Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

11 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

Even Rat didn’t do what this guy did. That says a lot.

Don’t sell Rat that short.  His shit still stunk just in different ways.

5 hours ago, Bergman said:

Don’t sell Rat that short.  His shit still stunk just in different ways.

One of the highlights of Owens' ROI was in his own statement to the investigator.

“In history the transition did not go well when a C-17 pilot, and commander, came into a C-130 wing, such as Little Rock.”

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

This dude won’t make it through the day.  Calling the commander of the TR “naieve and stupid” to his former crew...what an assclown.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/acting-navy-secretary-ousted-uss-theodore-roosevelt-captain-stupid-naive-coronavirus

and here’s the audio he broadcasted to the ship’s crew

https://youtu.be/G7mwlwO0mdM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, b52gator said:

This dude won’t make it through the day.  Calling the commander of the TR “naieve and stupid” to his former crew...what an assclown.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/acting-navy-secretary-ousted-uss-theodore-roosevelt-captain-stupid-naive-coronavirus

and here’s the audio he broadcasted to the ship’s crew

https://youtu.be/G7mwlwO0mdM

SECNAV just help create an Undue Command Influence defense that a first-year online-law school student could close

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pitt4401 said:

SECNAV just help create an Undue Command Influence defense that a first-year online-law school student could close

Undue influence on what?

The ex-skipper is not being charged with anything that I am aware of.

He got fired.  Can't unring that bell. 

The question remaining is why did the ex-commander do it the way he did.

And, it would seem, that Big Gray will need to be pretty ruthless in crushing/removing loyalists from that boat.  

12 minutes ago, brickhistory said:

Undue influence on what?

The ex-skipper is not being charged with anything that I am aware of.

Exactly, and if Big Grey wanted to pursue UCMJ actions again Crozier, they just became much harder.

It’s almost as if the Navy is reliving their botching of their response to the string of collisions last year

4 hours ago, Pitt4401 said:

Only comes into play if they try to bring a court martial.  I suspect that the Navy will not.  They've had enough bad press over this.  I don't see it working out for them on a public relations front... Which seems to be the only front they care about.

Do any of us really believe this was the guy’s first course of action?

How many conversations, day in and day out, are happening at every single wing right now?

In my humble opinion, not knowing the facts, I’d call that one a Hail Mary that didn’t manage to work...until the media basically force it.

Anecdotally, it was just days prior to me hearing about this letter that the SecDef
Himself was saying he would not evacuate that ship.

Innocent until proven guilty...holds.

His command...more fickle...does not.

To tell a group of sailors, most of whom have this virus now, to shut up and color is low class at best. I hope that one gets his. Not because it’s untrue, but because mouth is running for poor reason.

This one is a real mess.

Fortunately we forget easily...

Modly 2020!

~Bendy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, nsplayr said:

image.png.a0872a5c04b218d6f8798e6c566b0ea5.png

This is what it sounds like when you know you done fucked up.

Unbelievable. Let's count the F2ckups:

1. Navy apparently blows off Crozier's request for assistance.

2. Crozier blasts an email regarding the ship's readiness, most-likely knowing it would get picked up by the press and thinking it would add leverage to his cause.

3. Navy chain of command breaks-down, Crozier gets fired from the top.

4. SECNAV visits the ship and off-the-cuff riffs his tough-love "real talk" over the ship's intercom.

5. SECNAV issues an embarrassing public apology.

What's next? Our enemies and allies have both got to be asking, "WTF?"

Edited by torqued
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SurelySerious said:

Having a speech writer does not guarantee sticking to the script, as seen on a daily basis. 

Maybe his speechwriter is the person that yelled "WTF" during his speech.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, torqued said:

Unbelievable. Let's count the F2ckups:

1. Navy apparently blows off Crozier's request for assistance.

2. Crozier blasts an email regarding the ship's readiness, most-likely knowing it would get picked up by the press and thinking it would add leverage to his cause.

3. Navy chain of command breaks-down, Crozier gets fired from the top.

4. SECNAV visits the ship and off-the-cuff riffs his tough-love "real talk" over the ship's intercom.

5. SECNAV issues an embarrassing public apology.

What's next? Our enemies and allies have both got to be asking, "WTF?"

I'll pick up that torch.

6. Crozier retires with an O-6 pension.

7. Lands a comfortable, high-paying gig.

8. Writes a book and/or becomes a news SME.

9. Looks back at his decision with his head held high.

10.  Realizes he's much happier now that he's out of the shitshow that is the service. 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

On 4/2/2020 at 9:59 PM, DFNJ said:

Just when I think the Navy can't get anymore screwed up, they go and prove me wrong.

Because they fired a commander that did something that most of us wouldn't accept from an O-3 under our command?  

"Hey, CNN... we are way short on jet fuel needed to accomplish our mission; the food is terrible because a bunch of refrigerators are broken; and we have leaks in over half of the bathrooms.  I hope my bosses will get this stuff fixed!"

CAPT Crozier sounds like a great guy and a number of my Navy acquaintances have nothing but good things to say about him.  I have to think that he realized that jumping that much of the chain of command was going to have blowback.  Maybe he didn't realize how much... who knows?   

But he had to go.  

SECNAV's handling of the aftermath is a completely different discussion.  

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Upvote 5