the little guard bases, sometime leadership thinks they can get away with shit because big air force can't see

Oh I've seen that happen for sure, and I'll even admit there are a few positives to being attached to an AD base.  But in the context of not having to deal with a MTF, I'll take civilian medical care over an MTF every time.   To my other point, I just meant that I've had shake my head at some friends who jumped to the Reserves at their last duty station and were surprised that it was same bullshit, different patches.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

i have seen first hand how the "leadership" at JBSA and BAMC tried to personally fuck my brother over. at that moment in his life he needed help...help that "leadership" says they're all too willing/able/happy to provide. it's nothing but bull shit lip service. they talk the talk, but when things get uncomfortable they are cowards and cover their collective asses at the first sign of trouble.

without getting into specifics, instead of helping, they isolated him for over two years (great for mental health huh!), charged him, lied about his character/job performance, actively manipulated his peers to lie under oath about him, falsified his training reports, and all together almost drove him to end it. it was close, and our family got very lucky. not one single "leader" at that place walked thru the fire with my brother. not one. almost like the story of the good Samaritan...they simply looked at an Airman in need lying in a ditch, who needed help...spit on him, walked to the other side of the street, and made sure their OPRs were still spit shined with their bull shit.

i'd say everything my brother told me about that shitty place and the cowardly medical "leadership" is word for word in line with what that O-6 just wrote about.

fuck them. i mean that with every ounce of sincerity. fuck them. i hope that letter makes it's way to a congressional investigation and real consequences come to those who deserve them.

Edited by BashiChuni
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

i have seen first hand how the "leadership" at JBSA and BAMC tried to personally fuck my brother over. at that moment in his life he needed help...help that "leadership" says they're all too willing/able/happy to provide. it's nothing but bull shit lip service. they talk the talk, but when things get uncomfortable they are cowards and cover their collective asses at the first sign of trouble.

without getting into specifics, instead of helping, they isolated him for over two years (great for mental health huh!), charged him, lied about his character/job performance, actively manipulated his peers to lie under oath about him, falsified his training reports, and all together almost drove him to end it. it was close, and our family got very lucky. not one single "leader" at that place walked thru the fire with my brother. not one. almost like the story of the good Samaritan...they simply looked at an Airman in need lying in a ditch, who needed help...spit on him, walked to the other side of the street, and made sure their OPRs were still spit shined with their bull shit.

i'd say everything my brother told me about that shitty place and the cowardly medical "leadership" is word for word in line with what that O-6 just wrote about.

fuck them. i mean that with every ounce of sincerity. fuck them. i hope that letter makes it's way to a congressional investigation and real consequences come to those who deserve them.

Honestly I'm not sure how this isn't getting highlighted on the amn/nco/snco Facebook page more. 

BTW, I used to be heavily critical of the usefulness of that page, but I've recognized in the last year, whoever is running it has SIGNIFICANT access to congress. When you can read between the lines on what bills are going up for decision with what stories they request info about it becomes clear they are a data feeder to someone's office for inside information about the AF and DoD. 

Edited by FLEA
  • Like 1

main_1612366620-Howie-Hammerman-Signed-Star-Wars-VI-Return-of-the-Jedi-8x10-Photo-Inscribed-Jabba-s-Burp-Beckett-COA-PristineAuction.com.jpg

USAF Dr/Col, "You guys suck now, you have sucked, and you will continue to suck!"

Big Blue, "BUUURRRRPPPP!"

also, good thing our very own AF congresscritter is investigating important, meaningful things...

Edited by brickhistory
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FLEA said:

Honestly I'm not sure how this isn't getting highlighted on the amn/nco/snco Facebook page more. 

BTW, I used to be heavily critical of the usefulness of that page, but I've recognized in the last year, whoever is running it has SIGNIFICANT access to congress. When you can read between the lines on what bills are going up for decision with what stories they request info about it becomes clear they are a data feeder to someone's office for inside information about the AF and DoD. 

IMHO, congressional folks are not the turds they’re made out to be (with certain exceptions). If they actually know, they’ll work it. If they don’t, they can’t help. The one and only time I worked with my representative, it got fixed immediately. I almost guarantee that letter will at least start something.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Danger41 said:

IMHO, congressional folks are not the turds they’re made out to be (with certain exceptions). If they actually know, they’ll work it. If they don’t, they can’t help. The one and only time I worked with my representative, it got fixed immediately. I almost guarantee that letter will at least start something.

This was my experience as well.  I had a situation where I needed help with a recalcitrant agency and after I called my congressperson's office there was a miraculous change in their demeanor in less than 24 hours.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, guineapigfury said:

This was my experience as well.  I had a situation where I needed help with a recalcitrant agency and after I called my congressperson's office there was a miraculous change in their demeanor in less than 24 hours.

3 same.

Filed a congressional with shitloads of paperwork dotted. All of sudden the “sorry we can’t do anything” answer became oh yea we can fix this IAW regulations 

Edited by LookieRookie
congressional
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, guineapigfury said:

Same here.  Served my time but AF would not release me. (Base had the highest DOS rate in the AF) Contacted congressman.  Was in the middle of Maple Flag when I got the call.  "When you land back at home base you are out."

Edited by Springer