Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

14 minutes ago, Guardian said:

This military has lost its mind. Was anyone offended? Did anyone in the unit have an issue with it? What was the CDI recommendation if the wing CC didn’t fire him because of it? Doesn’t that point to a lesser punishment until a general looking to protect himself got a hold of it? Wonder what people thought of the CC in general? Was this just the tip (sts) of the ice berg or something else?

In these Hunger Games it doesn’t really matter if anyone is offended. All that matters now to the risk adverse managers of the USAF is IF someone COULD’VE been offended. Sounds like the four star didn’t want to leave it open for anyone to be possibly offended and wanted to show senior USAF, DoD, and Congress that he reacted to the alleged issue.

The previous Vance CV was my Sq/CC when he was relieved of command over an ASEV failure, he was the fall guy. He eventually made O-6, but had to work twice as hard and the right people took care of him. So, I wouldn’t say this dude’s career is totally done. According to the article he just took over as Sq/CC, he probably has a few years before he’s retirement eligible. 

Edited by Sua Sponte

9 hours ago, SocialD said:

Guys, stop drawing dicks...this is serious business!!!

Navy:  We temporarily grounded and gave paperwork to the guys who drew the giant sky penis.

AF:  Hold my non-alcoholic beer!

I love the irony in that it's the 69th Bomb Squadron. Can't believe the squadron number hasn't been changed, but I hope it never does.

Edited by Bigred

Does anybody know this guy, email or anything?  I am pretty furious reading about this and I want to talk to him, make sure this isn't a part of something bigger, and if not see what I can do.  I am just over it...we are fighters but the Social Justice Warriors expect us to be social workers

• Like 7
  • Upvote 11

8 minutes ago, congressman said:

Does anybody know this guy, email or anything?  I am pretty furious reading about this and I want to talk to him, make sure this isn't a part of something bigger, and if not see what I can do.  I am just over it...we are fighters but the Social Justice Warriors expect us to be social workers

I know him from my first ops assignment.  Great guy, heard he was a great SQ/CC as well, both at home station and deployed.  Overall, I don’t know if there is more to the story though.  I will PM you his Air Force email this morning.  Appreciate you willing to look into it.

• Like 1

Just now, go_cubbies22 said:

I know him from my first ops assignment.  Great guy, heard he was a great SQ/CC as well, both at home station and deployed.  Overall, I don’t know if there is more to the story though.  I will PM you his Air Force email this morning.  Appreciate you willing to look into it.

Thanks man. Appreciate the input

15 hours ago, Bigred said:

I love the irony in that it's the 69th Bomb Squadron. Can't believe the squadron number hasn't been changed, but I hope it never does.

DoD would need to cleanse tons of current usage and past history to eliminate the number 69 and Phallic Symbols from the books. IMHO, 69% or more of the ordnance items we store, load, fly, drop everyday "in my perverted/simple mind" look like a penis and function like a penis.  The US military (this goes for the rest of the world also) commonly utilizes #69 to ID these penis shaped ordnance items including; bombs, projectiles, rockets, nukes, etc. There are also a few other #69 designated items (components/equipment/etc) the US military has developed that are suitable for use in the traditional #69 sexual mode of operation like "the M-69 Vietnam era flak jacket with a M-69 gas mask (PRC gets credit for this item)". Here's just a few examples of ordnance/other stuff identified by #69 and there's tons more:<)

• GBU-69/B Small Glide Munition; The newest GBU in the USAF arsenal.
  • M-69 Mortar
  • W-69 Nuke Warhead which was the physics package contained in the AGM-69 SRAM (retired in 1993). The AGM-69 SRAM was carried by the B-52. If the USAF was still using the AGM-69 with W-69 Nuke Warhead - they'd be used as one of the primary nuke ordnance loads for the B-52's of the 69th Bomb Squadron. The PC crowd would have a fit with this type of Triple 69 (69/69/69) sexual/nuke/Phallic Symbolism. Today, I have no doubt, that this Triple 69 formation would be the first item on the chopping block at the upcoming New START negotiations.
  • M-69 Incendiary Bomblet "Which Spewed Burning Gelatinized Gasoline That Stuck to its Targets"; General Lemay would be canned today for employing this Phallic Shaped/designated #69 weapon with such sexually explicit effects. 
  •  I'll close with this tune that will eventually be banned from all US military installations due to its sexual genesis (although it would make a good theme song for units designated with #69); ""Summer of '69" and its lyrical meaning. Adams said the song was about sex and making love in the summertime. "69" is a reference to the sexual position, 69".

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, waveshaper said:

Some updated CDI info on this "phenomenon [redacted] of drawing d---s everywhere," :<) "'D---s Everywhere': B-52 Squadron Known for Lewd Drawings on Deployment: Air Force"

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/11/30/d-s-everywhere-b-52-squadron-known-lewd-drawings-deployment-air-force.html

So he didn’t condone the behavior, tried to stop it, and still got fired.  Sounds about right for the AF.

• Haha 1

People aren’t leaving the Air Force. People are leaving because senior leaders and their decisions keep getting worse and worse. And the military is an ever increasingly bad environment to live and work in. People, even some of the most self centered, probably feel some sort of attachment to the military and service. This is getting out of control. The politically correct culture is destroying the ability to get the mission done. And one day will cause un repairable damage to our country.

Finger’s revitalize the squadron was a nice thought. And could have worked except it failed from launch because it was all done in light of PC not the mission.

• Upvote 1

Seen on the Chive.  She’s probably just not near any Cyber dudes and had to settle 😁

0167488D-0137-435F-BAC3-C65A9F6B2829.jpeg