Commanders are dropping like flies this year

MDDieselPilot

CC or DO is at the naming specifically to prevent some retard fighter FTU washout from naming a chick after her nether region (ESPECIALLY in front of some GO). Pawn man is spot on. 

Ive been to several roll calls where the boss has told us to rein it in; typically it was warranted. 

The worst part is, right or wrong, namings will now be verboten in UPT and maybe even other phases of training - all because some dumbass crossed a line and his CC failed to put him in his place. 

Edited by ViperStud
  • Like 1

Ah always one of bashi’s favorite baseops techniques...talking about someone else’s lack of SA when said poster doesn’t have the SA that he has no SA. It’s a classic. 

Pawnman and viperstud I’d suggest you gather the applicable facts before jerking each other off with your moral indignation lubrication. 

34 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

Ah always one of bashi’s favorite baseops techniques...talking about someone else’s lack of SA when said poster doesn’t have the SA that he has no SA. It’s a classic. 

Pawnman and viperstud I’d suggest you gather the applicable facts before jerking each other off with your moral indignation lubrication. 

All I know is that I certainly wouldn't tolerate some stranger calling a female squadron mate a demeaning slang term for female anatomy... Why the fuck would I tolerate it out of the people who are supposed to be her wingmen?

I don't know what part the senior leaders had in this, if any...I suspect they just got caught up in it.  But holy hell, if this is what the SQ/CC was letting happen, he deserves everything coming to him. 

• Like 1

I gotta say. I loved the shit out of the 87th as a stud. I thought the IPs were great. The instruction was great. I was treated like an actual human being and dudes took a huge amount of stock and pride in the outcome of your training. I left there and, with very very very few exceptions, I'd buy a night's worth of rounds for every single dude/dudette I flew with there.

But lets face it. There were some serious shenanigans going on.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sprkt69 said:

When did students start geting named in UPT? Sounds like an awful idea

2x namings for my class, one in each phase. No outsiders/phones allowed in and doors were locked. Multiple female students/IPs there whose opening move was to go extreme early, which set the boundaries for the night.  Was fun/funny as hell for all and a good bit of stress relief that had us at points nearly passing out with drunken laughter at the expense of both us and our IPs. There were actual fighter pilots involved and this was nearly 10 years ago, so maybe that’s the difference. Fuck I’m old.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

Ah always one of bashi’s favorite baseops techniques...words, words, words

Thanks for the advice. I’m obviously not in the 87th but got the story from someone at XL. Some good dudes got caught up in this, no doubt. 

Here’s the thing Bashi - sometimes good people fvck up. When that happens, sometimes those good people get canned. Good CCs know how to find the sweet spot between letting people burn the place down and micromanaging the shit out of them. Sounds like someone couldn’t find that sweet spot. Might be a great dude, but by definition not a great CC. Don’t let one of those cloud your judgment of the other. 

Before you respond that I don’t know all the details - you’re right. I’m not there day-to-day. The details I do know, though, warrant someone getting canned. It’s too bad there was so much collateral damage. 

Edited by ViperStud

8 hours ago, ViperStud said:

Thanks for the advice. I’m obviously not in the 87th but got the story from someone at XL. Some good dudes got caught up in this, no doubt. 

Here’s the thing Bashi - sometimes good people fvck up. When that happens, sometimes those good people get canned. Good CCs know how to find the sweet spot between letting people burn the place down and micromanaging the shit out of them. Sounds like someone couldn’t find that sweet spot. Might be a great dude, but by definition not a great CC. Don’t let one of those cloud your judgment of the other. 

Before you respond that I don’t know all the details - you’re right. I’m not there day-to-day. The details I do know, though, warrant someone getting canned. It’s too bad there was so much collateral damage. 

Bingo.  Even if the CC himself wasn't the one responsible, the fact that FLT/CCs under him thought that tossing out the C-word to label a female student was a good idea in the first place is a failure to set proper boundaries and manage the environment in the squadron.  I don't have to say something that outlandish and wait for my CC to yell at me to know where he stands on that issue.  Apparently, this commander did not make his own intentions quite as clear to his squadron.

Edited by pawnman

Sounds like a dumbass Capt needed to be removed from his position, given an LOR, and a CC call with the bros on WTF is acceptable and what’s not. That’s where it should have gone. Now, if the DO and up were at the naming and said nothing/let it slide, now I can see firings. Maybe that’s the case, but not what I’ve heard. 

Bottom line, as a CC I don’t think it would even cross my mind that one of my flt ccs would be so retarded as to name a chick C, and even more so in front of a GO. I wouldn’t be there, would find out about it afterwards, and then do the above. That’s realistic and reasonable. All of these leaders were probably at home playing with their kids when this went down - and because they were unable to telepathically sense what was about to go down in the future, jump in their Delorean, and stop the shenanigans, they got their careers ruined. 

My only caveat is there could be far more to the story we don’t know about, but firings for the actions of a rogue shithead flt cc alone is bullshit. 

• Like 5

I’ve never been to a naming where neither the CC nor DO were present. If both are unavailable, it gets rescheduled. There’s a reason for that...and it’s what we are talking about right now. 
Fail

We did these “namings” for the students at my UPT base while I was an instructor. The Sq/CC always knew when we were doing them but I never saw him or the DO. I never had any issues with them in my flights but a couple of my buddy Flt/CCs had issues with students getting arrested by SF walking back to their dorms (gmafb)and another one had an issue where one student went to the hospital for alcohol poisoning. In both cases, the Sq and Wg Commanders took care of it at the lowest level possible and life went on.
  • Like 1